Levi's 501 Shrink to Fit (STF)

SLEEZY

and don't buy from levi's. the most you should pay for a pair is $35. hell run down to your local hick grocery store or farm supply they will probably be overflowing.

^

Appreciated man. I used to rock the slim jeans but yesterday when I got my APCs in the mail I realized that I'm probably not suited for them anymore. The waist was *okay* but the thighs and ass were KILLING me. I felt as if the blood flow was getting cut off from my legs. After I put on nearly 20 lbs in three months due to the gym, I realized that I need something different in my wardrobe. All thanks to squats. Appreciate the insight yet again, man.

tequila what....whaaaat...... i sized down 2 and hot washed and hot dryed till damp-ish. ironed out the creases (also to help dry the legs) then wore while the waist was damp to stretch it out. it should stay fit like this forever until next wash which will be a long time.. i would recommend that for you. but do whateverrr. theyre way too baggy for my liking true to size, so i sized down.

cheesy mod:

1126090143.jpg

I was at Sears looking for STF and I found 2 pairs of 30x36 that looked way different in texture than the other pairs and looked at the tags and they are Made in USA.

I was under the impression that Levi's STF aren't made in USA anymore - or am I wrong about that?

I took some photos with my phone:

stf3.jpg

stf2.jpg

stf1.jpg

I was at Sears looking for STF and I found 2 pairs of 30x36 that looked way different in texture than the other pairs and looked at the tags and they are Made in USA.

I was under the impression that Levi's STF aren't made in USA anymore - or am I wrong about that?

I took some photos with my phone:

stf3.jpg

stf2.jpg

stf1.jpg

what was the price on those?

thanks for the information!!!

I didn't buy either of them - but I am wondering if they have any type of resale value other than the original cost either now or down the road in several years.

thanks for the information!!!

I didn't buy either of them - but I am wondering if they have any type of resale value other than the original cost either now or down the road in several years.

I would have bought them. you can sell those on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/LEVIS-501-Shrink-To-Fit-38-x-32-MADE-IN-USA-Deadstock_W0QQitemZ160385709281QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_MC_Jeans?hash=item2557bbb4e1

this pair is goin for 152

they seem to go for around 100 bucks. or you could hold on to them and make more money later

they seem to go for around 100 bucks. or you could hold on to them and make more money later

Thank you for the information!

I am going to go buy them right now and list a pair over in the supermarket here for starters....

Guest TheCatalyticMind

Anyone know any chains that carry 501's? Ive heard Sears, but I dont have one near me. What about Target, Walmart, Kohls, etc?

Id love to go try some on

edit: Ignore this, google provides instant gratification.

Anyways, Im planning on a picking a pair up and tailoring them for a slim/skinny fit with room for shrink.

Ill pick some up this week I think, im gonna guess you guys will want pictures :]

this post might be a little long, but I thought it might be helpful to give some fit and sizing information. For reference, I'm about 5'6" and 120lbs.

Levi's 501STF Midnight size 28x34... soaked with near boiling water... only about a week or two worth of wear.

tuesday035.jpgtuesday036.jpg

Levi's 501STF indigo size 28x34... soaked with hot tap water... at least a couple months worth of wear.

tuesday037.jpgtuesday038.jpg

bonus: here's a couple of modifications/customizations that I did a while ago.

tuesday043.jpg

I stenciled the month and year (07/09) on the right back pocket of the midnights. Obviously, I haven't actually been wearing them that long. I also removed the patch and pocket stitching.

tuesday044.jpg

I also moved the left back pocket to the side of the leg. I'm not really sure how much I like it now. it's kind of weird and my stitching was pretty shitty.

tuesday045.jpg

on the indigo pair, I added an old boyscout patch and some suspender buttons. unfortunately, I don't have a pair of suspenders so the buttons have become a nuisance because they cause pressure points when I wear my belt.

I hope this post was at least moderately helpful. If not... my bad.

this post might be a little long, but I thought it might be helpful to give some fit and sizing information. For reference, I'm about 5'6" and 120lbs.

Levi's 501STF Midnight size 28x34... soaked with near boiling water... only about a week or two worth of wear.

tuesday035.jpgtuesday036.jpg

Levi's 501STF indigo size 28x34... soaked with hot tap water... at least a couple months worth of wear.

tuesday037.jpgtuesday038.jpg

bonus: here's a couple of modifications/customizations that I did a while ago.

tuesday043.jpg

I stenciled the month and year (07/09) on the right back pocket of the midnights. Obviously, I haven't actually been wearing them that long. I also removed the patch and pocket stitching.

tuesday044.jpg

I also moved the left back pocket to the side of the leg. I'm not really sure how much I like it now. it's kind of weird and my stitching was pretty shitty.

tuesday045.jpg

on the indigo pair, I added an old boyscout patch and some suspender buttons. unfortunately, I don't have a pair of suspenders so the buttons have become a nuisance because they cause pressure points when I wear my belt.

I hope this post was at least moderately helpful. If not... my bad.

where did you cop this pair?

Guest TheCatalyticMind

Tried some on at Kohls the other night.

Shit was weak ... they had one 32/32 and the rest of the humongous table was literally full of 36 or 38 waists ... god damn fat ass lower middle class america.

The rise was huge, but the waist was also big, even accounting for shrink.

Ill try again at another store

Just a heads-up on the 2010 stf contest. Sorry I didn't post this in here sooner. It's leaning toward a free-for-all of finishes. Whether or not indigo will be excluded is yet to be determined.

http://mynudies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10206

Hell yeah I'm so in! should be limited free for all, ie all dark finished except indigo. I wanted to be in the last one but missed the deadline by a few days. wore my jeans anyways for about 4 months and they looked pretty damn sick.

Indigo should be excluded!

qft!