Levi's 501 Shrink to Fit (STF)

SLEEZY

more. keep sizing down until you can't stand it anymore. try on different pairs of the same size too, they're not that great on consistently sizing their jeans.

hey guys, shameless plug here... but if you guys head over to mynudies right quick , you can view the results of the contest and even vote (vote for me ha). I personally think this contest produced some well worn 501s.

http://mynudies.com/forums/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=123

Sup fellas, forgive me for all the pictures. Started these almost exactly 1 year ago (January 1, 2009), started off with a hot soak and hang dry. First wash at the end of May (hot wash, hot dry), rain drenched mid June, second wash in August (hot wash, hot dry) and here we are today. These were for the mynudies.com 501 contest and if you guys like what you see, please vote for me thanks!

4231858828_bacbbf4e32.jpg

4231073311_1898cb2610.jpg

4231072211_234625ccbb_o.jpg

4231841232_c1bb233d35.jpg

4231072509_69d3344904.jpg

4231072603_9c7dba7ee6.jpg

4231841668_a76a55572e_o.jpg

4231109907_cefe088590.jpg

4231110001_2ef0ae1189.jpg

Seriously, you've done such a great job with these STF's you def get my vote!

^^nice job. you should continiue to get some shrinkage out of those too fyi.

the 505's i picked up... I'm 99% sure these are raw, gonna soak them today:

dsc00020as.jpg

dsc00021q.jpg

dsc00022o.jpg

dsc00024w.jpg

dsc00025gd.jpg

dsc00023b.jpg

i really hope you didnt size up too much on those because your shrinkage will be very minimal if any. 505s are sanforized or pre shrunk and not shrink to fits.

nice jeans still but they will not shrink much.

im a size 28 and looking for a slim-ish fit. should i size down one?

If you get a size 28 and soak them with boiling water, you should get a relatively slim fit. That's what I did with one of my pairs and they're noticeably slimmer than my other pair that I soaked with hot tap water. The only problem you might encounter is excessive shrinkage in the length.

Just searched for My Original post when I bought these. Almost 6 months to the date. since first worn. Ive Given them a hot shower rinse once after camping and Today Im giving them a long hot soak for fit / some nasty dirt in there from recent hikes. Crotch is about to explode. Must fix soon.

IMG_2209.jpg

IMG_2211.jpg

IMG_2210.jpg

IMG_2212.jpg

I heard this new 501 cut is rad, so I ordered a pair of 29x36 (sized down 2) and they still fit like a fucking box. Bummer.

I don't think levi's has ever had a new 501 cut, the only thing different is how people approach the cut. The new thing now is to size down 1.5 or two and endure the pain for two weeks until they stretch to something bearable.

My last pair were 32's (correct per Levi's recommendations.) Now i'm wearing a 30, and after more than a week are still too tight to wear a belt. Love the hem size tho, just right. Rise is good too, just need this waist to get bigger. And my ass sticks out like a mofo

those are knights right? they look pretty solid. i need to wear mine more...

also wish i would have waited 2 months to buy a pair of stf's so i could rock that contest over at mynudies......oh well.

I was at Sears looking for STF and I found 2 pairs of 30x36 that looked way different in texture than the other pairs and looked at the tags and they are Made in USA.

I was under the impression that Levi's STF aren't made in USA anymore - or am I wrong about that?

I took some photos with my phone:

stf3.jpg

stf2.jpg

stf1.jpg

runormal, I bought a pair very similar to these at a used clothes shop, though the pair is new. I'm a little suspicious that they could be fake because the tags aren't quite as legit looking as yours. Frankly they're done so well, they're probably real. Doubt they go for $100. I'll post pics soon.

x-post from mynudies contest - thought this would be awesome enough to share with the superfuturian elite:

Had a collective hot-soak party with two other 501STF2010 contestants during Super Bowl Sunday.

FIT PICS!

Nate_fit.jpg

natepan, Verde 28x34 (re-post from last weekend)

Chris_fit.jpg

Crizzlechris, Indigo 29x34

pc_fit.jpg

pcjones, Verde 28x34

(note: she is pointing to where her belly button is)

pc_smiles.jpg

bonus shots! I had to give pcjones' pearly whites some justice :-D

IMG_2777.jpg

before the hot soak, pcjones lent us her talents and drew custom patches for the three of us.

IMG_2781.jpg

the skillful artist at work...

IMG_2784.jpg

natepan - "Filipino robot"

IMG_2785.jpg

Crizzlechris - "the giraffe"

IMG_2786.jpg

pcjones - "'really! I am a girl!' flowers"

IMG_2783.jpg

date/time/BNWT, and we are ready to hot-soak!

Prepping the tub:

IMG_2854.jpg

Save water - soak together :-D

IMG_2857.jpg

Ran the (barely) hot tap until the water covered the jeans. Then added boiling water as fast as it would boil for the next 1.5 hours. Ended up using 5 pots worth of boiling water.

IMG_2868.jpg

To keep it fair, we flipped the jeans over after 2 pots of water -the concern was that the jeans at the bottom would get all the submersion while the top jean would be exposed. Also used the water bottle weight trick to keep these bad boys down.

IMG_2874.jpg

THE WATER GOT DARK!

The water didn't look this dark until we lifted the jeans out. More dye kept on flowing from the jean for almost a minute while the jeans were out of the water.

Btw, there are still water bottles in my shower. My sister was like, "wow, are you that thirsty?"

IMG_2890.jpg

hung them to dry for the next couple of days.

IMG_2888.jpg

to be continued...

Okay, so I'm pretty sure now my jeans are real. How they got out of the factory is a mystery, but it's unacceptable as it was made in USA. The "patch" looks kind of weird because of the 4 indents on the top and the bottom.

IMG_1127.jpg

IMG_1128.jpg

IMG_1130.jpg

What's different about runormal's tag is that this one isn't stitched with thread, it's a plastic like paper thing.

IMG_1137.jpg

IMG_1138.jpg

This last pic is why I was a little upset, but I got over it cause I only spent $19 total on this thing. How many mistakes can you see?

Additional pic shows reverse tag reading: "4550C045", wash instructions, "522-07-0 41028-4", and "501-0000"

http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae194/shibuya-kun05/IMG_1134.jpg

So it's a defective pair, but I kinda like it because it's rare to see.