Levi's 501 Shrink to Fit (STF)

SLEEZY

The "patch" looks kind of weird because of the 4 indents on the top and the bottom.

So it's a defective pair, but I kinda like it because it's rare to see.

the four indents are completely normal.

I don't see what is defective about your pair.

rivet missing, coin pocket stitching runoff etc. just replace the rivet. the stitching is dope and the denim looks real neat.

yeah, I sorta like the imperfections, even though the missing rivet could pose problems. should i find just any rivet or can i get my hands on levi's rivets somewhere?

denim is fairly stiff, though more greyish-blue than indigo

It seemed like my hem shrank quite a bit when I did a boiling soak. My size 28x36 pair that I did a boiling soak on only has a tiny pit of break at the bottom when they are uncuffed whereas my other pair in the same size that I did a regular hot soak on is double cuffed and still hits the top of my shoe. I don't have exact measurements, but I could post pictures if you want me to.

• 2 weeks later...

Fuck it.. I've come full circle in the denim cycle...after so many years of Japanese denim I'm caving and gonna break in another pair of stf's. Started yesterday with a good hot soak, didn't opt for the longer hem of 36 went with the 34 which shrank down to a 31. Which is ok I guess not gonna have a lot of stacking, but this is gonna be a short project anyway. 6 months and no wash till the end... gonna update in here as I roll along.

aight so i might pick up a pair of these levis stf. ima get a sz.32x34 which well shrink to a 31x31 right? just wondering what should i do when i get them wear them or soak them or whatever first? new to this denim stuff but im really interested. wanna cop some apc ns soon but might try these first. any help would be appreciated. thanks!

@1shoeaddict

nah, if your waist size is a 31 and want a pretty slim fit, go TTS and get a 31x34. The waist to the STFs will shrink a bit, but will eventually stretch back out. The inseam will shrink considerably, like you said.

Get em and soak em in hot water for about an hour, and hang dry em on a sunny day

My true waist is like 35.25. I got 34x38 (i'm 6'4") and did and initial hot soak, machine wash at 4 months because they were super dirty. They now fit perfectly and I love them. Usually wear them as my work jean, but if they don't get too dirty they get rotated in with my normal wear. I'll post some pictures later today.

my bad for the sorry ass pics. but anyways i just want some opinions on how the jean looks on me. is it too baggy, waist too small, length too long etc. i went true to sz.31x34.

bought 2 pairs. im prolly gonna soak the indigos first to see how it turns out.

levis1.jpg

some before soak pics.

levis2.jpg

levis3.jpg

levis4.jpg

levis5.jpg

oh yeah i was also wondering how to soak these? can i use the washing to soak these in? like put the water on hot and turn the cycle to soak? and do i flipped the jeans inside out? my bad about the questions just trying to learn more. thanks for any help.

Just updated the 2010 STF contest at mynudies, figuring might as well post here too :)

Started wearing this pair on and off since 1st Feb 2010, tag size is 32 x 32, actual measurement on jeans is 33 x 32, my true waist is 34, so technically, I size down 1. Hot soak twice during 1st 2 weeks for shrinkage. This is wat I've get so far :)

stfmar15a.jpg

stfmar15b.jpg

stfmar15e.jpg

stfmar15k.jpg

stfmar15h.jpg

stfmar15i.jpg

should i find just any rivet or can i get my hands on levi's rivets somewhere?

i know this a few weeks old, but if you're interested, i used to work for levi's and in all levi's only stores they have huge jars of millions of rivets just sitting around.

just go in and ask and they'll give you a handful.

I want that cloth banner. where is this? wanna go back and knab it for me?... seriously..

Anybody ever wore some stfs just raw for awhile?

At some levis store they are running stf campagin and saying wear them TTS and never wash them but if you need to, do it for 20 mins with some dr bronners

this is what im talking about

501chart.jpg