Levi's 501 Shrink to Fit (STF)

SLEEZY

just hot washed a brand new pair of STFs. stoked to start wearin them. i'm not workin on anything nice at the moment. Just gap skinny selvedge raw, and these STFs now.

random thought: these cheap levis STFs are the first raw jeans i feel like i sized correctly. hah weird..

just got them yesterday.

..yes i did just post that in the evo thread. but it belongs here. just kinda stoked on it..

BUMP - does nobody wear them cheap shits anymore? i've seen some pretty sick faded pairs. granted, they are garbage in comparison to a lot of the stuff people wear around here...

BUMP - does nobody wear them cheap shits anymore? i've seen some pretty sick faded pairs. granted, they are garbage in comparison to a lot of the stuff people wear around here...

i have a pair of stf Black for work, big cuff rockabilly style and some whiskers coming in...very slowly, i wear my shit hard

how long you been wearing thim? they fading much?

about 2 months, yea theres whiskering, but i need natural lighting to show progress, maybe tomorrow. and i need a pair of indigo stf's because i've been dropping weight so much lately, i've lost 30lbs since October 1st and i'm still working on it, not gonna spend good money on good denim yet.

just happened to pick up a pair of knight. 32x38. post soak fit pics. really digging the stiffness and texture for a non-selvage denim, and sizing down on the 501 gives a solid fit as well.

4147714692_4b0c426bb8.jpg

4146957007_1390413020.jpg

4147716572_b23214f444.jpg

got them at macy's downtown Minneapolis. I guess they were a special order that somebody returned. best 34.99 I ever spent! i was looking for the standard rigid color, but this was the only pair i could track down in my size...the levis store didn't even carry these...

how did u size on those Z?

im really pissed off that i wasted 40 dollars on mine and i sized wrong :/

well, my natural waist is a bit under 34. so i sized down 2 from that...but they've stretched so much already that i feel like i could have gotten into a 31...i'm also 6'5" 195lbs. I didn't want to kill the "look" of a 501 either, so i'm glad i didn't get a 31.

well, my natural waist is a bit under 34. so i sized down 2 from that...but they've stretched so much already that i feel like i could have gotten into a 31...i'm also 6'5" 195lbs. I didn't want to kill the "look" of a 501 either, so i'm glad i didn't get a 31.

Just curious: how long/hot did you soak your STFs? I've gotta say, you've got one of the most incredible 501STF fits on sufu.

Just curious: how long/hot did you soak your STFs? I've gotta say, you've got one of the most incredible 501STF fits on sufu.

i soaked them as hot as my tap would go (which is way hotter than it should be. shit hurts, didn't test the temp though)...and then added a bit of boiling water initially...for about an hour and a half. they shrunk a ton in the inseam 2-3 inches, noticeably in the rise, but not much in the waist/legs. here is a pic of the pre-soak fit.

4145444082_98b9144f0a.jpg

and thanks for the props on the fit everybody...i'm really loving these so far. and seeing markymethod's down there makes me excited to see these in a few months. the weave is really loose, and i feel like they'll pick up a ton of texture.

quick questions -- thinking about getting a couple of these online asap from the levis store.

1.) when i first get a pair, i do a hot or cold soak in the tub?

2.) for how long are they soaked?

3.) I dont plan on washing them and want to wear them hard. as. fuck. what's the best size to get if i'm 5'4''-5'5'' 145-150 lbs? got a pair of APC NS yesterday in 26 and thought i was gonna DIE. I'm thinking a 29 especially if they shrink when they are soaked?

4.) i've never worn levis before...how do they fit compared to diesels or dior homme?

I just want to get a pair or two of jeans and wear them to shit man.

the fit is very 'classic' EXTREMELY roomy in the thighs and tall in the rise. I would suggest you size even lower or else you will probably hate the fit since it sounds like you are used to slim cut brands. the great thing about STFs is that they are so damn cheap its nothing to buy a new pair if you screw up.

soak em how ever you feel like, jesus, they are cowboy jeans. cowboys dont give a fuck.