Samurai S5000 owners

I forgot to mention I had a pair of 31 and it was wayyy too tight on me. If I get a pair of 33 and hotsoak it right away, what will be the end result after streching? Sorry for all the questions but I absolutely love these jeans and I desperately want to find the right fit.

It seems like you should get true to size or down one, from what I am seeing with the pair I have. They seem to shrink to tag size and stretch another inch or 2 max.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to hear you like the jeans Johnny.

If its tight on the hips now, you should be fine as they'll probably stretch a little bit more.

I shrunk them when I got them, so most of the shrinking should be out of the way, just don't throw them into a hot dryer!

They'll likely feel tighter after a wash/hangdry (as with all jeans) but they'll stretch right back out again after a few wears. My bet is they'll end up fitting you perfectly in a couple weeks. enjoy!

It seems like you should get true to size or down one, from what I am seeing with the pair I have. They seem to shrink to tag size and stretch another inch or 2 max.

OK thanks for the help. I'm going to bust out the measuring tape and if I come out to a 33 or 34 then I'm getting them for sure.

Guest jeffvyain

took a really fucking bad spill in my 5000s last saturday on the longboard going about 35 mph. i don't have any skin left on my palms, but my jeans still look untouched. i actually scabbed up both of my knees a little bit through the jeans, yet they remained unchanged. i really don't understand how these things can be so tough. it's going to take my skin 2 weeks before i can use my hands without ace bandages wrapped around them to hold the on the 2nd skin, and my jeans look normal. i think they're magic.

Since it seems like I'm being ignored in the small questions thread, I'll post my questions here about the samurai S5000vx here :)

1.How can I talk to a representative of 2nd Rakuten by email?

2.How much are customs taxes + shipping fees (Vancouver, BC) from 2nd Rakuten?

3.If I'm normally w28 length 32, would the 26 waist option fit perfectly after soak? And how much should I except them to stretch?

Thx alot to anyone who helps me answers this ;)

1) i dont know, i emailed them in both english AND japanese and they sent me a message saying they dont understand and send my messages in both english and japanese. (which i had did with the 1st messgage i sent them so i said fuck it, i guess i aint ordering more shit from them)

2) i dont know.

3. Yeah that sizing should work expect them to stretch to tagged size or maybe a little bit larger than tagged size.

I took the plunge and bought a pair of s5000vx's from BIG and got them the other day. However I have some questions for before I soak them.

I tried them on and these things are big. I don't mean big from being pre-soak, but big as in baggy. I feel like these things give a "bubble butt" look. But the rise seems almost fine right now.

My question is will the hip area and upper thigh area shrink a lot, while keeping the rise shrinkage to a minimum.

From the pictures I've seen of others' vx's, they look like they are the cut I want, a slimmer cut with a straight leg, I'd just like to make sure that this is what other vx owners experienced before soaking. Thanks

I tried them on and these things are big. I don't mean big from being pre-soak, but big as in baggy. I feel like these things give a "bubble butt" look. But the rise seems almost fine right now.

How did you size? Down? Actual waist? When I got mine I measured jeans that fitted me accross the actual waist, then went down 2 from that on the tag of the sams. I think most here have downsized 1 or 2 to get the right fit on the 5000.

yeah, I got a 32. My actual waist is probably 33. I have started buying 32 jeans lately and they stretch out to fit pretty good. The only jeans I have that could be a good reference here is my APC New Standards. I got a 31 and they were tight at first, fit pretty good for a month or so, and now they've stretched out to be almost 34. They still fit alright, I don't have to wear a belt with them, but they are a little loose. So I figured a 32 would be alright, because if they shrink down to an actual 32 they would be very snug & I could stretch them out.

But I'm not worried so much about the waist as I am the hips and upper thighs. When I tried them on they just seemed to bulge out a lot. I was just wondering if anybody else had noticed this, but then had the bulging disappear after the soak.

I think someone on this thread compared the s5000vx's to an APC NS without a tapered leg opening which is exactly what I'm looking for. If they shrink down that would be perfect. I just didn't know how much they are supposed to shrink. It seems like they would need to shrink a lot to make this happen.

Sorry mate maybe I should of given a little more detail...My jeans that fit me perfectly measure 34 (not loose). I got a tag size 32 in the end (after trying to fit in a 31) and they fit me perfectly. I bought a 33 at first by mistake but they flared out at the hips and seat even after i'd boil-soaked them several times. As others have pointed out though, watch out for sizing down too much as the S5000 shrinks a bit more when finally washed. I have a feeling your's are a bit big but maybe someone else could give a second opinion? can you post a pic of you wearing them so we can see what you mean?

In the end it's down to personal pref. but a pair in 33 flared out on me so I went to a 32 because I didn't like the way they looked. Bear in mind that as you downsize, the rise gets lower. If you want a higher rise swap them for a diff. model. Anyway I would suggest posting pics of you wearing them raw, and get some other opinions-then make up your own mind as jean fit is really a personal thing :-)

I'm confused here :confused: I read this entire thread, and someone mentioned that s5000vx is slimmer than s5000bk. Is this true? I'm waist 28, and I'm going to order waist 26 (sizing down once or twice was recomended for bk), but if vx is slimmer than bk, than should I go with a waist 27?

Thanks for any help! :) For clarification I'm ordering s5000VX not bk...

I'm confused here :confused: I read this entire thread, and someone mentioned that s5000vx is slimmer than s5000bk. Is this true? I'm waist 28, and I'm going to order waist 26 (sizing down once or twice was recomended for bk), but if vx is slimmer than bk, than should I go with a waist 27?

Thanks for any help! :) For clarification I'm ordering s5000VX not bk...

It's true, VX are slightly slimmer than BK. I sized down 1 on VX and was considering sizing down 2 on BK but the shop did not have them in sz 30 so I've got both VX and BK in 31. Still, the BKs fit great after wash - I gave them a wash instead of a soak.

/\___/\

//    ヽ::: \

| (●), 、(●)、 |

| ,,ノ(、_, )ヽ、,, |    

|   ,;‐=‐ヽ :::::|    

\  `ニニ´.:::/

/`ー‐--‐‐—´´\

.n:n    nn

nf|||   | | |^!n

?? I own both the VX and BK in the same size, and the vx is definitely not slimmer than the BK. After several hours of wear the VX measures the exact same as my 5 month old completely stretched BKs. My VX was one washed before they were shipped to me, might have some shrinkage left though.. my BKs on the other hand, were hot soaked twice. If anything, my stretched BKs feel a bit slimmer than my VX ( although this could just be because they're black denim, and starchless ).

I bought both VX and BK in a store and tried them on when they were raw. VX were already pretty snug on me in a raw state in sz 31 and I would not size down any further but BKs felt a bit roomier and I wanted to try sz 30 but it was not available. I did not soak the VX yet but washed the BK and wearing them now and they fit fine, but I think I still could go with sz 30 as the waist did not shrink much.

/\___/\

//    ヽ::: \

| (●), 、(●)、 |

| ,,ノ(、_, )ヽ、,, |    

|   ,;‐=‐ヽ :::::|    

\  `ニニ´.:::/

/`ー‐--‐‐—´´\

.n:n    nn

nf|||   | | |^!n

Maybe our jeans are from different batches. I've tried two pairs of 31 BKs in the shop and they fit the same. I think the bottom line would be that sizing down 2 can cause serious balls movement constriction so sizing down 1 is the safe bet, if ordering online.

I'd just like to say that these jeans are the shit.

I'm not sure what my true waist is exactly, but let's put it this way; the jeans I had previously, were all between w30-32. My pair of w30's, post 1 soak, just days after I've had them, fit pretty much perfectly. I didn't do any hanger trick, just soaked them in the tub and hung to dry-- the waist is actually not that small, I don't think, and it seems to stretch pretty easily-- I sag my jeans down to around the hip somewhere, and it's fitting fine i. I actually hope they don't stretch whatsover in both leg and waist, but that's probably a futile hope.

If it's at all helpful, I'm about 5'10, 165lb, work out a decent amount, so I don't exactly have the SuFu build. I agree with those who say it's not that slim of a cut, although it's certainly not... unslim. I think it's a great fit for those of us who, say, could pull off Ralfs but not Slim Jims.

Edit: I think this is one of those "they're just pants" moments, but I am starting to think I should've gone for w29's to accomodate for stretching.