Samurai S5000 owners

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry to post on 2 threads but it looked like this one was more active. denom phenom replied to my question on the other samurai thread but i wanted to get other opinions as well. here's my original post:

sammy noob here. i'm expecting delivery of my first pair of S5000VX sammies that i bought from khalitire here on sf. they're tagged a 26 waist but he had stretched them out to a little over 28 which is my natural waist size. they've also already been soaked. my question is can i expect to get a little more stretching in the waist? i'd actually like to get maybe another inch. i know most denim stretches but that seems like quite a bit of stretching already. keeping my fingers crossed.

sorry to post on 2 threads but it looked like this one was more active. denom phenom replied to my question on the other samurai thread but i wanted to get other opinions as well. here's my original post:

sammy noob here. i'm expecting delivery of my first pair of S5000VX sammies that i bought from khalitire here on sf. they're tagged a 26 waist but he had stretched them out to a little over 28 which is my natural waist size. they've also already been soaked. my question is can i expect to get a little more stretching in the waist? i'd actually like to get maybe another inch. i know most denim stretches but that seems like quite a bit of stretching already. keeping my fingers crossed.

I got (wrongly-they're too big) a Tag 33, and they currently measure about 36. They've been soaked a few times but they seem to stretch back out through sitting etc. So I reckon you should be fine.

wow. didn't realize you could get that much stretch. how tight were they at first?

Think if I remember right they were 35 raw. shrank to about 34 on first soak. Soaked hot and dried, and then soaked hot again without wearing to try to get them down to tag. Didn't really work but I think they shrink more if you wash them maybe. I'm def. no expert on these though.

I put my 5000s in a plastic tub with boiling hot water for 5 hours. I replaced the water about half way through to keep it hot.

Pre soak

waist 32.5in

inseam 38.5in

hem 8.75in

thigh 12in

knee 9.25in

Post soak

waist 31in

inseam 37.5in

hem 8.5in

thigh 11.75in

knee 9in

I was hoping they would shrink a lot more and i'm sure that after another really hot soak they inseam should shrink up. I'm going to do this before getting them hemmed.

Will post fit pics later.

I just got done with another 5 hour boiling water soak and I don't think the inseam changed at all.

Also, I think I should have kept the 30s that I sold to a forum member earlier this week.

Abstract, if you fit all of those sizes i'd go with the 29. That way they will stretch out and be comfortable.

I seriously feel for you on this one DP:(

I just got done with another 5 hour boiling water soak and I don't think the inseam changed at all.

Also, I think I should have kept the 30s that I sold to a forum member earlier this week.

Abstract, if you fit all of those sizes i'd go with the 29. That way they will stretch out and be comfortable.

that's strange because my s5000bks shrunk 2.5 inches in the inseam and to tagged size about 2 inches in the waist. i did a 3 hour hot water soak. i added boiling water when i did mine.

My tub doesn't like to keep the water in it so I need to get a stopper. I think another 5 hour boiling soak is in order.

Place a small towel flat on the drain hole and insert the plaste plg to the hole. I think that will solve your problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my 5000bk's today! I ordered them direct from samurai-j.com, and everything is still intact (arcuate, tab) - i've never felt anything like them before, my only other pair of raw denim are 501xx 37's and they were nowhere near as stiff, these things feel like cardboard! They are drying now after their soak (3 hours).. they shrank quite a bit (2.5"), although only really in the leg as the waist is pretty much the same. Can't wait to start wearing them...

Got my 5000bk's today! I ordered them direct from samurai-j.com, and everything is still intact (arcuate, tab) - i've never felt anything like them before, my only other pair of raw denim are 501xx 37's and they were nowhere near as stiff, these things feel like cardboard! They are drying now after their soak (3 hours).. they shrank quite a bit (2.5"), although only really in the leg as the waist is pretty much the same. Can't wait to start wearing them...

What size are you if you don't mind me asking?

What size are you if you don't mind me asking?

Not at all - I'm usually a size 34 (could wear 33 but prefer a looser fit), but these are a size 35. I thought that they would be a bit slimmer than they actually are, and now I've got them I think I probably should have just ordered a 34. I don't really mind though, because I'm still happy with how they fit and if they shrink more with subsequent washes I think they'll be fine. A few pics of the fit (excuse the mess, I live in a student house...):

s5000bkfront.jpgs5000bkside.jpgs5000bkback.jpg