Samurai S5000 owners

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from the question i posted on the samurai thread .. ill ask it here too.. this is not a zero model but a s710xx 19 oz... i wore them yesterday after a night's soak(( i hot showered wearing them to dry ) and noticed the denim became softer and more " wearable" and in just a days use like wearing them for 7 hours the freaking jeans already started to show fades on the crotch and the wallet and the whiskers area.. im afraid this will grow worse.. and eventually after a few months of wear they'll start ripping on those parts like the crotch.. did i do something wrong here? i mean on the soak

My S5000BKs just arrived. The APO to the boondocks takes longer than most places, but these still came quickly. They really ARE amazing. Amazingly heavy, just to begin with. Buttoning these babies was practically impossible at first. I don't mean ON me. I mean holding them in my lap and trying to get the buttons into the button holes. That's how stiff this denim is. Fortunately, the top three button holes loosen up with some effort. The 38" inseam is another issue. They're drying from the first soak now, so I've yet to see what shrinkage I'll get.

I ordered this directly from Toshiko-san at Samurai-J. I really think buying direct IS the way to go.

I've now joined the SuFu Toshiko Fan Club. :cool:

My S5000BKs just arrived. The APO to the boondocks takes longer than most places, but these still came quickly. They really ARE amazing. Amazingly heavy, just to begin with. Buttoning these babies was practically impossible at first. I don't mean ON me. I mean holding them in my lap and trying to get the buttons into the button holes. That's how stiff this denim is. Fortunately, the top three button holes loosen up with some effort. The 38" inseam is another issue. They're drying from the first soak now, so I've yet to see what shrinkage I'll get.

I ordered this directly from Toshiko-san at Samurai-J. I really think buying direct IS the way to go.

I've now joined the SuFu Toshiko Fan Club. :cool:

soon those buttons will be able to button with the slightest of ease.

s5000vx and s5000wx are the same except for two things

vx has two samurais on the patch, wx has mountain and a sumo

vx has samurai's silver/red selvedge, wx has their blue/red/silver selvedge

other than that exactly the same.

and also, the vx has a red tab on right backpocket, and the wx has white tab on left backpocket

no what i mean is that they fade really fast with just like 24 hours of wearing them i they already have the knee bulge and waist streched out to like half an inch.. do sammies really are like this? this is the 19 oz variant..

no what i mean is that they fade really fast with just like 24 hours of wearing them i they already have the knee bulge and waist streched out to like half an inch.. do sammies really are like this? this is the 19 oz variant..

I doubt they are fading in 24 hours, they do stretch pretty quickly though, especially if you put them on wet.

ohh no not really fading but you can already see some contrast on the creases .. ill just have to watch these babies out a bit wont really hard use them..

ohh no not really fading but you can already see some contrast on the creases .. ill just have to watch these babies out a bit wont really hard use them..

edmond/carbon, I want you to take a deep breath and hold it in for 10 seconds. Log off of SuFu. Slowly release said breath. Now tell yourself.... "they are blue jeans, ONLY blue jeans, they can withstand water and wear". Do this for the next 15 minutes.

Next take a walk in above referenced blue jeans. At the end of that walk inspect blue jeans. I am confident they will still be in one piece. If they are still in one piece, try escalating the confidence building process. Rub your hands on the blue jeans, roll around on the ground, go for a bike ride. I think at the end of all this you will feel better about your blue jeans and with a little bit of luck even yourself.

The next step is staying away from SuFu for at least a week. Maybe two. I hope this helps. Mikesduc.

from the question i posted on the samurai thread .. ill ask it here too.. this is not a zero model but a s710xx 19 oz... i wore them yesterday after a night's soak(( i hot showered wearing them to dry ) and noticed the denim became softer and more " wearable" and in just a days use like wearing them for 7 hours the freaking jeans already started to show fades on the crotch and the wallet and the whiskers area.. im afraid this will grow worse.. and eventually after a few months of wear they'll start ripping on those parts like the crotch.. did i do something wrong here? i mean on the soak

first off, a hot shower alone isn't the end of your shrinking. You will need to HOT soak these to fully get rid of all shrinking. Secondly, like mikeduc said, chill out, they're only jeans. If you didn't want them to fade/wear you shouldn't have gotten samurai's as EVERY samurai model is DESIGNED TO WEAR. Next time, get a pair of something else that doesn't wear.

Well... yes and no. Some people just want the fade thing to happen in a way that doesn't look like it took a wage-worker or a machine 3 seconds to do with a stick of sandpaper. They want the 'perfect fade' to happen as a result of gravity, abrasion, natural wear, etc over time. They put their blood, sweat and toil into their Sams with months of bike-riging and strenuous activity. My thighs, ass and calves have actually grown quite a bit from all of the biking and stair climbing I've done in them. My physical health is actually improving do to my jeans! As long as they don't help it along with starch and sandpaper I don't think that makes it artificial at all. Denim is meant to be worn hard, regardless of whether you are 'trying' to break them in or not.

a hot soak will be more effective. cold soak will not finish all of the shrinking

Ditto! Do not think you can get away with a cold soak. That would be dumb. Hot soak until the waist and inseam are true to tag size. Don't ruin these amazing jeans; you'll never forgive yourself. The Nudies and Gap jeans were sanfordized, these are not. It's a price we pay for authenticity.

Get a 32. They stretch.

I just got a pair off nairb49, and I think sized down too much. I'm a true 32, but the waist on his 30 pair measured 32 after stretching, so I gambled! Turns out, the rise is a little lower than I expected, and it's very tight sitting on my hips. I can button it all up, but it's pretty tight, so my question is will it shrink anymore? Or is my only option to lose a little weight? Either one is fine, as these jeans are probably the only things that will truly motivate me to get back in shape.

But while I'm posting, might as well get it out. FUCK I LOVE THESE JEANS! I'm still pretty new to raw denim, but the difference between Samurais and lightweight jeans is just huge. They were worn for like a week by the previous owner, but these are still crispy. The weight is just incredible, it just sucks that the weather is finally getting really nice in the bay area and I am sweating balls today. Still, I'm real excited to start working on these, I just hope they stretch a bit more.

Get a 32. They stretch.

I forgot to mention I had a pair of 31 and it was wayyy too tight on me. If I get a pair of 33 and hotsoak it right away, what will be the end result after streching? Sorry for all the questions but I absolutely love these jeans and I desperately want to find the right fit.