Pure Blue Japan

midnight

true dat! but oh so hard to fade though :-( My pair is the only pair of jeans I've ever owned where a tear formed before a fade.

with that much character to the denim, fading is almost irrelevant imho. i could lock myself in a room with those jeans and a handful of mushrooms and keep myself occupied for hours. :blink:

with that much character to the denim, fading is almost irrelevant imho. i could lock myself in a room with those jeans and a handful of mushrooms and keep myself occupied for hours. :blink:

I'm willing to bet even that wouldn't do it right. To the best of my knowledge no pics exist of these jeans with sick fades. I am so curious to see if it can even be done at all. What I love about these AIs is that unlike some of the other brands I've seen try it (Oni and Samurai) these don't look crazy. When the Sammies 510 version came out earlier this year I rushed to check them out but I was horrified by the 1980s acid wash look of them.

I wanna get xx013 raws and want to know if they will actually shrink the full 2.5 inch for inseam or will it shrink less than that and be like the one wash inseam. I'm asking because I wanna get them hemmed by BIG when I ordered them and want to know where the inseam will end up at after wash.

Just finished soaking mine, and the inseam shrank about 2 inches...

I'm willing to bet even that wouldn't do it right. To the best of my knowledge no pics exist of these jeans with sick fades. I am so curious to see if it can even be done at all. What I love about these AIs is that unlike some of the other brands I've seen try it (Oni and Samurai) these don't look crazy. When the Sammies 510 version came out earlier this year I rushed to check them out but I was horrified by the 1980s acid wash look of them.

I will try my best not to disappoint. Although I agree with you on the tear before fade, I can see my crotch starting to get a little loose.

i bought pbj 007 in size 29 sized one up from my regular size waist is about 1.5" too big after being soaked i bought the raw version. i got the gnarly flare from the knee down like grand theft auto posted. thing is even with all this being said the thighs fit the slimmest out of all denim i own. what i'm wanting to ask is will the thigh's stretch? right now it looks like a pair of slim bootcut jeans.

mine don't seem stubborn at all... they've softened up decently already and they're showing some wear too. it might just be all the stuff i've been doing recently, like all the biking and whatnot. i think the hardest part is getting them on and off every time. then again, it's only been one month so i can't really offer too much advice.

I thought the o/w has gotten rid of all if not most of the stretches though? Ie. most people here have gone true to size yet some have reported that theirs stretched1.5" on the waist

o/w gets rid of all the shrinking, not the stretching. So you're still going to have the jeans stretch out to original size if not more, just like any pair of raw.

ahhh I`m an idiot. thanks for the clarification. :wacko:

No worries, best way to look at it is that o/w sizing similar to what you are going to get after soaking your raw pair. O/w process shrinks a bit more because of the machine wash/dry they do, so you're basically getting all the shrink out. Keep in mind the actual raw tag size, because that's more than likely what you'll be looking at in the areas that stretch. :D

i love the denim on my 11s. the left-hand gray weft fabric has a really unique sort of color that's hard to capture in pictures and it fades really fast. the weight is perfect too, not too heavy or too light. My only gripe is that the lower thigh is too tight, other than that the jeans are a slim but very comfortable fit. you'll love yours, assuming the thighs aren't a problem.

Here are mine at about fifty days of real wear.

386012_10150409336802470_560027469_8616362_237562230_n.jpg

what's the difference between the 11s and 13s, anyway? they look like they're pretty much the same cut. i know the 13s use the same denim as 005s, but that's it.

The 13s used to be a slightly bigger cut than the 11s (based on my personal pair) now they're the same though.

Leather patch on the 13s reads "Blue In Green" rather than Pure Blue Japan.

The hardware isn't the same black color that it is on the 11s, and the leaf is blue rather than white.

That's really about it I think?