Pure Blue Japan

midnight

These are posted on behalf of Adam Kerchman, whom I met while in BiG a few days back wearing this baaaaad ass pair of PBJ xx-005s, worn since october 2007:

3571870454_cd27eea57f.jpg

3571040583_8bd26ae528.jpg

3571044803_8e0c495b98.jpg

3571857216_afaf9c54f6.jpg

3571057671_987e578ab3.jpg

3571861304_7493ed8f05.jpg

3571061281_0e8feb3b0e.jpg

NOTE: When and if these pictures go away, they can all be viewed here

Thanks but I was wondering about measurements from personal experience as opposed to these one washed pairs.

I just hot-washed my size 33's last night and got the following measurements:

Pre-wash:

Waist: 35.5

Rise: 10.5

Thigh: 12.75

Knee: 9

Hem: 9

Post-wash:

Waist: 34

Rise: 9.75

Thigh: 12.25

Knee: 8.5

Hem: 8.5

After about 10 minutes wear when damp:

Waist: 35

Thigh: 12.5

By the way, I'd highly suggest doing a hot-wash over a hot-soak. It assures that you get all the shrinking out of the way. Also, like PandaDenim said earlier, PBJ's retain their color very well. After I hung my pair to dry, I noticed that they didn't really lose much indigo at all. They still looked practically black.

Hope that helps.

I just hot-washed my size 33's last night and got the following measurements:

Pre-wash:

Waist: 35.5

Rise: 10.5

Thigh: 12.75

Knee: 9

Hem: 9

Post-wash:

Waist: 34

Thigh: 12.25

After about 10 minutes wear when damp:

Waist: 35

Thigh: 12.5

By the way, I'd highly suggest doing a hot-wash over a hot-soak. It assures that you get all the shrinking out of the way. Also, like PandaDenim said earlier, PBJ's retain their color very well. After I hung my pair to dry, I noticed that they didn't really lose much indigo at all. They still looked practically black.

Hope that helps.

Big help. How'd they measure after a hot wash, if you did one?

+rep

I called BiG to ask about the Eternal 811's and some PBJ's. To my surprise, I was told that the 811's are a tight jean (surprised because I compared the actual measurements on my Levi's 505's with the measurements posted on BiG's website, and they weren't much different).

My question is: how tight are the 811's? I'm a pretty skinny guy (5'10", 135, 20" thighs, size 30 Levi's 505's that have an actual waist of 32" and a 32" inseam), but I'm not interested in wearing either tight or baggy jeans. If I want to achieve a fit like I get with Levi's 501's or 505's what would you recommend? I've been thinking about the Eternal 811's, the PBJ XX003's (although I'd prefer a one-wash pair of jeans), PBJ XX005's, PBJ XX008's and Samurai S5000VX's. The problem with the PBJ 005's and 008's is that they seem to be low-rise, something I want to avoid (they're just not comfortable for me). I'd like to avoid any pocket detailing if possible and just let the denim speak for itself.

Do any PBJ's fit the bill (regular fit, medium front rise (10" or more), great dyeing and no back pocket detailing)?

Thanks.

If I wanted to get pbjs Which style to get if i wear Mij 19cm sz 28. What I'm actually looking at right now are 007s. What size should i get for those?

my 28s are sorta tight on the thighs. I mean i can always hem or alter them. How do we hem/ alter. Is it before soak or after soak. And are size 27/28 being conservative or do I gotta have twig legs?

Dang.. Crazy fast replies. Man.. Im soo unsure! Should i measure my thighs and someone gimme an estimate? At the biggest I have 20 inch thighs. What to do? Oh yeah, I wear 28 in slim jims and 28 in apc ns. Thanks so far guys

hmm.. Can you measure the biggest part of your thigh and your where you would measure your waist/hip? This is very helpful !

Thinking of picking up a pair of PBJ-003 one wash. Thing is I already have a pair of Oni. I heard Pure Blues are pretty slubby, second to only Oni. Wondering if they will fade the same? I just want to get a pair of jeans that will fade the same as my Oni. Thanks.

Thinking of picking up a pair of PBJ-003 one wash. Thing is I already have a pair of Oni. I heard Pure Blues are pretty slubby, second to only Oni. Wondering if they will fade the same? I just want to get a pair of jeans that will fade the same as my Oni. Thanks.

Why not just keep rockin the Oni's then, and wait for retirement and when you feel like a change is in order to purchase a new pair?

Though I can see why you chose PBJ's.