Pure Blue Japan

midnight

i just got a pair of xx-005 and BiG's measurements were spot on.

My concern is that the XX005 only shrinks about 1.5" in the waist but the XX007 and XX010 (which are essentially the same jeans) shrink about 2.5" (according to BiG, based on the raw versus one-wash models).

Seems like a pretty big difference...?

My concern is that the XX005 only shrinks about 1.5" in the waist but the XX007 and XX010 (which are essentially the same jeans) shrink about 2.5" (according to BiG, based on the raw versus one-wash models).

I assume that there are several people on this thread that have both the 005 and 007. I have both, and if I didn't know better, I'd think that the denim was different. My 007's seem slightly lighter weight and stretchier than my 005's. Perhaps it's because my 005's are older (blue tab) than my 007's (leaf) and they've maybe changed the denim over the last couple of years. Or maybe dyeing both the warp and weft does something to how the denim shrinks and feels.

Anyone else who has both think that the denim seems different? Or is it just my imagination?

Haha, that's an easy one.

It should react just like the xx-005/xx-007. It's the same denim just a different dye.

It stretches a lot in the waist and shrinks about 2 inches I believe.

So the last line is kind of misleading.

I meant to say the waist stretches a lot. (Depends on activity, mine stretched about 2 inches...)

And the inseam should shrink about 2.

They're the same cut, not denim.

all of these beatiful xx-007s are making want to buy a pair! It shall have to wait out my RJB 66BSPBKs though.... (repped)

Don't hesitate to buy a pair of dyed Warp & Weft Pure Blue Japan jeans. The denim and hue is beautiful. Although I prefer the xx-009 to the xx-007 because the 007 is too slim in the rise. Just sold both of my xx-007's.

fit pics? and what model? thanks

My PBJs are the ones that BiG carries, the slim fit one... I'm not sure of the model #, or if it even has one that's widely known :)

Fit pics eventually....