Pure Blue Japan

midnight

I have NS in 34 which fit me almost perfectly, not super skin tight after stretching a bit, 33 is probably a better size for me. I just am starting on stretching out my new Samurai S0610LX in 34, and I still can't button them up. The thighs are still pretty tight, but the rest I think looks good. Any idea of what size I should be in on the xx-005?

probably a lot slimmer, i went from 27 ns (slim fit, prob 2" of extra fabric on the thighs) to 29 xx-005 and the thighs were skin tight on the pbj's until they stretched. you should probably be looking at the xx-009 if you're used to wearing rescues

I have NS in 34 which fit me almost perfectly, not super skin tight after stretching a bit, 33 is probably a better size for me. I just am starting on stretching out my new Samurai S0610LX in 34, and I still can't button them up. The thighs are still pretty tight, but the rest I think looks good. Any idea of what size I should be in on the xx-005?

Well 36 is the largest size on BiG, which should have the same waist as your NS before they stretched, assuming they were tight in the waist at first. I would try the 36 first then exchange for a smaller size if you think you could fit your thighs into them. These don't stretch too much in the waist, about 1.5" with wear, possibly more if you stick something in the waistband and wet it.

BIG says that the PBJ's shrink 2.5 in the waist and .5 (as in a 12.5, 25 inch total) thigh will shrink to 12/24 total. Do they really shrink that much? Would all of that shrinkage occur after the first hot soak or after numerous soaks and washes? The most I've ever gotten jeans to shrink after a hot soak was .25 in the thigh, knee, and hem. I'm interested in the xx-005

005s are a good cut for people with skinny legs, so i don't know what your problem would be. but, yes complete shrinkage is probably only after numerous soaks. a hot machine wash, however, would do it fast like a band-aid. however, take them out before the spin cycle and hang dry. putting them in the dryer might make them shrink a bit more, but it would also soften the denim, which is what would make them fade less.

I've never had hair on the backs of my knees... and I'm Italian! My PBJ's definitely irritated that part, though. Thank god that's over with.

Max, you have any updates on your jeans? This thread needs more action.

I'll have something for you before the second week of January

Since I got the one wash, I didn't really get the whole rigid experience. My combs aren't coming as well as my 511s, but that's fine. I'm seeing some fading on the slubs, and just tiny signs of vertical falling. Nothing substantial enough to document though.

I believe if you soak/wash them and you drip dry, it will allow the denim to become stiff and rigid again.

BIG says that the PBJ's shrink 2.5 in the waist and .5 (as in a 12.5, 25 inch total) thigh will shrink to 12/24 total. Do they really shrink that much? Would all of that shrinkage occur after the first hot soak or after numerous soaks and washes? The most I've ever gotten jeans to shrink after a hot soak was .25 in the thigh, knee, and hem. I'm interested in the xx-005

I can say from experience that the thigh for a size 32 will be 12".