Miscellaneous Musings (Limited Edition)

badlands is a great movie

so is aliens

if you put BOTH movies together? oh fuck

lil bad boy shootin alienz would be a great movie

ferris bueller slayin alienz would be sick too

after finishing the latest southpark, i gotta concur with those who were just straight up depressed by the ending

:(

*Be back in 20 minutes to say the exact same thing about south park episode*

Edit: Reaction: :(

I watched it yesterday and felt the same way. just felt empty.

You've gotten me intrigued. Link to watch this?

Or 12 monketys

i watched this again recently and it was better than ever

i am afraid you won't get the FULL effect unless you put 15 years or so in between viewings

i saw this in the theater in philadelphia

and spray-painted 12-monkey symbols were here and there in the city

blurred the lines a bit (if you know what i mean and i think you do)

and since the film plays on memory and specifically touches upon the memory of film (that is, one's memories of films), my recent viewing of this one was very poignant

(an aside: i was once in a video rental store [remember those?] with an extra from the film; she was in a scene at the lecture in the museum; we stood there until the moment she appeared on screen)

as i was saying (i type those words as i am trying to collect my thoughts) there is something of a heraclitus (heraclitorian?) never-step-in-the-same-river-twice effect going on here

when i saw the film (12 monkeys) for the first time i had never seen la jetee, i was not as intimately familiar with the city of philadelphia (or baltimore, for that matter - another important city in the film) as i am now, i had never heard of astor piazzolla, and of course, i was not aware of the various roles bruce willis, and brad pitt, would take over the course of their careers (each role slightly changing my view of the actors)

this is a wonderful film

possibly better in memory than in viewing

thanks for watching

Kinda early for a season finale kind of concept. It was alright for me, pretty funny until the last 5 min. You're right about it mattering more for those who have actually followed the series for the last 15 seasons.