curious about haven's quality as well. i think they're heavily influenced by the japanese brands they carry, most notably neighborhood & wtaps, as seen in their styling and also the location of their manufacturing. their prices are wack however and if they ever go on sale in other retailers such as End i might try getting a few items and ill report back.

btw, which items are you interested in @noobedloser?

Edited by iamundying

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, beepy said:

@TEKsevenZERO I see you grammin. So you got the byborre bug?

@beepy - oh yes, for sure, had a couple of pairs of pants for a few months, couldn't wear properly until today as they are too warm! 

Also have a jacket, scarf and also another pair of pants (merino) on their way to me that I found for a steal in the sales! 

Love the stuff, have my eye on a parka and also the PM jacket but need to put in some overtime and hope it does not sell out in the meanwhile, how about you?

It’s so good. Started with one of those little bags because I found it for $10. Got a sweatshirt and gore cap now with shorts and f1 jacket on the way. I’m with you on the parka and PM jacket (and pants!) - hoping some pop up used.

Held off off on the merino because I like this season’s colors more. The jumpsuit looks amazing but that price...

I know you’re bigger so how’d you find the sizing? I had to go up to an xl on the sweater for sleeve length and it’s still a bit short...

I wear either an L or XL in the lighter pants, but an XL in the heavier as the waistband is more constricting and the jacket is an XL, ant smaller and as you say, the arms would be too short and the chest might be a bit snug, I've not tried XXL but think it's be too big so the sizing to me is definitely northern European sizing (that's normal to/for me!) and not asian or Italian sizes. For example I would wear 3xl in Shadow project or ((might)) get away with XXL and XL in Acronym for sure but only on their boxier fits.

Love the multi colour scarfs but they went straight away as well as the experimental scarf/neck warmer with the zipper that was lovely.

Sitting staring at the front door waiting to take delivery of the merino pants right now ! 

Jacket arrived and it’s cute! You’re right about sizing being more generous than SI. Large with them is snug on me but could  have gone down to a M with this. Oh well, it’s pink!

Aaand just got a blue and orange Paris fashion week promo scarf/neck warmer thing. Didn’t need it at all, but wrap me up in that goodness.

Your trousers come in?

2 hours ago, scamster said:

where are guys getting the byborre goodness from? want to dip a toe so looking for some on sale, best places to look?

Brokeboi so all mine is eBay/grailed.

Farfetch actually had good sales but it’s been cleared out. Extrabutter, concrete, anmns have some stuff still. Hotoveli was at 50 off but now back at retail. Browns also stocks but didn’t see any markdowns yet.

PS @TEKsevenZERO how’s the merino material? Hoping to get some this season.

Edited by beepy

@beepy the merino is supersoft and will be a great spring item, esp given the cropped nature of the particular design.

my faves though are the A03 fabric pants, so uber thick warm and damned comfy.

I’m practically living in them when back home from work.

Edited by TEKsevenZERO

Herno Laminar updated its website and store. They have some very nice smart choices in Gore-Tex/Infinium and rather interesting "Tech Flannel".

I've just ordered their 2-layer carcoat, my first Laminar piece. 

Edited by Brainboy
Link added

• 1 month later...
55 minutes ago, jeddyhsu said:

I'm interested in hearing reviews of Outlier's Slim Dungarees and Strongdarts. Also, any sizing tips? How do they compare to Acronym's P10-DS? 

I have being wearing Slim Dungarees and p10-ds quite often. Personally they both got similarities as allday pants but for sure quite obviously differences under the water too.

1. design 

Slim Dungarees was a no doubt with the jeans heritage inside of it. Five pockets, low profile active pattern and relatively affordable prices(having mine at 2017 as the corepack).

P10-DS was a biker friendly pants since its basiclly built based on the idea of that.

2.sizing

P10-DS in size m and SD in size 32, the result of that was SD doing some profile fit and p10 and more easy to embrace some stacking or roomier for way more jutsued movement.

3. quality

both items are solid to me. mine DS version was made in NY and P10-DS was made in EU. There are some small rips on the SD but i believe the workcloth is more like the CH cloth schoeller provided than the Dryskin one.

4.conclusion

these are two quite inreplaceable items.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/9/2020 at 2:46 PM, TEKsevenZERO said:

@beepy the merino is supersoft and will be a great spring item, esp given the cropped nature of the particular design.

my faves though are the A03 fabric pants, so uber thick warm and damned comfy.

I’m practically living in them when back home from work.

so my go to comfy pant is the p31a-ds that i basically wear everyday and does well both outdoors and indoors.  i've been looking at byborre for a while but haven't pulled the trigger.  for everyday comfort, would you prefer byborre's over dryskin?

I was loosely following byborre for a minute. 
most of their fabric are merino wool and cotton mix/blends, they will also incorporate goretex in their AW. I wouldn’t necessarily look at byborre in the forefront of tech fabric but more on their knitting textures and patterns.  Their 3D knits are dope.  I haven't felt compelled to buy tho, just window shop. 
I love DS for everyday wear and IMO not a lot of fabric comes close to its comfortability within the climate I’m in, california. If someone can only get rid of the pilling issues it’ll be the perfect fabric lol 

Edited by Flipflop214

58 minutes ago, segue said:

This adds 0 value 

It slaps?

(but if you want more in depth)

They’re different beasts. Byborre is like loungewear made by angels with the emphasis on materials and comfort. So imagine the p31s but soft. You don’t get the technical properties, but there’s still stretch and breathability because it’s knit. Get merino and you also get moisture wicking and anti microbial.

That said, they’re a fabric company first, so there are some minor design issues. I’ve found sizing a bit inconsistent on the tops/outerwear. Need an xl in sweaters/tees for sleeve length, but m-l in jackets. Some pieces use heavy nylon piping, which I’m not crazy about on the lightweight knits. Makes a weird strap/structure dichotomy. And this is very specific for the merino long sleeve, but i find the pattern to be not great. The panels look cool but i find the seams noticeable when worn. I’ll likely be avoiding paneled base layers if they make them again. The material on it is great though. 

3 hours ago, Flipflop214 said:

I was loosely following byborre for a minute. 
most of their fabric are merino wool and cotton mix/blends, they will also incorporate goretex in their AW. I wouldn’t necessarily look at byborre in the forefront of tech fabric but more on their knitting textures and patterns.  Their 3D knits are dope.  I haven't felt compelled to buy tho, just window shop. 
I love DS for everyday wear and IMO not a lot of fabric comes close to its comfortability within the climate I’m in, california. If someone can only get rid of the pilling issues it’ll be the perfect fabric lol 

we in the same boat. just been lurkin but haven't found it compelling enough to cop and ds has been my go to for all around use.  been hearing more recent ds doesn't pill as much?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...