2 hours ago, the-intern said:

... well someones gotta pay for this bandwidth, bwahaha:

Screenshot-1240PM.PNG.a78bbfa5144446caa759da13a0510a8e.PNG

I'll upload an image directory with all the high-res pics of the clothing items later today.

You are doing good work :)
offtopic: been using you pouches with my rig daily. Thanks once more.

5 hours ago, danii said:

people should go back to how they disliked the movie, how original is better and how major is not asian and leave the auction alone (or bid on the production cels on ebay)

Hmm, not sure I agree with you on this one. Ofc the movie was not even close to how amazing the original is. However the artists involved in the production of the movie did a fine job, be it my heroes Vitaly Bulgarov, Maciej Kuciara and Ash Thorp (all three being the greatest fans of the original) or the craftsmen at WETA workshop. I can still appreciate the individual prop pieces even if the movie as a whole wasn't great.

Edited by gantz

@danii - Why so grumpy? Love or hate the film as film all you want. It's canon now, and bears as much involvement and approval as possible from the creators. Many of my favorite artists and effects legends worked their asses off to the utmost of their ability, friends of mine disappeared for months to dedicate themselves to the production. The outfits for the majority of the film were purchased from local Vancouver fashion shops known and loved among the streetwear community, and supported a number of small businesses in this industry. There's no denying the quality of the garments being discussed here; your comment is ignorant.... even moreso considering your gift for the DIY craft. Don't be so dismissive of things unfamiliar to your point of view. lovelovelove B. I'm with @gantz on this one.

Edited by the-intern

33 minutes ago, the-intern said:

@danii - Why so grumpy? Love or hate the film as film all you want. It's canon now, and bears as much involvement and approval as possible from the creators. Many of my favorite artists and effects legends worked their asses off to the utmost of their ability, friends of mine disappeared for months to dedicate themselves to the production. The outfits for the majority of the film were purchased from local Vancouver fashion shops known and loved among the streetwear community, and supported a number of small businesses in this industry. There's no denying the quality of the garments being discussed here; your comment is ignorant.... even moreso considering your gift for the DIY craft. Don't be so dismissive of things unfamiliar to your point of view. lovelovelove B. I'm with @gantz on this one.

lol dude you're too much. I assumed danii was joking around.

4 hours ago, the-intern said:

not that serious

dani is making light of the pc crowd getting their panties in a bunch over major being caucasian. it was a big deal in some circles when the movie came out. also something something orientalism something appropriation something.

i met a guy doing research for the gits movie when on a trip in hiroshima. we went to the mazda factory together. cool dude, polish i think.

17 hours ago, Simone Oltolina said:

Urban cape on sale over at Garmentory. Link

This is a sample piece, only one in existence. Made in Nyc.

31727912_10216094823033448_3977028850105188352_o.thumb.jpg.487785505948ab5781a8ff78fceb9d03.jpg

The duality between the background scenography and the techcape is audacious. 

How Stone Island Maintains Its Edge

One of Stone Island’s earliest icons is the thermo-sensitive fabric of which the brand’s Ice jackets, one of its most covetable, are made...

To demonstrate how the fabric works, Rivetti put on an Ice jacket, for the first time made using leather, and then ran outside of the showroom. He came back two minutes later and the jacket he was wearing changed color in some places. He beamed eagerly at the fabric’s transformation, as if he just performed a magic trick.

It was the kind of enthusiasm that makes Stone Island push the envelope in product design and experimentation further and further. Fashion is often talked about as an art form, and while most of such talk is overrated, there is a certain artistry about Stone Island in the way it experiments for the sake of experimenting. At the end of the day, a jacket changing color depending on the temperature may not mean much to most consumers. But to Stone Island, that sense of achievement is real...

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-05-28 at 4:09 AM, Yan90 said:

Its pupiltravel -"brand" from Samhe (chinese fakecronym xerox guy). The last shit from him is duotone j28 in xpac. Lol

Oh I know, that's why I was asking about that item specifically. Was wondering if it's a copy of something from another brand or if it's original. 

Edited by pompadork

@pompadork  - looks like a copy of a new instagram brand I saw cross my feed recently. I cannot for the life of me seem to be able to locate it again...will update when I relocate it. But this coat you linked is mos certainly a ripoff of a very loud/fastener/pocket heavy instagram brand out of indonesia. Their jackets looked like Kitanica crossed with Acronym.

[edit]

found it.

https://www.instagram.com/holygrail_officiall/

https://www.instagram.com/yksous_indonesia/

[/edit]

Edited by the-intern

@pompadork // @leg - love these things... I've been playing around the past few weeks with more "bandolier" style carry, and I see lots of cool dna in these things worth leveling up. So far going 'full wookie' has been a hit among my friends who've been wear testing for me, but there's lots to refine to make the idea concept workable for everyday wear. Thanks for the inspo guys!!!