Jump to content

Recommended Posts

do not forget the extra 30% comission from the sales! (cali residents, rest have only 23%)

Edited by danii

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

... well someones gotta pay for this bandwidth, bwahaha:

Screenshot-1240PM.PNG.a78bbfa5144446caa759da13a0510a8e.PNG

I'll upload an image directory with all the high-res pics of the clothing items later today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, the-intern said:

... well someones gotta pay for this bandwidth, bwahaha:

Screenshot-1240PM.PNG.a78bbfa5144446caa759da13a0510a8e.PNG

I'll upload an image directory with all the high-res pics of the clothing items later today.


hahaha, love you man! :D

btw. Tested is my alltime favourite youtube channel, perfect for that nerd blood of mine

Edited by gantz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, the-intern said:

... well someones gotta pay for this bandwidth, bwahaha:

Screenshot-1240PM.PNG.a78bbfa5144446caa759da13a0510a8e.PNG

I'll upload an image directory with all the high-res pics of the clothing items later today.

You are doing good work :)
offtopic: been using you pouches with my rig daily. Thanks once more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't care for much beyond the garbage man outfit and those plastic backpacks.

 

v09pRZ2.jpg

gzOxwPb.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

people should go back to how they disliked the movie, how original is better and how major is not asian and leave the auction alone (or bid on the production cels on ebay)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, danii said:

people should go back to how they disliked the movie, how original is better and how major is not asian and leave the auction alone (or bid on the production cels on ebay)

Hmm, not sure I agree with you on this one. Ofc the movie was not even close to how amazing the original is. However the artists involved in the production of the movie did a fine job, be it my heroes Vitaly Bulgarov, Maciej Kuciara and Ash Thorp (all three being the greatest fans of the original) or the craftsmen at WETA workshop. I can still appreciate the individual prop pieces even if the movie as a whole wasn't great.

Edited by gantz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@danii - Why so grumpy? Love or hate the film as film all you want. It's canon now, and bears as much involvement and approval as possible from the creators. Many of my favorite artists and effects legends worked their asses off to the utmost of their ability, friends of mine disappeared for months to dedicate themselves to the production. The outfits for the majority of the film were purchased from local Vancouver fashion shops known and loved among the streetwear community, and supported a number of small businesses in this industry. There's no denying the quality of the garments being discussed here; your comment is ignorant.... even moreso considering your gift for the DIY craft. Don't be so dismissive of things unfamiliar to your point of view. lovelovelove B. I'm with @gantz on this one.

Edited by the-intern

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, the-intern said:

@danii - Why so grumpy? Love or hate the film as film all you want. It's canon now, and bears as much involvement and approval as possible from the creators. Many of my favorite artists and effects legends worked their asses off to the utmost of their ability, friends of mine disappeared for months to dedicate themselves to the production. The outfits for the majority of the film were purchased from local Vancouver fashion shops known and loved among the streetwear community, and supported a number of small businesses in this industry. There's no denying the quality of the garments being discussed here; your comment is ignorant.... even moreso considering your gift for the DIY craft. Don't be so dismissive of things unfamiliar to your point of view. lovelovelove B. I'm with @gantz on this one.

lol dude you're too much. I assumed danii was joking around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, the-intern said:

@danii - Why so grumpy? Love or hate the film as film all you want. It's canon now, and bears as much involvement and approval as possible from the creators. Many of my favorite artists and effects legends worked their asses off to the utmost of their ability, friends of mine disappeared for months to dedicate themselves to the production. The outfits for the majority of the film were purchased from local Vancouver fashion shops known and loved among the streetwear community, and supported a number of small businesses in this industry. There's no denying the quality of the garments being discussed here; your comment is ignorant.... even moreso considering your gift for the DIY craft. Don't be so dismissive of things unfamiliar to your point of view. lovelovelove B. I'm with @gantz on this one.

not that serious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dani is making light of the pc crowd getting their panties in a bunch over major being caucasian. it was a big deal in some circles when the movie came out. also something something orientalism something appropriation something.

i met a guy doing research for the gits movie when on a trip in hiroshima. we went to the mazda factory together. cool dude, polish i think.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Simple Tech Outfit.

5aeefd7192f09_ScreenShot2018-05-06at8_02_51PM.png.56511d9603616fe31416c8a8e9db86df.png

5aef01d89155e_ScreenShot2018-05-06at8_03_20PM.png.91c03cd93e285eef25b479f4ae4280aa.png5aeefd92e7d5e_ScreenShot2018-05-06at8_03_40PM.png.12564ce767d84f7125749f873cf404d9.png

Edited by Working Age
error uploading

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Urban cape on sale over at Garmentory. Link

This is a sample piece, only one in existence. Made in Nyc.

31727912_10216094823033448_3977028850105188352_o.thumb.jpg.487785505948ab5781a8ff78fceb9d03.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Simone Oltolina said:

Urban cape on sale over at Garmentory. Link

This is a sample piece, only one in existence. Made in Nyc.

31727912_10216094823033448_3977028850105188352_o.thumb.jpg.487785505948ab5781a8ff78fceb9d03.jpg

The duality between the background scenography and the techcape is audacious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Idoles said:

The duality between the background scenography and the techcape is audacious. 

yeah, we thought the usual Aeon Flux set-up was kind of déjà vu :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How Stone Island Maintains Its Edge

Quote

One of Stone Island’s earliest icons is the thermo-sensitive fabric of which the brand’s Ice jackets, one of its most covetable, are made...

To demonstrate how the fabric works, Rivetti put on an Ice jacket, for the first time made using leather, and then ran outside of the showroom. He came back two minutes later and the jacket he was wearing changed color in some places. He beamed eagerly at the fabric’s transformation, as if he just performed a magic trick.

It was the kind of enthusiasm that makes Stone Island push the envelope in product design and experimentation further and further. Fashion is often talked about as an art form, and while most of such talk is overrated, there is a certain artistry about Stone Island in the way it experiments for the sake of experimenting. At the end of the day, a jacket changing color depending on the temperature may not mean much to most consumers. But to Stone Island, that sense of achievement is real...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-05-28 at 4:09 AM, Yan90 said:

Its pupiltravel -"brand" from Samhe (chinese fakecronym xerox guy). The last shit from him is duotone j28 in xpac. Lol

Oh I know, that's why I was asking about that item specifically. Was wondering if it's a copy of something from another brand or if it's original. 

Edited by pompadork

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pompadork said:

Oh I know, that's why I was asking about that item specifically. Was wondering if it's a copy of something from another brand or if it's original. 

Its og. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@pompadork  - looks like a copy of a new instagram brand I saw cross my feed recently. I cannot for the life of me seem to be able to locate it again...will update when I relocate it. But this coat you linked is mos certainly a ripoff of a very loud/fastener/pocket heavy instagram brand out of indonesia. Their jackets looked like Kitanica crossed with Acronym.

[edit]

found it.

https://www.instagram.com/holygrail_officiall/

https://www.instagram.com/yksous_indonesia/

[/edit]

Edited by the-intern

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@pompadork // @leg - love these things... I've been playing around the past few weeks with more "bandolier" style carry, and I see lots of cool dna in these things worth leveling up. So far going 'full wookie' has been a hit among my friends who've been wear testing for me, but there's lots to refine to make the idea concept workable for everyday wear. Thanks for the inspo guys!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[ double post :( ]

Edited by the-intern

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maharishi has some cool stuff this season, some of which is on sale. Picked up a nifty uninsulated bomber made out of crinkly italian tech nylon and a pair of 3xdry treated pants

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Luisa via Roma (US)
    Brand - 125 x 125