Acronym.

Westbrook

White one looks great on Felix, but when i check out other pictures I was always like: mweh...

Never really liked any of the white stuff. From the green one I don't even know which season it is. Can't even find it back on Subnet!

Was reading Zero History on the bus this morning, has been laying around for ages on my desk and finally took it with me. Great stuff to read lines like: with his cashmere black beanie and collar like a vampire cape. haha, just picturing an acronym outfit in my mind.

That white softshell from 07 with the black taping that made you look like a Bauhaus stormtrooper was dope. How dirt/stain resistant is Schoeller though?

@Cloud_SB Yea, Wililam Gibson's love for ACR is so great. Saw him at a book signing and he was head to toe in the stuff, with a maxed out 3A-1. Talked with him about it a bit.

I'm pretty in to S12, I think where S11 had a very tight concept and purpose seeing the line return to individual styles was quite welcome,from a retail perspective I think the line worked much better giving some strong options, from a personal I picked up another 2 pieces for the archive one womens one mens,

Order is out and confirmed, weather is nice and just got word from acr. that my spare-parts are going on the road to me tomorrow.

Great day.

Think i'm going to rock my S-J4TS tomorrow, have not worn that one for a while now and since they forecast is dry weather no need for Gore.

Hey Cloud, how's the S-J4TS? Could you give us a little review? How well does it hide the stuff you carry in the inner pockets, etc? I've always liked the stealth/suspensor idea where the jacket can serve as the load carrying tool. Is the S-J4TS the first ACR jacket that explores this bag/jacket concept?

I think it is indeed the first true acr. bag/jacket concept jacket but I don't think you can compare the j4ts with the holster designs from later seasons (I have a FW0809 j4ts). The holster truly acts as one and will only give you space for 2 small phone sized pockets (gun style) and one big 13" ish pocket. The j4ts on the other hand has the whole body to work with and you can attach any 3rd'arm product on/in it making it much much more versatile.

It does a good job not showing what's on the inside but in order to do that they had to give in a little on the fit. It is cut slightly large (like with the gravity pockets you just need the room) but luckily just enough for that extra space and not making it too bulky and baggy (like some stuff way back in 0607 and earlier).

I must admit, I still dump all my stuff in the 3a-1 I carry with me on daily basis but that's mainly because I wear my iPhone in my pocket at all times and my card case in the other. The only thing hanging in my j4ts regularly is the WK1 keychain. That's all the stuff I take with me every day.

ps: Looked at FW0809 again for a second and damn! In my opinion that's still the best season they ever did!

(still need the GT-J15 and S-J1A, got everything else although I regret lending out my HCW-C1 to some idiot who washed it at 40 degrees....)

Thanks for the detailed S-J4 impressions Cloud. I'd love to try one out someday.

Looking through the archives, ACR's always been ahead of its time; FW08009's Siamese Engineering is especially ingenious. But now, with all the Shadow Project experience under their belt, i think they're pretty much untouchable!

Correction: FW0809

Just let me know when you are in NL ;)

Don't forget the experience with Tilak which is still ongoing and Errolson's older experience with Burton.

Especially regarding fits they are getting better every season! The new SS12 has been hard work as all the patterns are build up new from the ground. So a very very big up! to Johanna (and others) for pulling off all that work!

There are still a few minor points for improvement but they are definitely on par now! (and someone like Charlie Hunter is hard to match anyway)

Strongly depends on model+season+arm length.

They are spot on for me and I would more appreciate an extra cm in length on the front of many jackets (although that also has changed over the years, my gt-j16 could easily use 2cm extra but my gt-j20 is perfect!).

Must say my Veilance field jacket also has a bit more length in the sleeves then what would be ideal.

But that's just the difficulty in making good fit blocks, every person is different and then there is also the difference in standard USA,EU and JP sizes. I think ACR. does a pretty good job in balancing between all those requirements with hanging on to pretty standard EU sizing with sometimes some more JP sizing on specific things.

Yeah Veilance is definately long in the sleeves, I agree on the length issue too however, that has improved over the seasons but the only issue I had which is isolated to me I guess is the sleeves which 'bunch' up. Its not something I can address with a tailor since its gore-tex materail they be working with.

They should just make XS for you phelen ;)

About the Veilance cuff adjusters....bit dissapointed. They work OK but the limitation is that you can't pull it more tight if you want. For me they are just about the right tightness but I certainly wouldn't mind a tad more!

Best cuff adjusters I have are on my Acronym GT-J20 jacket, can pull it as tight as you want and you don't have to deal with bulking up fabric like on the J4TS and GT-J16.

They should just make XS for you phelen ;)

About the Veilance cuff adjusters....bit dissapointed. They work OK but the limitation is that you can't pull it more tight if you want. For me they are just about the right tightness but I certainly wouldn't mind a tad more!

Best cuff adjusters I have are on my Acronym GT-J20 jacket, can pull it as tight as you want and you don't have to deal with bulking up fabric like on the J4TS and GT-J16.

XS be a godsend but never happen, anyway I agree with your view on the Veilance and GT-20 adjusters.

just get longer arms and you won't have these problems.

I'm working on it.

Anyway I don't want to pollute the thread with anymore of this, can I ask whats the general opinion on FW2011. Better or more of the same, all new jackets or renewals of previous designs?.

Thanks

XS be a godsend but never happen, anyway I agree with your view on the Veilance and GT-20 adjusters.

I'm working on it.

Anyway I don't want to pollute the thread with anymore of this, can I ask whats the general opinion on FW2011. Better or more of the same, all new jackets or renewals of previous designs?.

Thanks

Reissueing of yet seen models.

I only ordered cashmere.

schoeller & epic pants ordered for SS12. YES!

New SoftShell piece though.

But yeah, I only ordered Brugnoli.

The rest I already have or do not need. (already got the cashmere).

If you are a long time follower and/or buyer then FW11/12 is a good point to buy some small things you still want and one new piece that every self respecting ninja should have in his closet.

/Still think you can pull it off Appleseed!

^Its OK it just bunches up if you understand what I mean, its something I prefer over Veilance's own cuff adjusters though as a matter of preference.

Most ACR jackets with adjustable cuffs look nice with some bunching around the arms, always better too long than too short in my opinion (what she said).

In the early years Errolson used to wear one size up from his usual M, and it's a good look too. Also interesting to note is how his shoes, accessories etc. from that era look dated now, but most of the ACR gear he's wearing still looks current; maybe timeless even. Kinda reminds me of the Dieter Rams Braun designs; objects that are designed to function well without superfluous details almost never go out of fashion.

Cloud, my girlfriend and I hope to pull off that ninja look! :)