Acronym.

Westbrook

2 hours ago, Sureal said:

A late observation, but the jacket Lenny is holding up in the J1WB shot is tagged S, but the description says shown in size M. Theres no way the description is wrong, yea? heh

Lmao nah copy always has at least one error (SP38-M’s desc. lists it as SP38-E)

Mine is coming in soon but honestly already having second thoughts lol. What‘s the point of all the exposed/extra velcro? Definitely unnecessary on the flak pocket, collar, and sleeves.

Edited by jeddyhsu

Already had a friend try one on. Said fit was similiar to S version, and collar was floppy. 

10 minutes ago, jeddyhsu said:

Mine is coming in soon but honestly already having second thoughts lol. What‘s the point of all the exposed/extra velcro? Definitely unnecessary on the flak pocket, collar, and sleeves.

It’s to attach the spikes to that you’ll inevitably forget about when you take it off. Gonna be very surprised if peoples don’t fuck up their gear with those things lol

originally wasn't going to cop anything this season but went for the j36 in black and p17 last minute. will say I'm pleased with both. the p17s are extremely light and comfortable, for some reason (not sure why) I was expecting it to be the same weight as my p31s but they're lighter due to not having cargo pockets. Will likely be wearing the living shit out of these. j36 is just what i expected. yeah the velcro on the pocket seems excessive but i find that it gives it more shape making it easy to utilize the pocket had there been no velcro to support the extremely thin windstopper.

I refuse to add spikes on either of these and find the added weight is unnecessary. I will likely get a lot of use from both pieces which is what i wanted since my gt shells sit in my closet year round 99% of the time perpetually.

Edited by segue
spelling

2 hours ago, eidolarr said:

Skirt is amazing, but um, wtf is with the buckles? They are sooo hard to tighten! Why did they change them when the old ones were perfect 😡 am I missing something??

Was considering the p17's, but disappointed to hear the newer buckle system is a step back. Is it possible that woven straps are stiff when new and system might get better with wear?

3 hours ago, rmc said:

Was considering the p17's, but disappointed to hear the newer buckle system is a step back. Is it possible that woven straps are stiff when new and system might get better with wear?

The p31s have the old buckles so I can compare with the current p17s but the buckles on the p17s are fine. I’m not running into any issues 

J1WB-E arrived this evening. With hefty taxes, this is one big investment. I ignored the tube of spikes - not my thing - and went on to try just the jacket. This is my second E jacket after J33-E which I like very much, and i immediately felt the weight of the four front zips. It might be because the E material is so much lighter than GT (from when I used to have a J1A-GT) that it became very apparent. E always feel sort of slightly luxurious when new, and slowly grow understated over time. I’m not a big fan of the extra velcro tabs on the shoulder and sleeves, feels kind of cheap tbh. Aside from that this jacket is awesome.

Was really hoping to grab a J1 in the new Encapsulated Nylon but missed it as surprisingly only 1 retailer took it here in the UK and sold out immediately and I didn’t fancy a heft import tax bill either, looks great in the product shots imo.

Edited by worksinprogress

IMG_8119.thumb.jpeg.22f0a520527c1c243382f2aef9caea00.jpeg

P17 difference .. both in Sz S. 

as you can see, the new iteration in ds is cut shorter than the old iteration in stotz.  

and the waist cinch does have an issue with cinching.. pulling on the strap to cinch is much harder compared to my other pants that has the same system. Maybe it just needs to be broken in. 

anywhoo.. thought I’d share. 

Hi. New here and got a sizing question:

I know that you go for the length when sizing Acronym QLQR pants. 
But does that apply to pants like the P44-DS, too?

For context:

I‘m 172 cm with 98 cm waist. My SP29-M in L (wich should be a 96 cm waist) fits comfy and I maybe could have gone size M. 

So do pants with drawcord adjust also fit wider than the waist size states? Or is the listed size the max waist size?

J36 came in. Where tf is the gravity pocket? Don't tell me they're counting the flak pocket as the gravity pocket... since on MS and the spec sheet "gravity pocket" is singular 😩

Also, can anyone confirm if the right arm and flak pocket material is FO WS? 

Edited by jeddyhsu

1 hour ago, jeddyhsu said:

PX

4 hours ago, neoS3lf said:

So do pants with drawcord adjust also fit wider than the waist size states? Or is the listed size the max waist size?

Max waist. You might be wearing them in a slimmer spot than you measured, or measured loosely, or the fabric has some give, or when folded you lose a cm due to thickness (ime the users who say the measurements are wrong almost always measure wrong).

Easiest way to know is to measure your SP29 and compare.

As for P44, I would always size for length. if it doesn't fit, most acronym pants have adjustable waists and worst case, you wear a belt.

On 3/1/2024 at 6:51 AM, karakum said:

I'd appreciate a short review of the J36-WS as soon as anyone gets their hands on it :)

I tried it on at Antithesis the other day.
Wearing my J58-WS underneath here and very confortable even with my liner on. Still not a fun of the look of black portions fabric but I kinda changed my mind on this jacket. Fabric felt extremely thin and soft, very nice at touch. I do really like the collar, quite rigid in a positive way and it stays in place. First time trying Fidlock system and I like it, chest pocket locks in place immediately by its own when you put the jacket on. 

image.thumb.jpeg.c97dd15107fcc1a268105e2ba806b5f8.jpeg

On 3/3/2024 at 10:52 PM, eidolarr said:

wtf is with the buckles? They are sooo hard to tighten!

Noticed the same on SP57-DS, had to pull really hard to tight them on

On 3/5/2024 at 1:23 AM, Flipflop214 said:

IMG_8119.thumb.jpeg.22f0a520527c1c243382f2aef9caea00.jpeg

P17 difference .. both in Sz S. 

as you can see, the new iteration in ds is cut shorter than the old iteration in stotz.  

and the waist cinch does have an issue with cinching.. pulling on the strap to cinch is much harder compared to my other pants that has the same system. Maybe it just needs to be broken in. 

anywhoo.. thought I’d share. 

I got them today and I don't really know if they are my cup of tea.

I couldn't find any issue with the belt system, but I found them really too short. I have 2 pair of cropped Rick Owens, that I wear all the time in the summer, and these guys are cut about 10 cm less...

I don't think going 3 sizes up will work. Need a couple of days to think about them.

On 3/5/2024 at 6:52 PM, jeddyhsu said:

J36 came in. Where tf is the gravity pocket? Don't tell me they're counting the flak pocket as the gravity pocket... since on MS and the spec sheet "gravity pocket" is singular 😩

No grav pockets for ws likely due to how light the fabric is.
for the arm, The fabric is doubled. Outside later px then ws layered underneath. 

p17 def got smaller (by 5 cm on the inseam) from its ss14 stotz sibling 

anyone here pick up j104-gtpl and wanna share their thoughts with the class? :3

picked up the J1WB-E and P47A-DS and figured i'd share my thoughts thus far

J1WB-E definitely lives up to the hype. the W is no joke, it is very spacious--can easily accommodate any liner you'd want to use with it. i've been wearing it with my cp company flatt nylon primaloft jacket as a liner and it works perfectly for my needs. the epic nylon used is true black as it appears in the product shots, not bluish black like the material used for the J33-E, which i really like. the canted hem is a great touch, it's not only functional but also aesthetically pleasing. with the spike tape attached, the jacket is very heavy. i imagine it could become cumbersome when using the sling for extended periods of time. the grav pockets are also pretty much useless due to the baggy/widened sleeves plus the non-stretch nature of epic nylon makes it difficult to load them up. not a huge issue for me as i never use grav pockets anyway. i went with my usual size of M and it definitely feels appropriately oversized. i think i could have sized down, but don't regret going TTS. definitely happy with this one and glad i jumped on it. look forward to more -E shells in the future.

P47A-DS are probably my favorite Acronym pants that i've owned right out of the bag (over models like P38-E, P30A-E, P24A-S, P10A-S, P41-DS, P23Q-DS, P15-DS). the overall cut is super flattering for my short legs (i'm 5'10 with a ~100cm outseam), and they are effortless to style whether dressing them up or down. love the stealth cargo pockets that provide function while keeping the pants looking super clean. the double snap closure is a great alternative to your standard button closure. took me some time to come around on the aggressive crotch zip but i think it works better on these pants than on other more tech-y silhouettes like P38 and definitely looks better than the weird 2-way aquaguard zip on the P47-DS. i do think these would look even better with a normal fly but its not a big deal for me. range of motion is completely unrestricted despite the pants having way less paneling/visible articulation compared to most other Acronym trousers. went with size S which is my normal size and they fit like they were tailored for me. i had originally bought the new P10-DS and ended up returning them to pick these up instead, definitely happy with that decision. dont sleep on these.

Edited by ice cold andy

On 3/7/2024 at 10:41 AM, ice cold andy said:

took me some time to come around on the aggressive crotch zip but i think it works better on these pants than on other more tech-y silhouettes like P38 and definitely looks better than the weird 2-way aquaguard zip on the P47-DS. i do think these would look even better with a normal fly but its not a big deal for me.

I'm glad you commented on this. I don't know if I can ever get comfortable with the open fly. I've been wearing P10-DS for over 8+ years several times a week as my favorite, but maybe the P47A-DS are worth a shot. I do have some thicker thighs though so I appreciate the extra room in the top block on the P10-DS

Dont put anything important in the front pockets of your j1wb-e. Shit falls out as soon as you bend over. Dropped my phone about 10 times now just from getting in my car with the jacket on

2 hours ago, Ayayron said:

Dont put anything important in the front pockets of your j1wb-e. Shit falls out as soon as you bend over. Dropped my phone about 10 times now just from getting in my car with the jacket on

Form over function? Tension zip closed.

Looked at this jacket daily, fomo big time but just seen the price for my size on browns fashion £2275 gbp / euro 2670 / $3000 😧 no idea how. Was £1680 gbp elsewhere here, madness.

Edited by worksinprogress

5 hours ago, bboysparrow said:

I'm glad you commented on this. I don't know if I can ever get comfortable with the open fly. I've been wearing P10-DS for over 8+ years several times a week as my favorite, but maybe the P47A-DS are worth a shot. I do have some thicker thighs though so I appreciate the extra room in the top block on the P10-DS

fwiw, i would say the P47As fit a touch looser in the thighs compared to P10-DS. the fly is also pretty understated if you have your shirt untucked (excuse the low effort pic):

IMG_1533.thumb.jpeg.57898fe85a8679b0114ca883bce0e177.jpeg

They are comparable to P14 with the higher rise and overall fit and P9 with the pockets. The cargo pockets are helpful for small/flat items, but you trade capacity and comfort while loaded for a cleaner silhouette. They are nice to have as back-up storage though.