Competition: Heavyweight Denim Championship Of The World 2011/12

Megatron1505

deleted? I forgot your sn but dude, hopefully you didn't delete the post because of the simple comment by sng.

Yes, your denim looked big presoak... but that happens. It will shrink and besides, there isn't anything wrong with a fuller cut. I encourage you to repost... we, for the most part, don't bite!

edit: some dude posted presoak pics of his jeans. Deleted now apparently.

Don't worry about pre-soak, mine were huge, I had to give them a hot soak, then a hot wash (just did today), and they were still a little too big so I threw them in the dryer. Now they fit perfect. Maybe ill post some newer fit pics later, also isaacm how did you size on them?

The fuck? Are two entries per contestant the newest SuFu trend?

These contests have become a bit of joke now with so many contestants cross-competing in multiple contests or double dipping in one. I thought the purpose of a contest was to focus on ONE pair of jeans to see how they fade over a period of time...

They're both 30's- pretty much TTS. I had SR's in 31's already- they're about one size big. I thought that the Strike Golds should come out close to an SR in 30 if they shrink as much as I think they will.

I agree somewhat with PP's comments above, especially if it were a 1 year contest. That this is a 2 year competition makes wearing 1 pair tricky though - the way some people rock their denim there wouldn't be anything left after 2 years. And so I think it okay that some are opting to compete with 2 pairs, since they would have to pace themselves by rotating jeans anyways.

I don't see how it would really disadvantage those who are competing with 1 pair either.

guys - whoever is in the banner already will stay in it as is - and I will update until February first. So - if u don´t have ur jeans - post a pic of ur head or torso or whatever and mark "banner pic" - only way ur gonna be in it.

I seriously hope my contest tee will arrive by 1feb.

well, I think there might be the danger of many drop-outs with this huge amount of competitors - wether they're new or not. Let's just hope, that the new guys don't disappear too soon. After all, the members who paid the entry fee were mostly the old folks...

And on the 2 year-thingy: It gives people like me, who can't wear jeans to work, the chance, to document the evolution nevertheless. If somebody works in mines for a living, he can wear two pairs or stop wearing his pair before they fall to shreds and still post nice jeans after two years.

It is what it is, to be honest I expect the initial enthusiasm of some competitors to pass and there will more than likely be a fair amount of drop outs. At the end we will be left with a number of competitors who genuinely have an interest in wearing their heavy denim for 2 years and comparing their wear to others....that's what it's all about.

I would just like to say thanks to megatron for setting up with amazing contest and for allowing me to join in on the fun. I'm one of the new guys to sufu and new to heavy denim but expect to see a lot more of #61! I'm definatly in it for the long haul!! Can't wait for feb. 1st!! To begin the 2 year stretch!

Start now man, you don't have to wait for the 1st. Get off the Internet and put your jeans on....and post some pics :D

Thanks for the thanks too.

^the combs are really vibrant but there is definitely no fading whatsoever.

I will take more pics when there is sun but so far PBJ lives up to its name as a tough to fade brand.

Start now man, you don't have to wait for the 1st. Get off the Internet and put your jeans on....and post some pics :D

Thanks for the thanks too.

Feb. 1st is actually when selfedge will fianlly get the 666's in, I'm just waiting as patiently as I can :( but yeah np u deserve it! As I'm sure with 60+ people in a contest it must be more work than expected plus u did a great job setting things up! (prizes, judges, ect.) This should be a contest to be remembered!

^the combs are really vibrant but there is definitely no fading whatsoever.

I will take more pics when there is sun but so far PBJ lives up to its name as a tough to fade brand.

the model being natural indigo doesn't help either ;)

I'm trying to convince MaxPower to buy a pair of these too :rolleyes:

How does two years sound? I am sure by then I can bring some decent amount of personal fading to them and you can see for yourself if it is what you imagined them to be.