Competition: Heavyweight Denim Championship Of The World 2011/12

Megatron1505

Kiya, the start date has always been February 1st for the last entrants, jeans must be ordered by this date to enter, and worn from 1st December 2010 at the earliest.

As for the offer of prizes, wow man, just wow. I would be stoked about that, great generosity, however I hope you understand if we give people some time to air their thoughts on it. I think some people might have concerns about sponsorship, but I sincerely hope not as I think this generous offer could "up the game" to the next level.

Thougts please contestants...

I like the ´prizes (who doesn't)? A big thank you to all supporters so far.

We'll trust everyone to judge fair and this should do it. The only thing, when it comes to such awards: we should clearly define and write down how the judging will take place, for example if each judge names the three top pairs or makes a ranking from 1-3 (or 1-30) giving that much points.

Fuck. In 2 years I still can't drink. Any other options for those that can't?

And wow. That's a nice prize! I never even knew there would be prizes, that is a great and generous offer, and I thank you for giving us all such generosity!

Kiya: Wow! That´s an awesome thing to do! And I think it adds flavor to the competition as well.

Having a prize except for e-glory takes this championship to the next level and will certainly draw attention to it.

May I suggest a judging system? Each judge can pick out their ten favorite pairs and then the other judges will give points from 1 to 100 to each of those ten. The 3 pairs with the highest points wins.

We'll sort a judging system later, for now we just need to know if everyone is cool with Kiyas offer, and if there are any concerns how best to address and hopefully remedy them. But, yes if there are to be actual prizes then we will need a transparent judging system.

Well, as much as I enjoy winning prizes. I for one find that a t-shirt and/or a keychain is enough of a prize. I thought this was supposed to be laid back in the first place? I don't mind winning titles though.

I think we shouldn't talk about a "judging system" at this point cuz i think two years are time enough to sort out the right system for this kinda contest...and let's save some subjects for debate when there isn't much going on in here (if this will ever be the case some day!) :)

first thing we should do is to talk about the shirts (when jimmy or anyone else comes up with an proposal!) and the prices...

It was originally meant to be a laid back, just for fun contest, which was (and is) fine with me. However, I'm not going to moan about the direction it has taken either, as most people seem to be pretty excited about it.

For my 2 pence (cents) worth of opinion, I think we should go with the flow of how the contest has evolved, if you're just in it for fun (like me) then just be in it for fun.... But you might also have a chance of winning a title, with a really cool belt, or some other great prizes. That's how it sits with me.

True that. I don't account on winning and don't think I will. Like I wrote earlier, it's about the fun and if you get a nice tee as souvenir and to show-off: even better. Wether there are prizes or not, is not important for me. But who would refuse getting one? I certainly won't.

I think it is nice that he offered one, and it isn't a bad prize, but I doubt I will win it. The reason I joined the contest was cause it was laid back, I like how there is all this new stuff coming up, but I just want to really beat the shit out of 2 pairs of jeans and be dedicated to them and none others... well, 1 lightweight pair just for when its 105 in NY again. But the real prize I would assume is the satisfaction knowing that you have a terrific pair of faded jeans, and that you just completed a 2 year contest!! Thats 730 days (If my math is correct).

#25 checking in

Pre soak pic for my IH666S.

This was done in a rush, so please forgive my uneven cuffs.

They are still wet so post soak pics later today hopefully!

DSC01355.jpg

I'm leaving them cuffed, oldskool style. I'm giving them a couple of weeks breaking in period for the remaining hipflare to go, or I'll just hot wash them.

edit : to be fair I dont actually mind a bit of excess material in that region, my favourite cut has always been the 501 55's with the anti fit seat, but it could do with settling down a bit more.