ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

Awesome show! Great seeing everyone!

roycrew1.png

Great photo!! You guys look like the coolest gang in town for sure.

roy6....thanks for the kind words...I am petitioning Roy to make this cut part of his regular line-up. These are probably my favourite pair of jeans in terms of the cut and I'm going to need another pair after the contest is over.

I'm feeling guilty 'cos I've been up to my eyeballs in the last couple of weeks and I'm falling behind. Photo-post soon.

Too many reps owing around here....

My ROYS have some new friends:

5445441709_210175e2d0_z.jpg

Hard to capture but creases are coming out now:

5446040952_fee7db140b_z.jpg

what a bombass combo!

russel moccs right?

can't believe that none of you guys haven't said sth.bout these yet...those are sweeeeeeeet...and I really do love the way you cuff those fuckers!

well, let's not start sucking each other's dicks quite yet

Pomata just doesn't want to go first. He's one of those "I'll get you back later, bye" kind of guys, I'll bet.

I'm looking up n00bla82 to see if he want's my pair, and Dr_Heech is going to swap with either Electrum or DougC, depending on who gets back to him first. Then there will probably be a bit less toe-under-stall-tapping, so pomata can feel more relaxed.

Hi ALL from Oz -

first chance I've had to read/look at this thread in two weeks and WOW!

Looking good people, too much to catch up on and too much to take in.

Feeling really left behind as my Roys are still in London.

@Paul

Great G-1 jacket BTW (I take it all back :D )

Take care and keep up the good work.

heres some catching up.

1st day in jeans - my friends brought this weird thing to brunch - very creepy

TP4FiMAKO44

the first week of wear on my roys was put in at a sound stage doing some photo-assisting working on photos of the Watson computer model. You may see it tonight on jeopardy.

5446579384_0cb9f9a1a8_z.jpg

this is the empty sound stage before the arrival of the model. it was huge.

5446579878_3d1c105d9c_z.jpg

here we have the model complete with glass for logo placement and lighting setup. the photo was made by the photographer - Bill Diers - hes pretty much the king of lighting black computers. never seen anyone work like him.

5445977411_1be4a123f4_z.jpg

I picked this up a couple weeks ago - its just as good as I remember it.

5445978101_2765c0d049_z.jpg

some friends of mine had to stop by the local headshop. I thought morse and lando might get a kick out of this. I've heard stories of the gasmask...all of them wind up a little frightening.

K9ucm9xExQI

last weekend I went to visit an old friend in winston-salem. He's a big fan of home recording stuff, been doing it since we were in highschool - hes got a brand new protools setup in his basement and invited me for some fun and collaboration. So we wrote a song together and recorded that. It was a lot of fun. this is a sample of him recording the piano track - I'll post the song when its finished.

5445976923_c1b1fb85dd_z.jpg

and today - I ate this. It was insane and called a Reuben.

Tonight my ROYxCones stocked up on dried foods and water, and put together a go-bag. For the next week or so, the pocket of my ROYxCones will always contain my passport and a lot of cash in four currencies.

Friday marks Yoweri Museveni's attempt to extend his "presidency " for another five years, making 30 years total.

Here's to seeing if the anti-dictator fervor spreads south of the Sahara...

IMG_0100.jpg

(N.B.: I actually have a handful of pics from the weekend I plan on posting, just need to get 'em from Homegirl)

Where did everybody get these high quality polaroid pics? Do they make digital polaroids now?

It's Hipstamatic for the iPhone.

Thanks, pomata. They are actually burnished coffee. I think I have a proper photo...

trickers2.jpg