ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

I swear the denim on my RxC is slowly evolving into melton wool :P

p2080004.jpg

Btw, I remember Paul T talking about the staple length of Pima a while back, here are a couple of pics I dug up from a cotton analysis report.

First graph is for staple length:

figure51.jpg

Second graph for strength of the cotton:

figure52.jpg

* ELS is short for extra-long staple, which Pima/Egyptian/Sea Island/etc are classified as.

I got a whole crop of random New Orleans pic from my phone for all of you..

Here's just a random cool building by my school:

FxCam_1294179840090.jpg

FxCam_1294192573752.jpg

Tulane's Library:

FxCam_1295575701819.jpg

My school (Xavier) with a view of downtown:

FxCam_1294345525211.jpg

This was a sunrise during one of my many all-night study sessions:

FxCam_1296132113797.jpg

FxCam_1296160540279.jpg

Studying that Japanese:

FxCam_1296238336882.jpg

Random pic from a blurry night on bourbon st.:

FxCam_1296278360881.jpg

From the huster store:

FxCam_1296280401654.jpg

My dorm is right next to Fox News channel 8:

FxCam_1296594664847.jpg

FxCam_1296594696312.jpg

Did a wash on the jeans/dkatz bandana:

FxCam_1296623610341.jpg

A club called Rocco's:

FxCam_1296375192227.jpg

FxCam_1296623966983.jpg

Another view of downtown:

FxCam_1296683622611.jpg

FxCam_1296683811746.jpg

FxCam_1296686317169.jpg

FxCam_1296686422639.jpg

Another pic of my school, which is actually, yes, a historically black colleges(one of the best in the nation):

FxCam_1296686489240.jpg

i loved the city, great pics medine. loved the food the smell of the air the river man, there is this nice coffee house on decatur i think it was called kaldis, big place, and smoking was allowed back then.

EESH. Something tells me you're not the first one to hold that object and say that line (maybe B.I.G. on his way to visit Tupac?)

A side note to earlier photo, I was shooting targets in the backyard, I am not bringing any weapons ect to LA, incase someone got the wrong idea. Dkatz the way you quoted it makes it seem like something else, I don't need anyone knocking at my door!!

All this talk of coffee... decided to introduce you to where the hippest of hip get coffee in Lexington.

THE COFFEE COTTAGE!

DSCN8280.jpg

DSCN8283.jpg Like i was saying, only the hippest of hip get their coffee here.

DSCN8284.jpg

DSCN8288.jpg good thing it's drive-thru!

DSCN8289.jpg an almost daily stop

DSCN8291.jpg I was pretty stoked when I saw this vest, but it's a large and it was stained.

DSCN8295.jpg thought they were adidas, but no markings, no size, anything... Couldn't tell if they were track shoes or what.

DSCN8298.jpg

DSCN8293.jpg

drove around a little more

DSCN8279.jpg

DSCN8305.jpg

DSCN8308.jpglittle pink houses...

DSCN8307.jpgLEX is hard! check out the planned grafiti :confused:

DSCN8301.jpg not really sure where the rest of these signs went, but this one is pretty cool and seems to be the only one anywhere in town.

Came home to hang out with my cat

DSCN8274.jpg

Could everyone take a look at this and PM me if your locale is incorrect (or misspelled or imprecise):

1- dr. house Germany

2- Dr_Heech The Cotswolds, UK

3-Entertainment New Jersey, USA

4-Joseph Hill Seattle, Washington, USA

5-Zissou Logan, Utah, USA

6-eltopo Ohio, USA

7-Fardin Vienna, Austria

8-Riff Toronto, ON, Canada

9-Sansome1877 Bakersfield, Ca, USA

10-Rnrswitch Camarillo, Ca, USA

11-almostnice Hamburg, Germany

12-PaulT London, UK

13-Roy6 San Francisco, Ca, USA

14-shortylong Elkins, West Virginia, USA

15-Dkatz Kampala, Uganda

16-Erk Greeneville, NC, USA

17-Cash Sugar House, Utah, USA

18-Ranonranonarat Singapore

19-Pomata, Verona, Italy

20-DocBlue Paris, France

21-Fre$co Hertfordshire, UK

22-TG76 New Zealand

23-TheClerk Brighton, UK

24-Medine Chicago, Illinois, USA

25-aho Chicago, IL, USA

26-robbie Lexington, Nebraska, USA

27-ThisSunday Queens, NYC, USA

28-Mikechh Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

29-Farhad- Los Angeles, Cal, USA

30-Lostinthesupermarket Dublin, Ireland

I was in rising sun and the dude mentioned how he loved the new conexroy jeans with no prompting by me. I didn't have them on at the time cuz I was taking advantage of getting some free vintage suspenders as described on their blog. I did have them in my suitcase so I ran out and grabbed em to show the dude. He was blown away. I guess roy stops in whenever he is down in LA.

Next contest. Royxrising sun???? I wish.

I feel like a real slacker, I have been enjoying all of these great posts by everyone here!! Maybe the inspiration show will produce a few good fit pics, Watching the kids and cleaning the yard, hasn't inspired me to take any photos? Roy6, I drove through Bakersfield once? I will PM you with the corrections. Now for some knee fades.5429699277_3185cec616_z.jpg

I was in rising sun and the dude mentioned how he loved the new conexroy jeans with no prompting by me. I didn't have them on at the time cuz I was taking advantage of getting some free vintage suspenders as described on their blog. I did have them in my suitcase so I ran out and grabbed em to show the dude. He was blown away. I guess roy stops in whenever he is down in LA.

Next contest. Royxrising sun???? I wish.

if there is a next one, I would sure like in... I've enjoyed watching this one so far...

@mickcch ha! I was about to post if anyone else was finding that the denim was getting hairier and hairier.....I thought I might be hallucinating. I've never encountered that phenomenon before.

I just compared the denim on the exposed areas (thigh, leg, etc) to the denim inside the double-cuff - definitely the portions which are exposed to friction are much hairier now!

hello pals and congrats to all of you who are feeding the thread much better than i do.

next pics will be from ski vacations with kids :) i am so glad. first time for them.

here are with 2 days in advance the monthly pics of jeans ....

2 quick soaks on day 1 and that is all for the moment. As others i have some hairy jeans but nothing different from other brands imo...... blue fades are coming along pretty nicely. i got to do some minor repair at the crotch as i have been a bit brutal with those already

5431154920_719185a061_z.jpg

5430546727_7ed2cc2d01_z.jpg

5431154146_a6d24ed19f_z.jpg

5431153786_57ccd0cf2e_z.jpg

light conditions are different. true color is on macro :

5430547613_a8b7938c85_z.jpg

5431155698_539d3a4bf0_z.jpg

wow doc, you're getting a lot of fade in the ass. those are some pretty defined and quantitative(many??dont know the word to use gah.) combs. are those really tight on you? judging from the crocking they look like they are, but from the fit pics they dont look as tight. i enjoyed the updates from everyone thus far. really good stuff, this thread is starting to come alive again!

p.s. ROY6 whats with the list? you sending me a postcard as well?

wow doc, you're getting a lot of fade in the ass. those are some pretty defined and quantitative(many??dont know the word to use gah.) combs. are those really tight on you? judging from the crocking they look like they are, but from the fit pics they dont look as tight. i enjoyed the updates from everyone thus far. really good stuff, this thread is starting to come alive again!

p.s. ROY6 whats with the list? you sending me a postcard as well?

ass fade : ride a bike.

combs: not my favorite pattern and tight related i think.