ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

That's a beautiful shirt. I remember seeing a picture of Roy with this shirt.

rtzrrp.jpg

Sent him an email requesting him to make me one last Fall, but couldn't convince him hahah. Really jealous though, Roy. Definitely need to pick one of those up.

Edit: If there's a Roy shirt contest, sign me up right now. :P Just to be safe.

robbie that was a great update, i dont think i have ever seen anything quite like it. lots and lots of interesting finds, probably could spend the whole day there and any other thing that you pick up would be something quirky.

mark, great shirt by roy. you are one heck of a lucky guy. would definitely love to pick up one of those shirts if he ever was selling but i would like to think he has a few other designs up his sleeve (no pun intended). cant wait to see what he has in store.

cant rep either of you.

Interestingly enough, the Missus and I were clearing out her loft the other weekend and found this exact same lego set (complete) amonst other things. It will all go to the nippers birthday next week.

We also found a massive collection of 'Hotwheels' cars, still in their blister packs from 1967-69!

What an awesome gift for your kid!

And i'm sure you're aware but a massive collection of hot wheels in their blister packs from that era would serve as a sizable down payment on just about anything... ( I.e. your nippers college tuition).

Robbie- I'm pretty certain that's chambray. If I'm not mistaken, oxford cloth typically as two warp and two weft threads twisted together prior to weaving, giving it a heavier weight. I'm really jealous of your finds! The antique shops around here are mostly full of utter shit.

Actually I think the fabric is neither.

It has a twill weave. The reason for the diagonal weave. Chambray is a 1x1 plain weave fabric. It almost looks like a 2x1 denim, but it is not indigo dyed so it may just be a cotton twill of some sorts.

You're right, RNR. I didn't notice the 2x1.

That's a beautiful shirt, Roy6. I can't wait to see what it looks like after the summer.

Love that bag, PaulT! Beautiful duck and leather.

My Roys and I are moving into the new house this week! I dropped off the first car load of boxes this morning and got super excited. Now, if someone would just buy my old house... Surprisingly, only one person has come to see it so far. It's on a well-traveled road, and the fliers have been disappearing, so I would have expected more.

The wife and I made a trip down to Charleston, SC last week and, of course, the ROYs came along. I've been several times, but this was our first visit to a plantation. This one was pretty cool, as it had some amazing gardens, and the house currently standing was originally a cabin in the mountains of NC and was transported down to SC after the Union Army burned down the original mansion at the end of the Civil War. It has experienced a couple major additions over the years.

L1040506.jpg

L1040517.jpg

L1040512.jpg

L1040522.jpg

what is that line on the collar and pocket? is that the selvage?

Hem-stitching. It's done with a special machine that I don't believe has been manufactured for non-commercial use for a long time. It punches a hole in the fabric, then stitches the edges closed. Put a bunch in a row and you have a stitch. I think it mostly used to be used for linens and curtains.

Roy got this machine a while back, and was really excited about it. This is the first thing I've seen him make using it.

5765706225_fe7b993de7_o.jpg

5766253844_6d0ef62d40_b.jpg

Since I had the macro lens out I of course also took a picture of my crotch:

5765706139_a14df8e6d2_o.jpg

Hem-stitching. It's done with a special machine that I don't believe has been manufactured for non-commercial use for a long time. It punches a hole in the fabric, then stitches the edges closed. Put a bunch in a row and you have a stitch. I think it mostly used to be used for linens and curtains.

Roy got this machine a while back, and was really excited about it. This is the first thing I've seen him make using it.

5765706225_fe7b993de7_o.jpg

5766253844_6d0ef62d40_b.jpg

That is crazy. I have never heard of such a thing.

He used that on the pockets and at first I thought he had used some busted seam construction for the pockets.

Was going to say, Roy6, that I swear I had seen something like that on curtains or old hand towels...

That is crazy. I have never heard of such a thing.

He used that on the pockets and at first I thought he had used some busted seam construction for the pockets.

That's what I thought at first too. I guess it wouldn't have worked to do a busted seam with this, though. I saw some of the raw canvas- it was a light tan and the selvedge edge was I think plain or maybe had a small black border- the selvedge on the dyed shirt is solid blue, so the effect would be lost.

Today, I had the privilege to meet world renowned explorer Mike Horn. He is by far one of the most amazing human being I have ever met. read his story if you can and hear him speak if you ever have an opportunity. the guy is simply amazing.

Here is a link to his website if anyone wants to learn more.

http://www.mikehorn.com/

Here's one of the shot I took of him today. will post more soon.

5766851103_dc5fbf2e0f_z.jpg

I thought I had to wear khakis on a boat which is why I didn't wear my Roys, but Mike sure as hell didn't think so and it was his boat.

5766905771_3f1cb0ea70_z.jpg

Forgot to mention Roy 6 shirt looks awesome.

That's so cool Farhad. Was he wearing the Arktos Pam 92? I have always wondered if he was a WIS. You must have taken the the 360 out for the ride.

Could someone translate this please?

Arktos Pam 92

WIS

:)