Samurai S500JX-LR Contest

beautiful_FrEaK

did you notice any marbling/harm to the denim after wash and dryer?

well, you got the right tailors there in LA so the taper-job should be a good one

nope! no harm at all done to the denim after the wash and dryer. I just made sure that I took the jeans out during the washer's spin-dry cycle. for the dryer, I chose to use the huge ones at the laundromat so that the jeans had enough space to move around and chafe less. I love the indigo retention of Samurais--I never have to worry about loss during a wash.

my patch took a toll tho. looks exactly like Obbigood's.

The Tag

P1042280.jpg

it shrunk a little and dried out, but I put a bit of hand lotion on it to rehydrate it. my dad taught me that and I swear by it and do it to all my jeans. it works just as good as any leather conditioner out there.

Been away for vacation, not to mention some troubles moving back in for school. Just finished soaking jeans and drying this morning.

Initial impressions:

- denim looks amazing

- wider leg opening than expected

- LHT is sexy =)

- I either needed to hem more or there's more shrinkage left in the inseam. In the end, I just decided to cuff them.

Below are my amazingly high quality phone camera photos in low light conditions (which I also accidentally only took in 640x480 resolution, what a shame):

Pre-soak:

5327579136_4ab9118262.jpg

5327579322_61dd80d7be.jpg

5327579460_037a7332ea.jpg

Post-soak without cuff:

5327579760_1a49e08721.jpg

5326970105_fff2a0a066.jpg

5327580322_4c6bc50a9f.jpg

Post-soak with cuff:

5327580446_4a191905d4.jpg

5326970573_64879df4c5.jpg

5326970691_09d2208e26.jpg

5327581076_e8fc3778f6.jpg

...my mirror is dirty =(

Part 2:

Random detail shots (I'm not familiar with details in standard Samurai denim so I'm probably including more than I should be...oh well):

Front pocket bags:

5327954060_f2888eff02.jpg

5327343153_f184b13b4f.jpg

Inside of button fly?:

5327343259_4272d33744.jpg

I thought this double thread on the selvage line was pretty neat (not sure if this is uncommon, but I don't recall having seen it before)

5327954392_74de188672.jpg

Hidden rivet:

5327343703_8164c00706.jpg

IMAG0438.jpg

Samurai s500JX-LR

Tumi t-tech

Generic man

Club monaco

X-post from the WAYWT... personally I'm not a big fan of the selvage though. And the denim is still cranky and stiff still, so it'll look wrinkled for a while until it soften up.

well...I like the selvage, It's a nice change to the thinner selvage line on the 15oz and 19oz models.

The 17oz Zero selvage line is still my favourite

P1020227.jpg

it will surely take 2 weeks till you can talk about softening up. maybe longer.

are those triple cuffs right now? looking ok right now :)

so one guy more on board. have you taken measurements before and after? there might be some more significant shrinkage left. fit is also good in my eyes.

yeah I also noticed that the selvage line is thicker than the usual Sword Selvage

Wish I did. Was too excited to wear these...plus my measuring tape is hidden is one of the many unpacked boxes in my room right now.

Yeah, they looked it. I have mine double cuffed now, but hopefully I can possibly convince my mom to take me to the city so I can get these hemmed... If not I am ordering the SG's I will have those hemmed, then once I get them I will send the sammies out to be hemmed.

anyone else noticed the difference in shrinkage from the backpockets and the lining? My lining has creases and I'm curious how it will affect the backpocket fading. I once saw a pair with strange crinkled fading on the backpockets and IIRC it also had lined backpockets

anyone else noticed the difference in shrinkage from the backpockets and the lining? My lining has creases and I'm curious how it will affect the backpocket fading. I once saw a pair with strange crinkled fading on the backpockets and IIRC it also had lined backpockets

you are not the only one, b_F.

I noticed the same thing too. Believing it will affect the backpocket fading, I tried putting in wallet on the right and iPhone case on the left to sort of like strengthen the inside lining.

I also noticed it to be somewhat wrinkled. I never gave it thought that it'll mess yo the fading... hopefully not...

the wrinkles won't "mess up" the fading mate...

it's just the nature of this pair of denim so everything's fine with wrinkles which will fade differently...that's why RHT and LHT...

if you want both sides to fade exactly the same, then you should stick with a "normal" pair...

the wrinkles won't "mess up" the fading mate...

it's just the nature of this pair of denim so everything's fine with wrinkles which will fade differently...that's why RHT and LHT...

if you want both sides to fade exactly the same, then you should stick with a "normal" pair...

we were talking about the wrinkles caused by the lining. so "messed up" backpockets. so nothing with RHT against LHT differences. I don't think it's a big problem, give's the pair a unique character. just curious how it will turn out and if everybody will have it.

@bbtadd1ct: looks a bit tight in the crotch area but the rest looks just fine!

@nice bbt :)

Seems like 2 soakings is usually required to achieve better fit.

Aye, weather was good today and home earlier, so took couple of pics to show wat b_F meant.

Already gotten some of the 'wrinkled' fade, but do we mind? NO :D

I'm taking it as just the original construction of this model, good or bad, dunno, but it does add some characteristic to the backpockets :)

See the bending part of the back pocket.

P1072282.jpg

Caused by the folding of the internal cloth lining.

P1072284.jpg

@b_F, i remember you have got a half-lined jeans too, right? (or am I wrong)

Does it fade with one straight line on the outside?