Samurai S500JX-LR Contest

beautiful_FrEaK

yep...due to hemming the leg opening measurements might be off.

yeah the fit is a bit different to the standard S0500XX. I think I mentioned that somewehere before (or was it just in my mind?). Especially the rise is noticeable lower...with the slimmer thighs and not so slim leg opening I would say we have a S0500XX/S5000VX-hyrid

^Even though I am not good with samurai models since this is my first pair of Sammies, I too notice these are pretty low rise as far as I am concerned. It actually is kind of irritating the rise cause usually if I am wearing something that low of a rise the jean is usually lighter weight, and skinnier.

Now that I see it again, yeah it is a little long. I just can't tuck in my shirt since I could never pull that look off.

Edit:

Also, here are the measurements for a 29 post-soak (forgot pre-soak):

W- 14.5"

I- 36"

L.O.-8"

Knee- 8.3"

Thigh- 10.5"

Front R- 10"

Back R- 13"

The rise is actually pretty high, not that high, but still relatively high.

^Even though I am not good with samurai models since this is my first pair of Sammies, I too notice these are pretty low rise as far as I am concerned. It actually is kind of irritating the rise cause usually if I am wearing something that low of a rise the jean is usually lighter weight, and skinnier.

hey which is it? a 10nich rise in a 29 is mid rise for me..

Well, it may be the way I measure cause I don't measure from the crotch seam, I measure from the whole bottom to the top of the jean, if it is measured from the crotch seam it is 9.1" so it is pretty low of a rise.

And I meant to say low, I always get confused between the difference of high and low rise.

Did the first soak tonight and measured right after the towel dry. a bit surprised at how small the waist got! Second soak will be coming tomorrow night. :D

Postsoak Measurements.

Tagged: 33

Waist (aligned): 31

Front Rise: 10

Back Rise: 14.75

Thigh: 12.25

Inseam: 32

Knee: 9.25

Hem: 8.6 *tiny bit over 8.5*

Presoak Measurements.

Tagged: 33

Waist (aligned): 33

Front Rise: 10.75

Back Rise: 15.5

Thigh: 12.5

Inseam: 34

Knee: 9.75

Hem: 9

maybe hem was smaller 4 inch's lower?

Good question.

I did a rough measurement after machine wash, there is still only a slight shrinkage on the leg opening.

I have figured out an idea to document it correctly - the hemmed potion :)

Will do a better documentation with pics and fit pics of machine wash tonight.

Fit pics, post-hot-soak. I'd post more detail shots, but they'd pale in comparison to b_F's. Size 32 (up one). The rise is lower and the fit slimmer than I remember from my S500xx's, but that may be just perception after my WH's + Rider's Dungarees...

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

I'm likely going to hem these 1 more inch when I get the crotch reinforced. I'd asked Yuichi to cut 2 ins, but from the looks of my leftover fabric, I think he trimmed 2cm.

It makes me a little nervous that my spanking new Canon G12 is shooting so blurrily. Apologies for my mottled images.

2nd wash fit pics

Better and more fitting now, the leg opening is indeed shrinking a little, too little as compare to the inseam.

I'm not tall, 1.7m, and was triple cuffing (pre-soak), then double cuff (1st soak), now after 2nd wash, single cuff will do.

Leg opening pre-soak was 9" as measured from the hemmed potion, now after 2 types of soaking, only down to 8.5"

All I can say is, this is a very interesting pair of denim :)

Enough said, the pics...

Slide7.jpg

Slide6.jpg

Slide5.jpg

With S710XX

P1042274.jpg

P1042276.jpg

The Tag

P1042280.jpg

Now, I'm a happy man!

P1042273.jpg

B_F... AMAZING....

But if I were to say I would not size down any at all. I shod have sized up one cause once I give these a proper wash with detergent I think they might be too small for me then. But if you choose not to size up one if thy have your size, go TTS don't size down one, I highly do not recommend it.

So who is "missing" right now?

commodorewheeler - ?

mctaran - jeans haven't arrived yet

aaronmetcalf - ?

bbtad1ct - ?

nate received his pair but hasn't posted pics so far. when will you go back and be able to pick up your pair?

kit99bar's pair might be still damp after his second soak. waiting for fit pics.

Fit pics from: b_F, laxlife, obbigood, knugget, jaspar

Did I miss someone?

well...most likely a typo or Gordon got confused. wondered when he would show that pair in his shop.

but now you guys from the US can compare the price ;)

I might be wrong but I think we paid about $370 with Pirates. We got them for cheaper AND earlier? Good deal.

anyway, I'm back in LA and did some washing:

some indigo soup. I didn't use soap but some suds came up probably from earlier washes with the machine

5324775508_527af4d3c9.jpg

5324781022_1e51a08784.jpg

5324178429_d152e89700.jpg

after the wash, there was so much blue stains on the machine's walls that I had to wipe it down

5324181345_f8b8e8f051.jpg

i hang-dried them after the wash, but they didn't shrink to the measurements I was hoping for so I went to the laundromat next door and used their dryer

5324797998_dae4e72ff0.jpg

5326483686_764462ff0b.jpg

my quick measurements:

pre-wash:

waist- 37

thigh- 13.25

knee- 10.25

opening- 9.5

inseam- 33.25

post-wash:

waist- 36

thigh- 13

knee- 10

opening- 9

inseam- 31.25

post-dryer:

waist- 35

knee- 9.75

and everything else remained the same

I'll post fit pics later in the week when I have access to a camera again.

I'm thinking about tapering them from the knee down.