Samurai S500JX-LR Contest

beautiful_FrEaK

That is like... the perfect fit +rep

By the way, it may be the lighting, but I feel like one side is lighter that the other, with your pair, and with mine. I will get post-shrink pics tomorrow. I am wearing them a day earlier than the 1st :) Unless they are still wet though...

That is like... the perfect fit +rep

By the way, it may be the lighting, but I feel like one side is lighter that the other, with your pair, and with mine. I will get post-shrink pics tomorrow. I am wearing them a day earlier than the 1st :) Unless they are still wet though...

I think everyone's pair is like that. Left leg lighter and right leg darker.

Now that I see it again, yeah it is a little long. I just can't tuck in my shirt since I could never pull that look off.

Edit:

Also, here are the measurements for a 29 post-soak (forgot pre-soak):

W- 14.5"

I- 36"

L.O.-8"

Knee- 8.3"

Thigh- 10.5"

Front R- 10"

Back R- 13"

The rise is actually pretty high, not that high, but still relatively high.

After mikecch' idea:

Soaking according to Samurai's "Master"

First (not mentioned but it's important to me), protecting the leather patch.

I used 3 layers of Red Wing Boot Oil during the last days and today one final layer of SnoSeal

P1020590.jpg

Filling the bathtub with the hottest tap water. (I was so hot that I couldn't put my hand in the water. That is why I got scared about my leather patch and added cold water later.)

P1020592.jpg

Added ordinary salt to the water

P1020593.jpg

P1020594.jpg

Contrary to the "Master", I put the jeans inside-out in the water

P1020596.jpg

here's the reason why

The guy demonstrating (they call him "Master") prefers a 42 degrees C or cooler, luke warm water with a small tablespoon of salt. Some people prefer adding vinegar but most people don’t put anything in it. People believe salt will help get rid of the "glue" (I wonder if they mean starch and stuff) and extra indigo. At the same time, salt will help the main indigo to stay on the material better. So it says. And some people soak at body temperature.

I’ve read in other places you’re supposed to soak after you turn the jeans inside-out, but Master is doing it normal, outside-out. Make sure to take all the air bubbles out and let it soak for about 1-2 hours. Anything longer than that could be annoying to the rest of your household, but also unnecessary.

It has a lot to do with belief

I think its faster if you stuff it with newspaper which is what i did (call me crazy, but 12 hours vs.2 days is a lot quicker for me).

Also I'm starting to see some very minor electric blue starting to show near the seat which im very surprised at since i have only worn them once..

Here's how they look with newspaper:

IMAG0368.jpg

who is talking about 2 days?

if you talk to me, I took them out of the water 3 hours ago and they are now dry enough to be worn if I wanted to :)

Jeez, wish I could say the same thing. Usually until fully dry it takes anywhere from a day and a half to 2 days, it depends on the humidity. For 3 hours wouldn't they still be damp? Cause my definition of being dry is dry, I personally hate wearing denim thats still damp--or clothes in general.

Jeez, wish I could say the same thing. Usually until fully dry it takes anywhere from a day and a half to 2 days, it depends on the humidity. For 3 hours wouldn't they still be damp? Cause my definition of being dry is dry, I personally hate wearing denim thats still damp--or clothes in general.

dry enough for me = damp.

I could wear them now and the creases would set in nicely.

But I'll wait some hours, measure them and if there's enough shrinkage already I will wear them. Otherwise I soak them again for more shrinkage

@Megatron: Yeah felling the same. Can't wait to put my pair on already