The Flat Head

LFC4ever

I don't know if I want to get the 405 or 403 and there are no stores around me to look at them in person.

I had nowhere to look at them in person also. Pictures don't do them justice, so if you think they look good in pictures... wait till you see them in person. :o

You might want to size up to 29 since FH jeans tend to be a little small for their tag size, and they shrink a lot. But the best thing to do is measure some of your jeans and compare the measurements.

If you're skinny and shorter than 6'1" or so, then BSPs should be a great fit. But you will definitely want to get them hemmed, keep in mind that Pioneer denim will shrink three inches.

So, I'm thinking about buying the 2111. However, I'm not sure about the thigh measurements. I have big thighs so I need some room in the top block, but I also want some taper. I think 3009 would be a perfect fit but I like the denim on the 2111, are these similar fit-wise?

Rinke: The 2111 is the same cut as the 3009 and 3011. It should be an excellent pair if you need a roomy thigh and taper from the knee down.

Maddogwellz: Great, I think you'll really like your 3009s. They're the same denim as the more popular (well, outside of Japan) 3001 and F310, but because the cut is different the pattern of your whiskers/combs will be a lot different. Keep us update!

I'll probably post an update on my 3009s once they hit the 2-3 month mark.

Those look great, but I'm definitely going to wash mine more frequently than usual as I'm not a fan of super super defined and in my opinion unnatural looking combs. Good fit though too...

So this is my sz 42 native check shirt, I'm right in thinking a 40 would be better? I mainly don't like the sleeve length and the combination of the loose(ish) chest and upper arms.

Edited by itsbenhere

Got done drying in the morning, after 2 agitated hot soaks. The fit is absolutely perfect, I seriously can't believe they worked out this well.

My dream pair of jeans was my 3001s with a bigger rise, and non tight knee fit. These are my dream pair.

Waist was 30.5" > 28.75"

Leg opening was 7.8" > 7"

Inseam was 36" > 32.5"

Here is a teaser till they settle, then I will take fit pictures.

My 3001s on top size 29, 1 hot soak for them, 3011s on bottom size 30 with 2 hot soaks.

* They are same besides the knee, bigger rise, and 3011s have a .25" smaller leg opening, which is great.

whoa, the leg opening seriously shrunk to 7''? that's crazy and kind of makes me want to consider getting the f310** or 3011.

Edited by playgfordisabled

Kyle@TFH, how much do flat heads actually shrink post soak? i've never owned a pair and flat heads seems like my best bet for my next pair, either that or the samurai s003jp series. I'm contemplating the se05bsp because i have a skinny bottom figure that fits cozy with a 10.3 thigh but the thigh is pretty big on the se05bsp. Do you think if I purchase it in sz 28/29 it would shrink from 10.9 or 11.2 to 10.3?

In my personal experience, the Pioneer denim shrinks about .4-.5" in the thigh after it's fully shrunk. The top half of the thigh is a little looser on the BSP, if you want a slimmer thigh then I suggest the 3001 or F310.