The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Just got my BSP's today size 30. They buttoned up fine, a little tight in the waist; they will definitely be good once they stretch out a little. I took some crappy fit pics and I wanted to know, should I do a quick cold/warm/hot soak? I'd really like to shrink the inseam as much as possible without shrinking the waist. Thighs have enough room to shrink same as the calves. Let me know.

Fit Pics: (again I apologize for shitty pictures)

img2685b.jpg

img2684b.jpg

Alright guys, I think I'm just going to do a 60 minute hot soak and put them on while they're still damp to stretch them out a bit.

Thanks for all the advice, I'll try and get fit pics later.

Guest Ark Sakura

@ Danisfake:

Don't freak out too much if you can't do up the waist right away. You might have to stretch the waist a bit while it is damp. They'll stretch to the right size eventually, assuming you went reasonably true to size or -1.

Guest Ark Sakura
...does anyone have post-soak fits for the BSP's in a 34 and a 36? Kind of debating what size I should get... My skull 5010's are a 33 and fit pretty spot-on...

Any help would be appreciated...

I sized up 1 with my 05bsp, but really wish I had gone true to size. I got them to fit after 3 boiling hot soaks and 45 minutes in the dryer on hot. If I had to do it again, I would go true to size. YMMV

Danisfake, I'd say do a hot soak to go ahead and get most if not all the shrinkage out of the way. That way you can decide if you want to get them hemmed. Don't worry about the waist, they will stretch out to fit nicely. I wish I had sized down in my bsp. With that said, BSP's for sale size 34. And.....nice fit after soak.

Well after sleeping in them and wearing them all day, they've loosened up a bit. Probably going to do a hot soak this time (instead of a warm soak) to get all the shrinkage out of the way. Thanks for all the help guys.

nate, think i saw you and your flatheads at rendezvous a little bit ago. was really hungover and drinking water so i wouldn't throw up. i was wearing a blue-gray striped shirt and sexsufuxdb's. will say hi when i'm not on the verge of throwing up

Guest Ark Sakura
Danisfake, I'd say do a hot soak to go ahead and get most if not all the shrinkage out of the way. That way you can decide if you want to get them hemmed. Don't worry about the waist, they will stretch out to fit nicely. I wish I had sized down in my bsp. With that said, BSP's for sale size 34. And.....nice fit after soak.

Just curious: Did you size up 1 or go tts?

Just curious: Did you size up 1 or go tts?

I went true to size as the size chart followed which was a sz 34 presoak. I've lost a few pounds so they don't fit me slim how I like. I like my jeans to be on the skeet side; gotta sell them though.

Well after sleeping in them and wearing them all day, they've loosened up a bit. Probably going to do a hot soak this time (instead of a warm soak) to get all the shrinkage out of the way. Thanks for all the help guys.

Hey can you post up some measurements after you do a hot soak?

Hey can you post up some measurements after you do a hot soak?

Tagged size 30

Waist: ~15.5

Rise: ~9 (I dont know why its so short?)

Back Rise: ~13.5

Thigh: ~10.5

Inseam: ~35.5-36

Leg Openeing: ~7

Everything fits great, the rise is a little weird however. I didnt think a hot soak would cause it to shrink an inch but it just takes a little getting used to. I'll try and get better fit pictures up some time soon.

Guest Ark Sakura
Beach wash.

dsc0294gqi.jpg

Damn, I'm in San Francisco too. The weather's been nice, but the water is still freezing w/o a wetsuit. Kudos to you for that.

just starting cycling frequently after a few years again.

turns out my 1001s start to be to tight in the thigh, hope they stretch with my cycling muscles coming back extremely fast!

any experience? might just use them for cycling to speed up that process, right?

do want blast the seams!