The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Knee fades are pretty much unavoidable unless you size up or don't ever sit down. When you sit down the knees are always going to pushing against the jeans. They are also (for me at least) the fastest part to fade along with the wallet. Then again I'm sitting a lot lol. Don't sweat it too much though, the jeans will fade to match them eventually. If you look at my fit pics my jeans started like amnesiac's and then the jeans faded to match the knees.

i've found that knee fades come from doing shit on your knees. the rougher/more abrasive the surfaces you're kneeling on or whatever leads to faster fading. even carpet will fade the knees eventually. anything harder than the cotton itselt is considered abrasive.

one more thing, dude at the top of the page mentioned sanforized denim as being lower-grade. not true at all. i won't buy sanf/pre-shrunk jeans, but i have to admit that sanforization has NOTHING to do with the quality of the denim itself. evisu's no.2 denim is a sanforized version of the no.1 and is just as nice. the creases might not fade as sharp over time since the sizing is more stable, but that's about it.

Kind of a long shot, but does anyone here go to the University of Michigan? I spotted someone wearing a pair of FHs and I'm pretty sure he spotted mine as well.

I go to the University of Florida and I would be damned if anyone has even herd of flat head jeans around here. I would be crazy to spot someone else wearing flat head jeans

im with bsjohnson. i too am in florida and raw jeans just aren't popular-- but then again, jeans arent a necessity like they are up north. also thankfully im not a gaytor. let the FSU jokes begin....

i swear knee fades look so awkward! at the moment i'm working on my one and only/first pair of raws (N&F, very little fading so far-- but the little i have are wallet, stacks, and the coin pocket. nothing at the knees, which looks like it should be the first thing to go)

thanks for your input guise

My 3005's aren't tight at all and they have quite the pronounced knee fades. The theatre floor at my school practically eats indigo and I had to do a scene in which I fell to my knees. On the first day of rehearsal my knees turned white. They actually seem to have somehow gotten darker. But yeah, blowjob jokes suck.

EDIT: no pun intended

i've found that knee fades come from doing shit on your knees. the rougher/more abrasive the surfaces you're kneeling on or whatever leads to faster fading. even carpet will fade the knees eventually. anything harder than the cotton itselt is considered abrasive.

agreed, i don't have no fades on my knees. you need abrasion and fiction to fade. if you're not on your knees, don't expect much knee fading.

I go to the University of Florida and I would be damned if anyone has even herd of flat head jeans around here. I would be crazy to spot someone else wearing flat head jeans
im with bsjohnson. i too am in florida and raw jeans just aren't popular-- but then again, jeans arent a necessity like they are up north. also thankfully im not a gaytor. let the FSU jokes begin....

That's what I thought too. I seriously thought I was the only one in town with raw denim, and in the corner of my eye I saw a very familiar selvage lining on someone's cuff. And sure enough, my eyes traveled upwards to spot the FH stitching.

I wanted to strike up a conversation with the guy, but I was heading out to class.

Kind of a long shot, but does anyone here go to the University of Michigan? I spotted someone wearing a pair of FHs and I'm pretty sure he spotted mine as well.

Oooh. Was it hot?

That's actually pretty awesome. I've never had a FH sighting in the wild before.

are FHs really tight in the knees? .

Nope. Some are fairly fitted at the knees, like 3001 and BSP, but that alone won't precipitate knee-fade. It will promote honeycombs behind the knees though.

Knee fades are pretty much unavoidable unless you size up or don't ever sit down. When you sit down the knees are always going to pushing against the jeans. .

Mehhh....

i've found that knee fades come from doing shit on your knees.

i won't buy sanf/pre-shrunk jeans, but i have to admit that sanforization has NOTHING to do with the quality of the denim itself.t.

KMW and Somet have amazing denim for san. too. And Skull ain't bad. But I just find sanforized never have the same textures that stf do.

agreed, i don't have no fades on my knees. you need abrasion and fiction to fade. if you're not on your knees, don't expect much knee fading.

Yeah, I'm really on board with this and Salaami. Abrasion is the only way to get wear. My FH BSP were pretty slim and no knee fades. None of my jeans get knee fades. I've never found that it has anything to do with sitting or the denim.

so you are at FSU beastie ? I really don't get into school spirit, I do hear FSU hot tons of hot girls, dumb and hot :)

I'm only kidding FSU is a good school.

I have some naked and famous jeans but I cant wear them anymore because they became way to tight after I soaked them, they shrank a lot....I was super bummed.

The flat head f380 is a much better fit for my body. I am wearing them pretty much 24 hours a day, I just started to sleep in them as well. I'm going for lots of contrast and fading

my FH 1001s are extremely snug in the thighs since a single luke-warm soak.. they've got about 4 weeks wear and don't seem to be stretching much. I've noticed the outer seam in the mid-upper thigh has slightly but visibly seperated farther apart than the rest of the seam along the leg. movement is extremely restricted. Should I do a short "local" cold soak and wear them while drying? Or is there a less inconvenient way to hedge against potential damage?

thanks

my FH 1001s are extremely snug in the thighs since a single luke-warm soak.. they've got about 4 weeks wear and don't seem to be stretching much. I've noticed the outer seam in the mid-upper thigh has slightly but visibly seperated farther apart than the rest of the seam along the leg. movement is extremely restricted. Should I do a short "local" cold soak and wear them while drying? Or is there a less inconvenient way to hedge against potential damage?

thanks

just wear them an they'l be fine, mine were exactly like that