Artist Denim

Guest KoCHiRO1985

Hey guys! I wear my par every day and they are really nice, I specially love the denim on these. Very interesting with a beautiful texture and dope roughness to it. These jeans are truly a piece of greatness!

Hey guys-thanks for the comments!

Max: I ALWAYS stay true to my signature....and I'm delighted about your comment.

Gun: yeah, I hope (and trust) they'll develop just sensationally. I do like wearing them a lot, and love their feel especially. I've worn them every single day since I received them, with one sole exception. I will keep on like this until the end of March!!!

Swede Alex: are you Swedish? Just asking since I'm curious about how exclusive it is to wear an artistdenim in Europe, Gun told me most of what he sold so far were shipped to Asia and America.

@ 501cult: Yes I´m Swedish. Yeah I´ve understood that as well. But it´s nice to have something different that not everyone else got. Plus Gun is an awesome dude to work with!

Tak Alex! Thanks for your quick reply. So we have one artistdenim in Sweden, one in Germany. I'll ask Gun about any other "European editions".... and I totally agree, Gun is pure pleasure to deal with, real nice, dedicated guy.

Tak Alex! Thanks for your quick reply. So we have one artistdenim in Sweden, one in Germany. I'll ask Gun about any other "European editions".... and I totally agree, Gun is pure pleasure to deal with, real nice, dedicated guy.

Almost right...it´s suppose to be "tack":) but you almost got it!:P

*Grin* I'll work on my (non-existent) Swedish. Tack - as I now know it's written, I'll remember from one of my all time favourite movies, Murder on the Orient Express, where the great Ingrid Bergman -in her Oscar-winning role as "Froken Olsson" -pardon any misspellings, please- is greeted this way.

Guest artistdenim

I always admire your way dude, you know that, stay true to it :)

for those of you whose wonder for the release date, straight cut is almost done, waiting on block for button' and belt loop, should be out soon :)

update from "pentor"

ADD8-1.jpg

Nice. Like his fit, and I'd say his fading/development is about on par with mine.

It's an established truth by now that these are VERY hard to fade, it's a slow development with a promise far in the future, but then hopefully spectacular.

Guest artistdenim

Really bad news

Tailor promise me that new cut will be finish by this months

And today is 30th so I went to check things out and I found out that he clompletely fucked me up badly.

He only finish size 34 for straight cut and he use some glue cotton to patch inside the backpocket saying that it help stiching looks better but it's actually crap.

And it even worse when I found out that he hasn't even finish pattern for others size and model.

So today I spent all day looking for a pattern maker, found one guy that suit the work, he said that the pattern will finish on 3rd December.

Thai really upset me since I spent more than $10,000 on all the union machines, three months looking for the finest tailor and It turn out that I am completely fucked.

The most ashame thing is that I broke my words in the releasing date over and over again, really sorry.

So right now the releasing date is unknown due all the thing that happen but I will try my best to sort thing out.

Really sorry and thank you for understanding.

Gun

that's some shitty news to hear. unfortunately, sometimes things like this are part of the learning experience in any business or industry. sufu isn't going anywhere. a delay isn't all that bad. it just gives the folks who want a pair the extra time to save up the funds to buy the jeans when you're ready! you're doing a great job with this-- your skill and enthusiasm are much appreciated here. good luck, man.

OoH man I feel you Gun! SuFu aint going nowhere! We´ll be here and patiently awaiting your product. No need to worry about that anyway.

Sorry for your loss of money and I REALLY hope you will get it back and loads more when the new fits will release.

All the best Gun and my pair is coming along nicely. Wearing them everyday in snow, wind and rain. THey´re my favourite jeans easily!

Keep doing you and keeep ya head up.

//Alex

Don't worry, as long as everyone is still interested in what you're offering (which clearly they are), you'll be fine.

Also, for the straight cut (and this is just my personal opinion), for the larger sizes, I would make it slightly more tapered below the knee. While it's not "straight", it will end up looking straight. I'm usually a 36, and most of the straight cuts at that size fit more like your regular cut and look almost bootcut.

Guest artistdenim

thanks guys that's really a relief, when I'm driving back home I keep asking myself why things won't work out, I tried everything that I could do, put all my effort in.

thanks to you guys, I'll keep saying to myself that I'll put more and more effort in, big thanks, really cheer me up :)

by the way, after a slap in the face from current tailor, there's some good news.

I just got an e-mail from a reliable source(not sure if he want to keep the conversation private), he offer me an introduce to a tailor, hope that things will work out fine this time.

I know that he will probably be reading this, I want to say that I'm really grateful for your help and I really hope that I can return the favor some day :)

Like the previous posters, I am really sorry to read about your trials and tribulations, Gun. Surely the money invested in the Union machines is not really lost? You "only" have to find the right operators, then they will be a strong asset.

You have established a strong following here, of some denim dudes who are convinced by what you do and believe in your product. I am glad I am one of them.

I guess every start-up has some setbacks and some expense that goes down the drain with it. Don't be discouraged and keep it up, and also don't worry too much about the timing of the second product, the straight jeans. I really do gather from the other posts that people totally understand.

Hey guys, here´s a few evo-pics of my pair. A few closeups and a few "normal" pics...sorry for the BIG pics guys...but I do not have the time nor patience to fix it right now.

I´ve worn these for a little more than 1.5 months now with about 5 days a week of wear.

Let me know what you think!

Enjoy!

IMG_1036.jpg

IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_1024.jpg

IMG_1029.jpg

IMG_1031.jpg

IMG_1032.jpg

IMG_1035.jpg

Tack (!) Alex. Nice start. Yours do have what I call "micro fadings", some even already stronger than on mine, although mine are worn considerably longer (2,5 months, daily with perhaps two exceptions only).

Keep rocking them. Aren't they great jeans? What size have you got?

"Tschüss" from Berlin.

^Thanks man! Yes they´re hard to fade but I like that about these.

Yeah these are really awesome jeans! I got size 36 and they fit me great, maybee I´d wish for a little longer rise, but that´s just me...

Have e good day man!

Gosh, you bust be a big Swede..... mine are a 30 ! I am a slim sort of guy, and I like my jeans tight (you've seen fit pics). But 36 is really big. You're not eating too much smorgasbord, are you? :rolleyes:

^:P Not eaiting to much smorgasbord. That´s for sure!:)

But I´m 185cm tall and weigh in at 90 kg. So I´m not the smallest guy rocking Artist Denim...

I did a hot soak on my pair just when I got them cause they were drybleeding like crazy. They got slimmer but to me are a perfect fit!

Interesting, Alex, I wore mine for one day in the dry (and rather scratchy) state, and did not notice any dry bleeding. And I was totally amazed by the lack af any bleeding at all during the soak, the water stayed crystal-clear, without any hint of a tint. did you make the same experience. Did you just soak the jeans or did you wear them while soaking, like I did?

fit pics...

pre-soak

tuesday%20002.JPG

post-soak:

wednesday%20001.JPG

wednesday%20002.JPG

comments: when I first tried on the jeans, I was afraid they would be too tight. The thighs are very slim and I was worried about how much they would shrink post-soak. I soaked them in warm water for about an hour and they came out fitting very well. The thighs are still kind of tight, but it is comfortable. Also, the denim is still a little prickly, but I'm getting used to it. Besides that, I'm loving them... the construction and details and materials are superb and they look good to me.

@501cult: No my water turned really "dirty" so the indigo leaving was pretty intense. No I did not wear mine while soaking. I just left them airdry and then put them on when dry. They were really tight at first but has stretched a good amount and now fit me great!

@phive-oh: Good fit man! These do shrink alot more than jeans I´ve worn before. But still a beautiful pair of jeans that will take a loong time to brake in.