Artist Denim

Guest KoCHiRO1985

I'm in awe about phive-oh-won's fit. Woof. Really can't fit much better. Incidentally also like your user name quite a bit.

SwedeAlex: Now I'm confused. So your soaking water got "really dirty". This mystifies me, since my experience was the total opposite. Anyone have an explanation? Gun ???

Thanks for all of the positive responses, guys! dkatz, I'll do my best to live up to your lofty expectations... unfortunately, they'll mostly see "studying for finals" and "watching football over winter break" fades over the next month or so, but after that, I'll be sure to use and abuse them to the best of my abilities :) .

also, for the record, the water got a yellowish tint when I soaked them... I think that's just the excess starch washing out of the jeans

Hey guys, thought I´d post some fit pics of my pair. (especially for you 501cult)...hehe

Just tucked my polo in to get a better look at the jeans. Heading out to grab a cup of coffee with friends...snowy snowy snowy here!

IMG_1077.jpg

IMG_1081.jpg

Hey Alex, since you've posted it esp. for me (thanks!), I feel obliged to reply immediately.

The 36 size is nicely obliterated in a picture :P ... -could'nt help that!

Your fit is very good, but not as snug as phive's or that Asian guy's whose name I always forget, several pages up, who suffers from too skinny legs.

Serves you well, I think, the very tight fit, as much as I'm always the advocate of it, may not really work for a size 36.

The streaky structure of the denim, while clearly recognizable, strikes me as more regular as it is on mine. I wonder whether that's also the explanation for your soaking water getting so "dirty" and mine staying 100% clear. Could it be that different charges of denim were used, with differences in the dyeing process?

This phenomenon really bugs me, and as I racked my brain, it occurred to me that for the one time I tried on my original size 29, which was too small and had to be returned, my hands were getting blue, from the rather scant colour transfer of putting on a too small pair of jeans. This did not happen when I put on the size 30 several days later.

I still hope to hear from Gun on this. Anyone have been in contact with him lately? He seems to have all but disappeared!

zephyr i really like your fit, how did you size?

what is your build?

hello jlaz

thank for comment. I wear 27 with fit me perfect since day 1. I'm 5'7" and 60 kgs. size down 2-3 from the waist size (I'm not really sure what my actual waist be, it's between 29-30).

for you 501cult, I'll ask gun to answer your qeustion in soon. he is now busy with the hard works to release straight cut as soon as possible.

@Alex, your fit is great!! not skin tight but not loose at all. great slim fitting :D

@501cult: here is your answer from gun

"don't be too serious, it is just color that loss in the water, here is what I think.

every pair of Jean uses different denim roll, they are all similar but not exactly the same, some roll are lighter in color, some are darker.

when you shrink your Jean, some may lost less chemical than other but I am sure the quality is the same."

hope you got clear your confusion

@zephyrsong: Thanks! I do love the fit of these jeans! they´re great with boots and whatever shoes I wear as well.

I can´t say enough abouth these jeans. They´re really well constructed and the details amase me. I really can´t see anything bad AT ALL with these jeans. I mean they´re right up there with Oni and whatever brand in my eyes. But AFFORDABLE!

Hello Zephyr. Many thanks!

And I don't think I'm all that "serious"- I am inquisitive and curious, and denim is perhaps a little too important for me, and so when I don't understand something, I'm prone not to give up before I have an answer.

Which, in this case, basically confirms what I "suspected".

Hope "my" batch of denim is not also fading a lot slower than some others.....:confused:

Sorry it took me so long to get fit pics up. Took these over Thanksgiving break, so I guess about 3 months wear. Still very happy with them and I think they'll be pretty faded after a year.

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

Thanks for the great jeans Gun!

One last thing, the link on the artistdenimonline webpage doesn't redirect to the blog properly, so may want to fix that. And for what it's worth my jeans didn't change the water color at all when I soaked them in hot hot water for a few hours.

Like your fit a lot, greeneggs, am comforted by the state of your (non-) fading, and really appreciate the info on the soaking and lack of colour transfer to the water!

It just feels good to know one isn't alone.....:o

Zephyr is your fit tight around the thighs? I want to try to avoid that because i have more muscular thighs since i have been on my highschool swim team for the past few years.

I dont know if that will be possible from the current fit, so i may just have to wait it out till the straight fit comes out.

Im loving how active this thread has been recently.

Zephyr is your fit tight around the thighs? I want to try to avoid that because i have more muscular thighs since i have been on my highschool swim team for the past few years.

I dont know if that will be possible from the current fit, so i may just have to wait it out till the straight fit comes out.

Thought I´d try and shed some light on this. I´m a little more than 6 ft and 200 pounds. I wear size 36. They did shrink about two sizes in the waist but they do not feel tight around my thighs. I´m not a small person neither:D.

What waist size are you?

Hope this helps some...

it's not that tight around the thigh. I can put my phone in the right pocket and cigarettes+lighter in the left pocket (also my wallet in the left back pocket). my thight measurement is around 20-21"

hope this help :)

^ I've been wondering about this myself. Hope you are well, Gun, and it would be good to hear from you again soon.

gun still active in Thailand forum but not SuFu because he feel bad that he can't release the straight cut in time like he said. it's may not his fault because the bullshit of tailor but this story make he feel ashame himself that he was be break his words. he'll comeback active here as soon as the straight cut are ready to show all of you :)

Come back GUN!!! We do miss you in here! It´s nothing to be ashamed of! You can´t really affect they way other people act...

We still LOVE your jeans!

hello jlaz

thank for comment. I wear 27 with fit me perfect since day 1. I'm 5'7" and 60 kgs. size down 2-3 from the waist size (I'm not really sure what my actual waist be, it's between 29-30).

Does that mean the measurements on the website are post-soak? If they were pre-soak I'm pretty sure sizing down 2-3 would be suicidal..

Does that mean the measurements on the website are post-soak? If they were pre-soak I'm pretty sure sizing down 2-3 would be suicidal..

nope, the measurements are pre-soak. you can expect up to 1-1.5 inch shrink in the waist from soak. the pre-soak measurement for size 27 is 30 so they shrink down to 28-29 which is not so hard to wear them for me. the word sizing down 2-3 from the waist size is mean choose the tag size down from your waist size not actual measurement of the jeans.

Guest artistdenim

guys, sorry haven't been back here lately has been really busy adjusting machine and practicing.

I give up on finding more tailor, I no longer trust all of them any more.

but I never give up on making jeans coz I love em so much.

so I'm doing everything by myself, for the past days I had been practicing

dsc_0117copy.jpg

0dsc_0173.jpg

dsc_0175.jpg

dsc_0187.jpg

dsc_0180.jpg

dsc_0013.jpg

dsc_0016.jpg

Guest artistdenim

as you can see, the double line are not even, sadly I'm pretty much new on these but I purchase this machine to help me out

DÃœRKOPP double needle machine

dsc_0001.jpg

dsc_0004.jpg

dsc_0005.jpg

dsc_0009.jpg

0dsc_0011.jpg

dsc_0012.jpg

sorry for late reply, has been really busy adjusting machine to fit me, busy learning how to start and finalize jean and practicing.

have a good day you all :)

I second that! But at any rate, very good to hear from you here again. You'll get mail !!!