Artist Denim

Guest KoCHiRO1985

Gun, this is what I was referring to:

Cut a swatch of denim. Snap a photo of it raw.

Put it in the washing machine until there is a notable change in shade.

Snap another photo. And maybe repeat another time.

These small photos would be pretty effective in helping your customers choose from the variety of products that you offer.

Though I'm sure you can't go wrong with any of your fabrics.:D

Woof-I don't look for a couple of days, and what news!

So can we expect artistdenim jeans out of all those fabrics? Or made to order out of a fabric of choice? Or are you making a "poll" here which fabric to use in the future?

I've looked through all posts and did not quite get clear, so perhaps you could put me wise. But it sure looks very promising.

Guest artistdenim

Just uploaded all of the fabric pics here 21 style,

added

12oz. LHT, 15.1

Indigo Selvedge, 15.4oz

7oz Plain Selvedge Chambray

http://selvedgeforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=5.900

I think Gun said he was going to offer them as made-to-order, and along with the denim he's going to have more hardware options.

yes, 4 tabs, up to 5-7 top& Middle Buttons and total of eight rivets.

Gun, this is what I was referring to:

Cut a swatch of denim. Snap a photo of it raw.

Put it in the washing machine until there is a notable change in shade.

Snap another photo. And maybe repeat another time.

These small photos would be pretty effective in helping your customers choose from the variety of products that you offer.

Though I'm sure you can't go wrong with any of your fabrics.:D

thanks man, I'll be sure to do that

Gun:

Just make me a pair in each fabric...

:eek:

I'm very impressed by everything gun, i can't wait to see more finished products, how are the new fits coming along?

soon, really soon, probably by next week, straight cut is finish, now waiting on regular cut and readjusting the slim fit.

i know it's a great service to give out denim swatches, but what exactly do people do with them? are there such discrepencies between the pics? just seems like a waste of resources and packaging. better off keeping the prices of the actual product down. just my thoughts

in my opinion, it feels nicer to felt the actual fabric, see the actual color, this is what I think : )

you're right. he will made-to-order with all the fabric in last page, also with many hardware options :)

thanks man

img0985w800.jpg

img0986w800.jpg

img0987w800.jpg

img0988w800.jpg

img0997w800.jpg

img1007w800.jpg

Hey Gun! That´s some GREAT GREAT denim!!! I still love my pair but if you´re making to order...I prob. can´t resist come spring;)

Keep them coming man!

Guest artistdenim
Gun, as long as you're doing made to order, may I suggest you offer a zipper fly option as well. I know some people (myself included) who find the zipper much more convenient

this is embarrassing to say but I have no idea how to attach a zipper but I will look in to it :D

Gun you treat selvage forum much better than you treat us, so many more pictures on that site.

What fabrics are going to be used for pocket bags?

I agree about having pictures of washed samples because after seeing the fabrics multiple times I can't pic favorites because i dont know how they will evolve.

Guest artistdenim

just a little notice, price will be up a little depend on the location, I'll ship the package via UPS, which will take 3-5days to arrive, faster and more efficiency

img0861w800.jpg

Gun, I looked through your samples and noticed that something was missing. Will you have the addition of rivets about the front pockets and the coin pocket?

Thanks.

Also, when will the site be updated? Just curious.

all button&rivets availability are confirm just now from YKK :)

button1mb.jpg

img0982w800.jpg

here's the pearl snap that I'll use for future accessory projects

img0983w800.jpg

really sorry for late updated on the site I'm working alone so it's pretty slow, I'll try my best to updated the size asap

Gun you treat selvage forum much better than you treat us, so many more pictures on that site.

What fabrics are going to be used for pocket bags?

I agree about having pictures of washed samples because after seeing the fabrics multiple times I can't pic favorites because i dont know how they will evolve.

Fabric that will be use for pocket bags is #18 #19 #20 #21

I'll try go get more choice :)

washed sample has been noted, will get to that as soon as I'm free.

and English is my second language and I'm not really good at it as you guys were comment about my gramma and spelling before.

I'm really slow on replying because I'll have to double check every thing that I type, I'm really sorry.

I will also post all the new pics of fabric here it's like 42 pics of total, hope that sufu's mod won't banned me

1w800.jpg

2w800.jpg

3w800.jpg

4w800.jpg

Can't wait for you to fully open up shop man..

Also what's the #2 denim originally from? Looks like the same specs as #1 (SC40400N) but the texture looks different..

Judging from the specs, the fact is from Nihon Menpu and the selvedge, I'd say it was 40401

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=30&category_id=&manufacturer_id=3&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

take a look at the selvedge picture at hte bottom (plus Gun said he was going to use 40401 for something else a while back)

Guest artistdenim
Gun I was kidding dont worry i totally understand.

I was wondering if you are going to have different prices depending on what fabrics are going to be used instead of a flat price.

price will be all the same :)

Judging from the specs, the fact is from Nihon Menpu and the selvedge, I'd say it was 40401

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=30&category_id=&manufacturer_id=3&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

take a look at the selvedge picture at hte bottom (plus Gun said he was going to use 40401 for something else a while back)

thanks man :)

You're the best Gun, thanks for all your work and attention to detail. Even though I'm pretty busy right now and not posting much at all I still check this thread pretty regularly for your updates.

I'm still loving your jeans, and sometime in the future I'd love to pick up a pair made with the orange selvedge denim.

Best of luck with your operation and I can't wait to see what comes next.

LHT and #16, #7, and #4 look amazing. I will be definitely be ordering a pair...any more details on those 4 you could PM me Gun???!

Guest artistdenim
You're the best Gun, thanks for all your work and attention to detail. Even though I'm pretty busy right now and not posting much at all I still check this thread pretty regularly for your updates.

I'm still loving your jeans, and sometime in the future I'd love to pick up a pair made with the orange selvedge denim.

Best of luck with your operation and I can't wait to see what comes next.

thanks man :)

Where does you get all of the fabric gun? I envy you, really really envy you :(

:)

LHT and #16, #7, and #4 look amazing. I will be definitely be ordering a pair...any more details on those 4 you could PM me Gun???!

sorry man, that's all the info that I have on those fabrics :)

While Gun is busy with lot2, here are some pics of mine.

Have been wearing since Aug 2010. One hot-soak.

really nice man, really nice

my durkopp buttonhole machine recently broke down, it will get fixed soon.

my steam iron

img1017w1024w800.jpg

here's the straight cut's, 8.5 leg opening

I think the length of the pocket is too deep, I'll move it up a little :)

img1029w1024w800.jpg

img1031w1024w800.jpg