Artist Denim

Guest KoCHiRO1985

Guest KoCHiRO1985

Hi,

I just pre-order a pair of jean in thailand, there is a guy start on his new brand

I thought I'll post it here incase you guy might be interested

here is his site, check it out

http://www.artistdenimonline.com/

construct using 14oz Nihon menpu Denim, hand dye, natural indigo, fiber blend,

YKK button, thick cow leather patch, selvedge pocket bags, hidden rivet, etc

slim fit

artistdenim2.jpg

artistdenim.jpg

artistdenim3.jpg

tuck11copy.jpg

tucky22copy.jpg

noppadol.jpg

40476837.jpg

alzer.jpg

aong.jpg

At least the denim looks good...

Look at the article number, it reads 40400! SCJ resemblance? (Hawaï, sc40400). So, I also assume it is a 50/50 blend? I prefer my Canes.

I love the website. These might be worthwhile at $170. Some natural indigo denim at half the price of most denim companies. I don't like the fit much, not too into the slim tapered look, but I would definitely check out a pair if there was a more full fit.

edit: oh and I don't think 6 months is gonna be enough time to bring out the beauty of that denim.

hawaiis are actually 40401, not that it really makes a difference. also the selvage line is a different color from the ones on the hawaiis. also i thought 50/50 sugar cane/cotton blend was a hallmark of SC denim, doubt they'd let/want some random company to get their hands on that kind of denim.

well, i don't love that pocket stitching, but that can come off...the denim looks freakin' nuts. and the cut looks like if you size it right for your thigh measurement it should be pretty cool...these are tempting. green selvage id looks bad ass.

^^ Actually, I think the sc40401 is the 3rd Hawaii to hit the market. The 40400 is indeed the definative Hawaii model (100% natural indigo with twill fabric, whereas the 40401 is a 50/50 blend of dyes), and the denim texture/selvedge id on that website looks freakishly similar to those of the sc40400. And NM is where SC get a lot of their denim...

However, the website also states that this is 100% cotton denim they are using, and I don't think they stated it was natural indigo dyed either. I'm thinking the denim this guy is using was created by the same people as the ones who did the SC denim, with similar weave, but without the sugarcane millet blend or natural indigo.

It would be funny though, if those guys in the contest where trying to break in a hank-dyed natural indigo fabric in 6 months :P

Guest artistdenim

thank you KoCHiRO1985 for posting this, your jean will be ready soon!

not so sure about the top block, but the denim looks lovely

thank you, I fall in love the moment I saw this denim

Look at the article number, it reads 40400! SCJ resemblance? (Hawaï, sc40400). So, I also assume it is a 50/50 blend? I prefer my Canes.

thank you for your opinion

I love the website. These might be worthwhile at $170. Some natural indigo denim at half the price of most denim companies. I don't like the fit much, not too into the slim tapered look, but I would definitely check out a pair if there was a more full fit.

edit: oh and I don't think 6 months is gonna be enough time to bring out the beauty of that denim.

thank you, I did everything by myself, photo shooting, web design, design pattern, etc, thank you for your interested, full fit will not come out in the mean time but it will be later on.

not so sure about the top block, but the denim looks lovely

I will keep that in my opinion, thank you for your comment!

:cool:

i love slim tapered fits but the top block looks a little off.. interesting denim though.

really appreciate your comment, i'll keep that in mind!

thank you

yeah that's definitely the same denim as the 40400ns ... cut is intensely skinny though, look at those thigh measurements raw no less

I design the pattern to match people whose want slim cut but I will prepare the cut for straight fit, thank you for your comment!

well, i don't love that pocket stitching, but that can come off...the denim looks freakin' nuts. and the cut looks like if you size it right for your thigh measurement it should be pretty cool...these are tempting. green selvage id looks bad ass.

thank you for showing interest

really appreciate, thank you

Yes, the denim is lovely! The rest of the details, (back pocket, rivets) suck giant donkey nuts.

haha, i'm sorry man, it's one man design.

^^ Actually, I think the sc40401 is the 3rd Hawaii to hit the market. The 40400 is indeed the definative Hawaii model (100% natural indigo with twill fabric, whereas the 40401 is a 50/50 blend of dyes), and the denim texture/selvedge id on that website looks freakishly similar to those of the sc40400. And NM is where SC get a lot of their denim...

However, the website also states that this is 100% cotton denim they are using, and I don't think they stated it was natural indigo dyed either. I'm thinking the denim this guy is using was created by the same people as the ones who did the SC denim, with similar weave, but without the sugarcane millet blend or natural indigo.

It would be funny though, if those guys in the contest where trying to break in a hank-dyed natural indigo fabric in 6 months :P

it is indeed natural indigo color, I will change the information as soon as I can, for the contest, I'll lengthen it up to 8 months since there is international buyer whose interested jean and I also know that it's tough to break in six months, took about 10-12 days to received the jean when I ship it international as well.

oh and I love your blog indigo shrimp! been reading it all along

thank you for your comment

it is indeed natural indigo color, I will change the information as soon as I can, for the contest, I'll lengthen it up to 8 months since there is international buyer whose interested jean and I also know that it's tough to break in six months, took about 10-12 days to received the jean when I ship it international as well.

oh and I love your blog indigo shrimp! been reading it all along

thank you for your comment

Thanks dude!

Mmm, interesting - so it is 100% natural indigo dyed via hank-dyeing?

But if that' the case, then even 8 months won't be enough. I've been sitting in my Ryuku-ais (which is a similar fabric with natural hank dye) for 2 years now, and they haven't changed that much (well, certainly no competition status).

Nice work on sourcing the denim - and if it's indeed similar to the denim on the sc40400, then your pricing is pretty good.

Would you mind showing some construction details? (seams, crotch-stitches, etc)

I love that the site shows everything a denim nerd geeks about. kind of peculiar sizing, but I will probably buy a pair since I've always wanted to own some AI jeans, but not their pricing. Are the threads cotton or poly-blend?

the jeans look amazing, but I have a hard time believing some of the measurements. Are they actually correct?

I think I'd like to get a pair and join the contest, but I'm worried about the thigh measurement and also a little bit with the leg opening too since I'm not sure if I can pull off something <7".

Can you double check those measurements using the measuring guide here: http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30&Itemid=41

Thanks!

Guest artistdenim
I love that the site shows everything a denim nerd geeks about. kind of peculiar sizing, but I will probably buy a pair since I've always wanted to own some AI jeans, but not their pricing. Are the threads cotton or poly-blend?

thank you, I design the website and take photos by myself, this makes me feel better haha, and thread is 100% cotton, I just called to ask.

the jeans look amazing, but I have a hard time believing some of the measurements. Are they actually correct?

I think I'd like to get a pair and join the contest, but I'm worried about the thigh measurement and also a little bit with the leg opening too since I'm not sure if I can pull off something <7".

Can you double check those measurements using the measuring guide here: http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30&Itemid=41

Thanks!

double check it, it's accurate, the jean fit slim but when you shrink the jean, while it still a little wet just put it on and it will stretch out to fit you perfectly.

Thanks dude!

Mmm, interesting - so it is 100% natural indigo dyed via hank-dyeing?

But if that' the case, then even 8 months won't be enough. I've been sitting in my Ryuku-ais (which is a similar fabric with natural hank dye) for 2 years now, and they haven't changed that much (well, certainly no competition status).

Nice work on sourcing the denim - and if it's indeed similar to the denim on the sc40400, then your pricing is pretty good.

Would you mind showing some construction details? (seams, crotch-stitches, etc)

I'm a man of my word, so i'm really sorry but the contest must go on, I'll give the reward to the best looking pair in 8 months but if you have anything it your mind, I'm very happy to hear your suggestion man, again, I love your blog haha.

stacksimage5031.jpg

I will take the crotch picture soon, but things will change a little, the thread will be more frequent.

here is the picture of the seams the thread will be more frequent in real product.

yeah denim looks really good. looking forward to more fit pics!

sure thing, below is a pre-soak fit by tuxedoman, after soak will come soon

First time when I saw the stitch I didn't like it. but when I see the fit I love it

thank you for the picture man

here is some pre-soak picture from tuxedoman, he will send the after soak fit soon!, the patch looks fade away but it will turn to normal after it dry.

about the waist, it is not big since it is unsanforized denim, it will shrink up to 1.5" - 2" and will stretch approximate 1" - 1.5" inch after 10-15 times of wear.

the picture below will give clear image of the fit

denim look dark due to the soak but will turn to normal color after in has been completely dry

tucky1.jpg

tucky2.jpg

tucky3.jpg

tucky4.jpg

tucky5.jpg

tucky6.jpg

tucky7.jpg

tucky8.jpg

tucky9.jpg

and yes, I really appreciate every comment, and thank for every interest.

thank you

I'm a man of my word, so i'm really sorry but the contest must go on, I'll give the reward to the best looking pair in 8 months but if you have anything it your mind, I'm very happy to hear your suggestion man, again, I love your blog haha.

Those seams look pretty solid!

I guess with a tight fit and the hot, moist weather in Thailand the denim will fade much faster :)

Guest artistdenim
So it's either size up and swim in the waist or size down and choke your legs. This is like a gift from heaven for skinny dudes. I can't fit into jeans with thighs smaller than 11.5 in, and I have a 32 waist. You need to release a straight leg cut of this denim STAT!

yeah I will man, name me the size chart that you think it perfect and I will note that when I make the straight cut!

Those seams look pretty solid!

I guess with a tight fit and the hot, moist weather in Thailand the denim will fade much faster :)

it will be more solid haha, I don't think that hot weather make jean fade faster, to tell you the truth, I like staying at home because it is too hot outside haha

We fat European guys can't compete with the skinny Thailand guys ;)

I reckon slim to skinny cuts are more popular than straight cuts in south east asia. At least in the raw denim community

well yeah, there is some fat Thai guy as well haha, such as me haha, I will make straight cuts after this for sure but it will take sometime :(