Artist Denim

Guest KoCHiRO1985

man I dunno. I think just finding something in between those two would make the most people happy. The regular cut looks like it has a crazy wide leg from the knee down. even if its a drainpipe type fit that looks extreme. and the straight cut looks exactly the same in the top block as the skinny cut. I'm not sure that will look flattering on anybody looking for a straight jean. I'm definitely not an expert, and you have my 100% backing on your product (its been proved to be top notch by this very demanding online community my man) but I'd really research exactly what you want your new fits to actually "FIT" like...because these pairs you posted just don't seem well thought out. i'm sure you're working your ass off on this, but it just needs some refinement.

P.S. be unique of course, but nobody would fault anybody for emulating the ROY fit. best straight (slim) fit i've seen on almost any body type.

^^ The denim is not going to ever be very contrasty as the cores are light blue (and not white) from the number of times the denim was dipped. So I don't think that you'll lose much by not having sharp creases as they only make a difference on jeans that fade with high contrast.

To be less verbose, I think a vintage style (i.e. frequently washed) would suit this denim well. I'll probably give mine a wash soon.

The denim is hank-dyed to the core...unless you wear them super tight in tropical climate without washing them much, they won't give contrasting fades. This is the 40400 denim (which wasn't designed to fade intensely), not the 40401.

man I dunno. I think just finding something in between those two would make the most people happy. The regular cut looks like it has a crazy wide leg from the knee down. even if its a drainpipe type fit that looks extreme. and the straight cut looks exactly the same in the top block as the skinny cut. I'm not sure that will look flattering on anybody looking for a straight jean. I'm definitely not an expert, and you have my 100% backing on your product (its been proved to be top notch by this very demanding online community my man) but I'd really research exactly what you want your new fits to actually "FIT" like...because these pairs you posted just don't seem well thought out. i'm sure you're working your ass off on this, but it just needs some refinement.

P.S. be unique of course, but nobody would fault anybody for emulating the ROY fit. best straight (slim) fit i've seen on almost any body type.

+1

Gun, I hope you don't mind my suggestions.

Maybe the measurements should be something like for the straight fit

waist: 34

front rise: 11

back rise: ~15 (depending on how low you want the rise to be)

Thigh: 12.5-13

Knee: ~8.75

Hem: ~8.25

O yea, these are for post-wash

These are just my thoughts. I think many people around here prefer this fit (correct me if I'm wrong). Anyway, Gun, I can see that you don't slack when it comes to quality. In the end, I'm very confident that you will come up with a fit everyone will be happy with.

I heard about the tailor issue. I admire your determination to create quality jeans. Continue doing what you love. ;)

I just picked my pair up! These are F-ing awesome!!! Great attention to detail and the leatherpatch is sick! Great slubby denim. Everything is straight on POINT!!!

THe shipping was CRAZY fast! And the packaging...don´t even know what to say, just a simple YES!

I´ll post both pics of jeans and fitpics alter on. Now I just gotta chill in my new favorite pair...

Thanks alot Gun!

Welcome to the club, Alex....I believe we are among the very few who wear an artistdenim in Europe, as I understand most so far were delivered to Asia and America.

Enjoy the rough feel, it will go away soon enough....

Guest artistdenim
They do fade reasonably quickly to a very nice lighter blue, a hue that I think fairly frequent washing will help to bring out.

I did a sea wash!

+1

Gun, I hope you don't mind my suggestions.

Maybe the measurements should be something like for the straight fit

waist: 34

front rise: 11

back rise: ~15 (depending on how low you want the rise to be)

Thigh: 12.5-13

Knee: ~8.75

Hem: ~8.25

O yea, these are for post-wash

These are just my thoughts. I think many people around here prefer this fit (correct me if I'm wrong). Anyway, Gun, I can see that you don't slack when it comes to quality. In the end, I'm very confident that you will come up with a fit everyone will be happy with.

I heard about the tailor issue. I admire your determination to create quality jeans. Continue doing what you love. ;)

I think that nudie's slim jim is the best fitting slim straight fit out there. Id love a fit like that. The nudie's website has all their measurements up there.

thanks you, I'll get the fit fix, I'll keep you guys update on this:D

I just picked my pair up! These are F-ing awesome!!! Great attention to detail and the leatherpatch is sick! Great slubby denim. Everything is straight on POINT!!!

THe shipping was CRAZY fast! And the packaging...don´t even know what to say, just a simple YES!

I´ll post both pics of jeans and fitpics alter on. Now I just gotta chill in my new favorite pair...

Thanks alot Gun!

Glad that you like them Alex!

Welcome to the club, Alex....I believe we are among the very few who wear an artistdenim in Europe, as I understand most so far were delivered to Asia and America.

Enjoy the rough feel, it will go away soon enough....

hey man, how are you?:) busy at work?

dsc0020eb.jpg

img0164r.jpg

img0165h.jpg

dsc0036eq.jpg

dsc0048q.jpg

dsc0040o.jpg

dsc0039ps.jpg

Guest artistdenim

as there is many people just request them to patch up their own Jean.

please keep in mind that I cut the fabric by myself, coffee dye the paper by myself, drive out and ship out free swatch, pay the post.

all that just for some people to patch their Jean, also some even ask for the full line of selvedge area.

it's sad to find this out, swatch card will no longer be offer.

Dear Gun-I'm really sorry to read that you feel taken advantage of. It happens, inevitably.

My suggestion: keep offering your swatch cards, but at cost, calculate everything, the fabric, envelope, label, postage, and round it up to the next full amount. I am certain seriously interested people will gladly pay what will still be a very modest amount, and then they can have the added benefit of having a high quality piece of denim for whatever purpose.

To answer your question: I am moderately busy, just normal. I wear my artists faithfully every day.

Your opinion on the fading question would interest me: I've seen both views here: not wash for as long as possible (my instinct as well), which would probably mean a single hot wash at the very end of the competition period. Or on the contrary, wash often to speed up a general vintage look, if not so much strong contrast by individual abrasion. What's your take on this?

Best from Berlin - and don't let your mood be too much affected by some people not acting decently regarding your generosity!

I can't believe you were giving those swatch samples out for free, I was under the impression you were at least charging shipping cost for them. Very sad to hear you're discontinuing them (as I was actually pondering askinf for it it seeing as the recent pictures of your jeans and their evolution are very, very interesting and the regular cut def. has my interest) but totally understandable.

I'd say don't need to send out swatches. You offer only one denim and it is the 40300. People can find extensive information about this denim online, even faded samples. It's not like Ooe Yofukuten where they offer 90 different fabrics and there is a real need for people to see a sample to choose what they like. People dealing with the 40300 know exactly what they are getting.

I'd say don't need to send out swatches. You offer only one denim and it is the 40300. People can find extensive information about this denim online, even faded samples. It's not like Ooe Yofukuten where they offer 90 different fabrics and there is a real need for people to see a sample to choose what they like. People dealing with the 40300 know exactly what they are getting.

it's 40400 dude :D but agree with you. this kind of denim has more information online just take 5 minute to google.

I think the swatch cards are a nice idea, I know that gun sent me one. I have 2 yards of 14.5 oz kiahara denim sitting in my room which is for projects and incase i need a patch. I was just interested in seeing the fabric because it is so unique.

Cant wait for the new fits.

Gun: it you feel like you do, don't offer swatches anymore! People should realize you offer freaking awesome quality denim at a more than respectable price! Keep up the incredibly good work and stay true to what is uniqelly you! I will def rep you everyday! I'm wearing your denim as I write this and they are better th en most "highend" denim out there!

You're service and excellent fabrics and attention to detail will keep me getting back to you in the future as well. But now I got a completely new pair of Artist Denim to wear everyday, to use as my canvas and to keep identifying with!

I'm a truthfully honest and stay true-Artist Denim connosuer forever!

Ally the best from cold blowing Sweden!

//Alex

Guest artistdenim

thanks everyone for all your comment, love you all!

so I decided that swatch card will no longer be available, I think everybody no what this denim actually is and I don't want to sell the watch either.

Here's what I asked tailor to fix.

screenshot20101023at457.jpg

and sample should be out in a few days, hope that it work out this time

Hey Gun, thos stright cuts seem awesome!

I got a ? for you all looking into this thread. I just got my Artis Denims and I did a hot soak a couple of days ago. So now I´m going to wear and tear these bad boys everyday. Are you interested in evopics quite often, to see how these progress? I find them making great evo progress already and I think these will be sick within months...

thanks everyone for all your comment, love you all!

so I decided that swatch card will no longer be available, I think everybody no what this denim actually is and I don't want to sell the watch either.

Here's what I asked tailor to fix.

screenshot20101023at457.jpg

and sample should be out in a few days, hope that it work out this time

The measurements for the straight cut look pretty spot on this time; the only thing is that maybe the thigh could be a little bit bigger?( The reason I say this is because the thigh measurement is close to that of your slim cut ) I can't really give you an opinion on the regular cut as i don't have an affinity for that cut. So you've found a new tailor?

Really? How do you do that? I wear mine now for about a month and a half, daily!!!!!, and there is no trace of evo whatsoever.

Naturally many here will be interested in your pics, especially if there is so much development.

Hey Gun, thos stright cuts seem awesome!

I got a ? for you all looking into this thread. I just got my Artis Denims and I did a hot soak a couple of days ago. So now I´m going to wear and tear these bad boys everyday. Are you interested in evopics quite often, to see how these progress? I find them making great evo progress already and I think these will be sick within months...