Artist Denim

Guest KoCHiRO1985

Guest artistdenim

noob actually mean newbie :D

lance: I plan on starting sewing small accessories myself as a hobby and save up cash to purchase more machines to make a perfect set for jean :D

Italy is really a breathtaking place as you say, I was there when I was a child, went to Rome, see the gladiator stadium, amaze by what men can build

Accessed SuFu from a different computer and could not see Gun's pics.... I seriously expected two shots of his GF, and now it turns out it's the Union Special sewing machine....:D

Guest artistdenim

dudeeeee, right now, i kinda love this more than her :D

anyway I did a quick test on the machine, here's how it operate

here's my workspace

dsc0005pr.jpg

dsc0011cl.jpg

insert size 30 thread on left, size 20 on right, less number mean thicker

dsc0040bf.jpg

I changed this machine to be a right leg user.

dsc0023ki.jpg

step on the left paddle to lift up the needle

dsc00231e.jpg

push my knee on this thing which make the hole in the second picture to move so that I can insert fabric in.

dsc0041d.jpg

dsc0014yr.jpg

step on the right paddle to perform the machine

dsc00232n.jpg

Guest artistdenim

and I can't picture of when it perform since it works really fast

anyway, here's the result, not so good, I need more practices:fu:

dsc0049yd.jpg

dsc0052nq.jpg

here's some extra pics that I took

some numbers on the machine, machine's cap and I don't know what this thing is but it is really beautiful.

dsc0030mz.jpg

dsc0018eo.jpg

dsc0038xa.jpg

Since seeing all those pics of this (indeed beautiful!) old machine, I wonder on what machinery the jeans produced so far (incl. mine.....) were made?

@jackandchoke: precisely my feelings! This is how it goes with these bad boys...you have to go through a couple hard days to get a super denim feel on your skin.

Guest artistdenim
Since seeing all those pics of this (indeed beautiful!) old machine, I wonder on what machinery the jeans produced so far (incl. mine.....) were made?

I will get every info on the machine this time :D

at first the slubbyness is weird feeling, but i'm loving the texture on my skin after a few days of wear.

you'll sure get used to it soon :P

waiting for the straight cut ;) when will it release?

I just talk to a new tailor today, he said that he just finished straight cut pattern, he is working on sample pair, he said it will take him 2-3days to finish he work alone:D

Guest artistdenim

regular.jpg

straightz.jpg

Really sorry about the new cut, tailor keep me on delay, I just got the sample today, took a quick snap.

Release date is still unknown but I'm surely to finish em by next month

I JustNu ordered a pair of slim fits yesterday! Really looking forward to getting them!

Let me know them these badboys have been shipped!

Guest artistdenim
Woohoo!!!! Measurements please!
looks great! what kinda measurements are we looking at?

really sorry about late reply here's measurement

Regular Cut

Waist : 34

Front Rise : 11.5

Back Rise : 14.5

Thigh :12

Knee 10.5

Leg opening : 9.5

Straight Cut

Waist : 34

Front Rise : 10.75

Back Rise : 13.25

Thigh :11

Knee 8.75

Leg opening : 8.5

Here's good news and bad news

bad new is that this tailor failed many detail so I dropped him again, yeah, it sucks I know.

good new is I found another tailor who is suitable for this job, He worked for jean company for around 25-30 years, he is now around 60 years old, both cut will come out next months, I will try to release it as soon as possible.

I JustNu ordered a pair of slim fits yesterday! Really looking forward to getting them!

Let me know them these badboys have been shipped!

post office is closed on saturday and sunday, will get em shipped on monday and I'll surely notify you, don't worry :P

So here's my wear update. Bit more than a full month of faithful daily wear. They've become much more relaxed around the crotch than expected, the legs are as tight as they always were. No fade worth mentioning, only in a specific light (that I doubt I can reproduce with a digi-pic) can I guess where just possibly nice leg fades may some day develop.

I am pondering whether to soak again or not. Pro: might get them tighter on my butt. Con: would not the fade be harmed by a second encounter with water? Any input is welcome.

4uxxl0.jpg

2iigzup.jpg

^^ The denim is not going to ever be very contrasty as the cores are light blue (and not white) from the number of times the denim was dipped. So I don't think that you'll lose much by not having sharp creases as they only make a difference on jeans that fade with high contrast.

To be less verbose, I think a vintage style (i.e. frequently washed) would suit this denim well. I'll probably give mine a wash soon.

Guest artistdenim

here's the new fit pics

what do you guy think?

shall I need to lift up the rise? if so, please tell me how much shall I lift it up.

Straight cut

dsc0086az.jpg

dsc0087f.jpg

dsc0089copycopy.jpg

dsc0090copycopy.jpg

Regular cut

dsc0092l.jpg

dsc0094mg.jpg