Artist Denim

Guest KoCHiRO1985

Nah 13.5 thigh on a size 34 regular cut is perfect. When it shrinks it falls somewhere around 12.75-13.0 and it gives the wearer options. If the wearer wants at very tight fit in the thigh all they have to do is wash hot and Dry get 12.75. If they want a loose fit in the thigh just soak and get 13.0-13.25 in the thigh.

Just got my swatch card in the mail, thanks a lot Gun. I feel like im one of the last to receive a swatch The denim is very interesting, I have never worn unsanforized denim, so inspecting the denim is a very new experience. The weave and weft are very irregular. It is very streaky because it is hand dyed. It is also very hairy. My biggest worry was that the denim would be too light for me and i actually really like the color.

Thanks a lot gun, can't wait for the new fits so i can buy a pair.

Guest artistdenim

just called Tailor, he said that sample will be out tomorrow, hope that it'll work out this time.

I'll get you guys updated when it's out and we'll see if thigh area need to be expand :)

btw, those measurement are raw, not post soak or pre-soak or etc, sry for my english :(

I think the denim looks fabulous. Only it seems really to be a bitch to fade.....

Just got my swatch card in the mail, thanks a lot Gun. I feel like im one of the last to receive a swatch The denim is very interesting, I have never worn unsanforized denim, so inspecting the denim is a very new experience. The weave and weft are very irregular. It is very streaky because it is hand dyed. It is also very hairy. My biggest worry was that the denim would be too light for me and i actually really like the color.

Thanks a lot gun, can't wait for the new fits so i can buy a pair.

Guest artistdenim
i think the denim, price point and his passion for his product are the selling points to be honest. (in no particular order) i definitely like his slim cut, but it's a little behind the other strengths of his brand imho

thank you Shiro, how are you man?

sooo. shrink form tagged size?

yes :)

I think the denim looks fabulous. Only it seems really to be a bitch to fade.....

come on man, not that hard;)

I see my tailor and see the sample pair today,

Good news is that the measurement on regular cut is exactly like this, except I expand the thigh to 13.5"

and expand the thigh of straight cut to 13"

bad news is that he somehow make the bottom hem to 9"

and the bottom hem for straight cut is 8"

So I asked him to redo the sample again, he said it'll finish on 30th.

and he has prepare all the workspace, after sample pair is out, everything will be ready, straight and regular cut will be available around by 15-30th next months

so final measurement will be like this

screenshot20101028at103.jpg

thank you Shiro, how are you man?

yes :)

come on man, not that hard;)

I see my tailor and see the sample pair today,

Good news is that the measurement on regular cut is exactly like this, except I expand the thigh to 13.5"

and expand the thigh of straight cut to 13"

bad news is that he somehow make the bottom hem to 9"

and the bottom hem for straight cut is 8"

So I asked him to redo the sample again, he said it'll finish on 30th.

and he has prepare all the workspace, after sample pair is out, everything will be ready, straight and regular cut will be available around by 15-30th next months

so final measurement will be like this

screenshot20101028at103.jpg

Hey Gun, I just wanted some clarification as to the actual measurements for the straight cut. Above you said that you'd change the bottom hem to 8", then on the official measurements, you posted 8.5". Maybe a typo? :confused:Anyway, I think an 8" hem on the straight cut would defy the definition of a straight cut. That would be a very tapered pair of jeans. May I suggest keeping the hem as 8.25" -8.5" if you are planning on changing the cut at all? I think the 8.5" hem was pretty accurate. If I'm not mistaken, this particular denim shrinks a large amount as well, so an 8" hem will shrink to ~7.75" which is definitely not textbook for a straight cut.

Great move on the thigh measurement...:P

Keep up the good work!:D

Guest artistdenim

yes it will be 8.5 and 9.5

tailor is now fixing the pattern.

and shiro, I plan on doing denim jacket afterward, will use nihon menpu hand dye green selvedge, 40401, Hawaii denim, check my blog artistdenim.wordpress.com I have pics of the actual denim there:)

Guest artistdenim

Hi everyone, sorry for late reply, I had have some difficulty with tailor's team.

hope you guys are fine, I just want to updated some news.

Straight cut and Regular cut sample is finish, measurement is just what I listed before, will try to get fit pics by tomorrow, I'm doing hot soak right now.

and I due problem with tailor's team, I decided to purchase some new machines, so that they can use it

the machines that I bought are

Union Special

Fell Seam Machine

Union Special

BELT LOOP machine

Union Special

single needle sewing machine

Juki

Bartack Machine

Juki

Serger 5 Thread

and button machine

I'll take pictures of them as soon as I can, they are with my tailor right now

I'm really sorry but I have no idea how to post youtube, here's me working with my union 43200G

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk6qYgE_lsM

p.s. about jacket, I plan to do type III, and probably type II as well

Have a good day you all

Gun