Only neg would be the horizon line cutting the frame almost perfectly in half.
yeah definitely agree..

he explained it a few pages back, check it ouuut.

Can I ask you guys if this is a preferential thing, or if it based on the standard rule of 1/3's and the "properness" of it. I am not a trained photographer, so sometimes when I'm shooting landscapes I think the horizon at the 1/2 works, and other times not as much. I'm always trying to learn more and hear more opinions, so that's why I ask.

It makes for a very static shot and in this case a little more bottom would be better so crop at the dark area of the sky would help this already very good image. Remember either everything in the frame is helping your visual statement or hurting it theres never anything in between. Top half is fighting with the bottom half for your eyes attention and the bottom is far more interesting. Take a piece of paper and cover the large light area not the color in the sunset. Bring the paper down so it the dark area above the horizon and below the large lighter area so that is cropped out and the new edge of the frame would have a kinda natural vignette. Maybe a bit of the left of the frame also so the vanishing point isn't dead center.

shiit i wish i could afford a new dslr or at least a lens

i found a polaroid spectra 2 on craigslist for 20bux though

should i buy? i think it would be interesting to have just to fuck with, but i have zero knowledge on polaroid models

also, anyone have tips for a pseudo-studio on a budget?