I went home a fortnight ago and spend the weekend shooting after barely touching my camera for the last 6 months. Felt good.

Apologies for picture overload.

IMG_8559-copy.jpg

IMG_8598.jpg

IMG_8577-copy.jpg

IMG_8813-copy.jpg

25790021.jpg

25790022.jpg

25400020.jpg

last pic was about to cross the road noticed this westerner who kept feeling up this Chinese chick who didn't seem to mind much even though the dude was kinda gross. found it an interesting short story, took the pic as she was about to drop a scarf and the guy picked it up and felt her around some more lol...

Shots of Cerebral Ballzy from last week. They opened for Black Lips, which was one of the better shows I've seen. I was far too fucked up by the time Black Lips came on to carry my camera though...

5867712963_6354b06d7c_z.jpg

5867713683_13b65f6ef8_z.jpg

5867713273_c375dddda4_z.jpg

5871526196_76179339ac_z.jpg

spent an hour in the richard serra retrospective at the met (drunk/high), walking in circles shooting from the hip, of viewers completely baffled at what they were seeing. if you're unfamiliar, this is a collection of a bunch of drawings richard serra did, mostly of huge intimidating BLACK paintstick on paper. literally, big sheets of blackness, it absorbs all the light.

there was a quote he said, that the viewer is the subject. the reactions throughout the exhibit were completely mixed and pretty hilarious to watch. mostly confused people wondering what the hell they were looking at, lol.

Tried to frame my photos differently this time around. Any ideas of some new techniques I could try out?? So far, Ive tried staying at one aperture the whole day, staying at the same focal distance (before i brought a prime), using different framing techniques... Might try shooting from the waist next, but it seems sort of weird to do so with a dslr haha

1a113ed4.jpg

98d4033d.jpg

30eafb2c.jpg