your iphone pics are better

i think these are "too clear/crispy" for you, aren`t they?

i love both somehow...the iphone pics do give the pic a movie-/film kinda touch imo, that`s what makes them look good as well and i think that your pics do also have this touch so you more into them as into the ones with the nikon...?!

yeah, it could be it. these days , out of saving film money i might take the 5D to shoot more than the 35mm and even though it's considered a top notch camera there is something about my preferences that is just aversive towards photos that look too clearly digital, and i'm not 100% happy with them. Your iphone pics have a look and feel to them i can't explain but it comes off as a very raw and stylish photography. My crappy Nokia E71 phone was responsible for some of my favorite pics i've taken to this day.

^so i was right ;)

like i said, i really do love the look of those 1000% clear pics as well as the ones with some "look and feel" like you said...so i enjoy`em all ;)

i hate that there are way too many things to chose from, when buying new camera stuff...a newbie like me really dunno what to pick from all of those things flying around in the market...

Flew out to Oregon and drove to Washington to backpack through North Cascades National Park for 4 days. Ended up kind of boring so we merged 2 days worth of hiking into one mega day and drove back to the Oregon coast to do some more hikes. Some Instagram photos while I wait to process my film:

5904883717_bd8ea98653_z.jpg

5904883647_80d7a230be_z.jpg

The way back was 5 miles from the car, so I had to hitchhike and return to pickup my friends.

5904883549_8a5a4ae6ac_z.jpg

Oregon Coast

heh you're in Hong Kong, I see. Say hi if you run into a 6'4 Chinese guy with glasses around town dressed like a bum with a Contax G2 taking pictures of strangers at a socially inappropriate distance.

nicely spotted heh. i'm still building up that dgaf attitude to shooting strangers. luckily it's a bit easier when your a tourist.

I actually left hk nearly a week ago. was only a short stay (3 nights). didn't get much shooting done actually, although i did find a nice little film camera place near my hotel. the portra was reasonably priced.