photo bros

I want a digital camera. I've been shooting with various dlsrs and rangefinders for a few years, but a digital camera would be useful.

First thought is to, for now atleast, cop a cheaper oldish body and a nice lens. I'd probably want a 50mm 1.8 or 1.4. I'm not sure about the body though. I know I've liked Canons more from all the cameras I've played with.

Would a 20D be passable now? The only thing stopping me from copping that is that I read that it doesn't perform all too well at higher ISO settings and I tend to shoot in low-light a lot. Should I get something newer? I'd like to spend 200-300 on the body for now and spend some on some nice glass.

thanks bros

photo bros

I want a digital camera. I've been shooting with various dlsrs and rangefinders for a few years, but a digital camera would be useful.

First thought is to, for now atleast, cop a cheaper oldish body and a nice lens. I'd probably want a 50mm 1.8 or 1.4. I'm not sure about the body though. I know I've liked Canons more from all the cameras I've played with.

Would a 20D be passable now? The only thing stopping me from copping that is that I read that it doesn't perform all too well at higher ISO settings and I tend to shoot in low-light a lot. Should I get something newer? I'd like to spend 200-300 on the body for now and spend some on some nice glass.

thanks bros

what is your budget?

also d80, maybe find a d90 used (which would blow a 30d out of water) I know you said Canon, but I thought i'd throw that out there. also check out the olympus ep-1 . It has pretty good reviews and takes really good pics.