nostalgic do you think because you shoot with a mamiya and leica it sets you above anyone else automatically? your work doesn't really strike me as spectacular...your third photo looks like you accidentally fired the camera when walking into a room..is there something interesting that I'm missing?

yeah my shit is in museums.

thank you! not yet...still finishing up a photo program at Orange Coast College..then I hope to be! I am shooting for an architect right now to build up my portfolio. This guy: Al Oligino

http://www.oligino.com/galleries/dovey/gallery.asp

(just did a shoot of the house pictured there in that link, will post up a couple shots later)

Well if you got advice for me, let me know cause I'm learning.

P.S.. i'm not hating, I actually really want to know what you think about the photo cause constructive criticism is very beneficial to me.

i think the main reason that nostalgic "loled" was because of the black crop and the name on the photo. most the time when people add that stuff to a photo it is usually a visually stunning landscape or a groundbreaking photo (all tho i think that crap looks stupid on any photo).. but in your case it just seems unnecessary. my advice is to leave the black crop and the name out. keep shooting and dont be scared to post more photos in this thread!

sorry if that paragraph sounds weird or doesnt make sense.. i just blazed an L and had trouble explaining myself lol.

i think the main reason that nostalgic "loled" was because of the black crop and the name on the photo. most the time when people add that stuff to a photo it is usually a visually stunning landscape or a groundbreaking photo (all tho i think that crap looks stupid on any photo).. but in your case it just seems unnecessary. my advice is to leave the black crop and the name out. keep shooting and dont be scared to post more photos in this thread!

sorry if that paragraph sounds weird or doesnt make sense.. i just blazed an L and had trouble explaining myself lol.

Lol that makes sense. I thought it kinda looked like Tron or some weird shit so I went for a cinematic look. Guess it didn't work. I like doing portraits better

5049000977_4f2894902c_z.jpg

your architecture work is really good. very clean framing, excellent negative/positive space, and your shots tend to guide the eye very well across the image.

Can't rep must spread but nicely done.