i need better gear. i mean i make due with what i have, but if i'm going to be a pro and everything, i'm gonna have to get something to replace my 10D and 18-50 sigma lens lol. really want the 16-35mm L. think i'll save for that first because prices are constant, whereas prices for the 5Ds are always dropping.

i need better gear. i mean i make due with what i have, but if i'm going to be a pro and everything, i'm gonna have to get something to replace my 10D and 18-50 sigma lens lol. really want the 16-35mm L. think i'll save for that first because prices are constant, whereas prices for the 5Ds are always dropping.

What do you need a new camera for that your present one won't let you do now? If anything I'd just get a better lens opposed to the Sigma. But your shots are still rad.

As long as I have a f/1.8 lens on my hands, I'm ready for anything.

What do you need a new camera for that your present one won't let you do now? If anything I'd just get a better lens opposed to the Sigma. But your shots are still rad.

As long as I have a f/1.8 lens on my hands, I'm ready for anything.

*better image quality especially at ISOs over.... 100.

*would like more megapixels for really big prints. i don't like to go below 150 dpi when printing and that gets me to about 13x19 with the 10D. people want bigger prints.

*faster startup

*faster image processor/menu system

*bigger frame buffer

*full frame

*better low light focusing

*more viewfinder coverage

*more focus points

i could go on. obviously since i'm still using a camera from like 2003, i'm a strong believer in skill being more important than the latest and greatest gear and that you can take a great photo with anything, but i'd be kidding myself if i said i didn't need better equipment for doing it professionally. especially in a competitive field like photography. not only do you need every little advantage in image quality you can get, but some people, usually the ones doing the hiring, can be ignorant and pretentious enough to go with someone else just because they have a better camera. :/

...but some people, usually the ones doing the hiring, can be ignorant and pretentious enough to go with someone else just because they have a better camera. :/

I hear you. I've definitely seen that scenario before. And it bothers me when I see one's gears list consist of $5,000+ worth of gear, but yields the results of a 2 year old taking a photograph.