This photo is excellent. Good view, atmosphere. Where were you standing?

Thought I posted this already but couldnt find it... anyway ::

3642287296_046de4a671.jpg

Edit :: also this one

yo guys. I have started a new flickr project called "samesies"

http://samesies.tumblr.com/

http://www.flickr.com/groups/samesies/

the idea is that people can essentially take the same photo as someone else without realising. another guy and me are compiling them in a blog. follow and join.

for some reason i really, absolutely love this idea. not because of the similarities really, but because it allows us to view two similar photographs and get completely opposite feelings from them. It really forces the viewer to pick out small details in each that a quick glance just wouldn't reveal, making each photo more interesting even when seeing its (in some cases almost identical) counterpart.

for some reason i really, absolutely love this idea. not because of the similarities really, but because it allows us to view two similar photographs and get completely opposite feelings from them. It really forces the viewer to pick out small details in each that a quick glance just wouldn't reveal, making each photo more interesting even when seeing its (in some cases almost identical) counterpart.

thanks very much corter, i totally agree with what you are saying. at first i didn't believe that it would be anything more than identical pictures but it has put a whole new perspective on viewing photography.

another aspect of it is that it is an original way for people to get to know good photographers. one of my main objectives with it is to get people to know about all these amazing photographers from every corner of the globe. it's going really well at the moment and we've found loads of different unimaginable pictures that are similar.

i recently bought a canon ae-1 off of ebay but then i suddenly remembered that my dad has a canon eos 10s that i can use. my mom isn't going to let me sell the eos for sentimental reasons so my question is: which is the superior camera and if the eos is better should i sell the ae-1 on craigslist or keep both?

i recently bought a canon ae-1 off of ebay but then i suddenly remembered that my dad has a canon eos 10s that i can use. my mom isn't going to let me sell the eos for sentimental reasons so my question is: which is the superior camera and if the eos is better should i sell the ae-1 on craigslist or keep both?

why would you sell it in the first place, shame on your part.

The decisive moment.

Cartier-bresson anyone?

mmmmmm? +rep

edit: +rep es no bueno, must spread :(

i'll get you next time gadget..