hope you got a 5D or better because using that thing on a crop sensor would be a waste

actually i heard that such a wide angle could make impossible taking picture on a full frame dslr. the image is impressive enough on a cropped sensor.

Hi guys, recently had my first attempt on sunrise shots. It wasn't an intended photoshoot, I just happened to be there, so I thought hey why not?

I've received some bad comments about it, and I don't really think it's great too, but I want to improve on it. So critique away and help me improve sufu.

Thanks guys! :)

3548032673_b35af5fa23.jpg?v=0

I have no idea why it turned out so small when i uploaded it on flickr.

3548033335_4c9cca143b.jpg?v=0

actually i heard that such a wide angle could make impossible taking picture on a full frame dslr. the image is impressive enough on a cropped sensor.

Excuse my lack of knowledge, but why would a full frame with such a wide angle make it impossible to take a picture?

a FF with the 8mm is pretty much full 180 degrees (a tiny bit is missing at the top and bottom). you can point the camera upwards and you'll have a 360 degree panorama as well as the entire sky.

on a cropped sensor it will look more like the typical wide angle skate movie type picture.

depends on what you're looking for i guess

Guest bambam

come onnnnn what do you expect them to do? university gonna cure or put down every cat on an island? doing the best they can basically its most realistic solution how can u hate

^^ those are snapshots and really don't belong in this thread.

1. Overexposed by about 0.5 stops. Subject matter is not interesting and framing is very weird with half of the right eye cut-off by the crop. Also, I find the reflection of the photographer in the eye of the model to be distracting. The girl seems to be lively and having fun in this photo--that being the only redeeming value.

2. Flash fill! I understand asymmetric subject placement, but cutting off an arm from the shoulder down is unseemly. Furthermore, the model's expression is not particularly interesting or evocative

3. Shitty overhead/harsh lighting. Dude looks creepy, bizzy is fake/half-smiling, background is distracting and not thrown far enough out of focus and has too much range in color and brightness

3568919039_bc08e40a48.jpg

playin around with a slight vignetting. i think it looks kinda silly though..

3568918585_f2ab8573dc.jpg

3568918789_4da313e8a4.jpg

3569730158_f91aace8bb.jpg

"GET PITTED '09" ally cat - eugene oregon. i helped put it on. this is only some of the people

3569730328_72a5549cf9.jpg

3569729920_584c6096a5.jpg

3569729164_7eecb46c83.jpg

natural vignetting when done correctly works so well and really adds to the tones of the photo.

Shopping for a rolleiflex 2.8 under $1000 is coming along pretty slowly, im getting close i think though.