Some shots from a test shoot with my friend Lenne.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

hmm. for a portrait, you really cant see much of her face. and sorry to say, its not quite her body or her clothes thats pleasing either if thats what you were going for.

fix her hair and brighten up her facial expression a bit. she looks like a robot.

im not even start on the terrible processing you did.

all film should be refridgerated at the store preferably

the diff between pro films and consumer films (not really so strict anymore) is that pro films have an emulsion that is ready to be used in the near future, while the consumer film's emulsion is formulated to be sitting on shelves for a while

i freeze all my film, i buy lots at a time and even though it goes quick, there is no reason not to freeze really.

Thanks kenmon i didnt realize film should be kept cold.. im learning by doing. i never took classes on it. =\

will refrigerate my film from now on - im all for quality

edit: would rep you if i could...

that hair sucks

there is no connection

you turned her skin into mush

shes posed awkwardly

agreed, alittle too much airbrushing on her skin. alittle bit is to hide away blemishs or unwanted rinkles or something but why liquify her skin?

Will take note of that and be more careful on the processing.

Thanks. :)

she/he has crotch bulge ... shemale maybe?
Or it's a hairy one...

This kind of talk is not needed, nor it is constructive.

hmm. for a portrait, you really cant see much of her face. and sorry to say, its not quite her body or her clothes thats pleasing either if thats what you were going for.

fix her hair and brighten up her facial expression a bit. she looks like a robot.

im not even start on the terrible processing you did.

Thanks for the input, will do better the next time. :)

but if all pictures had to be among the most interesting, no one would post here. it's good to have diversity, and being able to choose the photos/styles we prefer, i think that it's what make this thread one of my favorite one on superfuture.

Completely agree.

If this wasn't the case, I would never post any of my mediocre images in here. This thread is good to get constructive feedback from some of the better photographers, but still feel comfortable because you're amongst photographers of the same level (give or take a few).

The fact that this is a fashion/travel board gives the photography aspect a non-threatening environment to showcase work (other than the douche bag kennmon, stfu). Its more about sharing pics we enjoyed shooting, instead of trying to "WOW" everyone with every post.

2715748499_c0120ab58c.jpg

Thanks kenmon i didnt realize film should be kept cold.. im learning by doing. i never took classes on it. =\

Just make sure to let it come to room temperature before loading it to keep any moisture out of your camera, if I remember correctly.

refrigeration/freezing slows down the breakdown of emulsion, its the opposite of keeping it in a hot car for instance

if you are keeping them in the original canisters, you dont have to worry about condensation too much

anyone on here play around with lomo type shit? (holgas, seagulls and other assorted shit-quality but fun medium format cameras?) I've been fucking around with x-processing quite a bit as of late, I'll post some shit once I scan it.

anyone on here play around with lomo type shit? (holgas, seagulls and other assorted shit-quality but fun medium format cameras?) I've been fucking around with x-processing quite a bit as of late, I'll post some shit once I scan it.

probably, there are a bunch of easily trendable hipster types on here.

holgas are fun, but the other lomo shit is wack and terribly overpriced for the faddish crap that it is.

x-pro bores me too, even though ive done alot of it and still do

probably, there are a bunch of easily trendable hipster types on here.

holgas are fun, but the other lomo shit is wack and terribly overpriced for the faddish crap that it is.

x-pro bores me too, even though ive done alot of it and still do

I shot and x-pro'd 120 film in photo class senior year of high school (I'm 22 now...do the math) I didn't just pick up a holga from Urban Outfitters and claim lomographer status like a large majority of heads are doing nowadays. Seagulls are super fun, not really a lomo camera (not like a supersampler or some shit) it's actually a super cheap hassleblad knock off made in china I believe. Fun, cheap.

I shot and x-pro'd 120 film in photo class senior year of high school (I'm 22 now...do the math) I didn't just pick up a holga from Urban Outfitters and claim lomographer status like a large majority of heads are doing nowadays. Seagulls are super fun, not really a lomo camera (not like a supersampler or some shit) it's actually a super cheap hassleblad knock off made in china I believe. Fun, cheap.

you believe wrong, if you are talking about seagull tlr's

and besides, you can get a mammy or yashy tlr for the price that the decent seagulls go for

"heads" these days love getting analraped by lomo for shitty film and shittier cameras

omgz, u are teh og of xpro.

all film should be refridgerated at the store preferably

the diff between pro films and consumer films (not really so strict anymore) is that pro films have an emulsion that is ready to be used in the near future, while the consumer film's emulsion is formulated to be sitting on shelves for a while

i freeze all my film, i buy lots at a time and even though it goes quick, there is no reason not to freeze really.

kodiak - not meant to single you out, just came into the thread and your pics were last up

likewise, Epoc - no, just no.

refrigerating film is good, freezing film is not. if your freezer is to cold it can fuck up the emulsion as much as being in heat

refrigerating film is good, freezing film is not. if your freezer is to cold it can fuck up the emulsion as much as being in heat

haha proof?

because whatever you are gonna come up with out of your ass, i have 10x more experience etc that says you are wrong.

Not exactly. If you freeze film it stops the aging in its tracks. You just have to be careful to leave it wrapped and let if come up to room temp (several hours) before you use it. I'm a pro and have done it for decades. In fact I have film in my freezer thats over 10 years old. Kodak makes professional film that are made to be frozen until you use them. On consumer films they guess the shelf life so the film will be rip when you shoot it. With professional films Kodak ripens the film and freezes it so that you shoot it and process it right away for the ultimate in color accuracy.

Not exactly. If you freeze film it stops the aging in its tracks. You just have to be careful to leave it wrapped and let if come up to room temp (several hours) before you use it. I'm a pro and have done it for decades. In fact I have film in my freezer thats over 10 years old. Kodak makes professional film that are made to be frozen until you use them. On consumer films they guess the shelf life so the film will be rip when you shoot it. With professional films Kodak ripens the film and freezes it so that you shoot it and process it right away for the ultimate in color accuracy.

cool i usually just refrigerate my film, didn't know u could freeze it as well =x