Hey photoniggas, I know there's thread about buying cameras but I don't feel like bumping them. I want a new camera, film more than likely. I have a Yashica Electro 35 GSN that's pretty fun, good for low-light and a Nikon EM for everyday shooting. I'm thinking of getting an AF SLR. I want something I can mess with more (both of the cameras I have are Aperture Priority). I was thinking Nikon F100?

sidney recommended an Minolta/Pentax/etc. Will I have any trouble finding lenses for those? I'd like to mess with that some.

Thanks.

^ I shoot Pentax and its not that hard finding second-hand lenses around local camera stores and eBay. Prices are getting a bit higher cos everyones after them for their digital bodies. (I had a guy trying to sell me secondhand prime lenses for some ridiculous prices.)

Anyways, have you ever considered messing around with a rangefinder?

I have been accepted as a BFA photography major to Scool of the Art Institute of Chicago, School of Visual Arts, California College of the Arts and is still waiting to hear from San Francisco Art Institute. Though I'm focused on SVA or SAIC, I'm not sure which school should I choose. I would appreciate any advice and insights. Thanks :D

the guy that brokered the deal for the sale of that richard prince photo that was the most expensive photograph ever (at the time, it's now third) came to my school and talked to my photo class...

he was kind of a douche bag...

i probably shouldn't say this since he is pretty much the best person to be represented by in the photo world, but oh well.