also, what is a good entry level medium format camera for me to aim for sometime in future? [edit, other than holga, diana.. i was looking at bronica though seems nice..]

also, for my 35mm, how much does the body matter, or should i just focus on lenses..

^ if youre looking for a cheap medium format I'm a strong supporter of the Yashica twin lens reflex cameras. It is kind of tricky to get used to the waist finder position, but i think it works great. they have a sharp true lens, sturdy body and can be found on ebay in good condition for a decent price. I have a Yashica LM ( light meter ) which works perfectly

478265535_73a3c2738c.jpg

if you've got some money there is only one camera you need, and that is a hasselblad 500c -- the older ones are just as good if not better than the new ones and all the yuppies dont want them cause theyre not digital so you can get them for around 800 bucks (a steal)

for 35mm the shutter is very important, so you want a camera with a good shutter. I prefer a completely manual camera so I use a nikon F2. its an old camera but 100% mechanical so the only thing you have to replace is the light meter battery, and it has a great shutter and wont wear out. it uses manual focus lenses, which to me, are sharper and easier to use. i tend to think that lenses are of more importance when it comes to digital since 35mm isnt THAT high res.(dont get me wrong lenses are very important for film, but i think things like grain size can make the lens less important in 35mm.) overall it depends on what youre shooting, so I always stick to a lens that i know wont let me down.

sorry for the long-winded nerdfest

Guess i should probably post this now...a year or so over due but i finally got a website!

It can be viewed at: www.carlkiilsgaard.com for now.

This week i think it gets transferred to www.carlkiilsgaardphoto.com but both should work.

i love how all your photos have such a dramatic feel to it.

Guess i should probably post this now...a year or so over due but i finally got a website!

This week i think it gets transferred to www.carlkiilsgaardphoto.com but both should work.

The site looks great Carl. I had seen photos of the Shell family here and there, but they come together on the site beautifully.

also, what is a good entry level medium format camera for me to aim for sometime in future? [edit, other than holga, diana.. i was looking at bronica though seems nice..]

also, for my 35mm, how much does the body matter, or should i just focus on lenses..

yashica 124 or 124g

both are late model TLR's

if you are looking into them, ask me for more info, there are some things you need to know b4 you buy

other choices (6x6 format) are the bronica sq series and hasselblad 500c

budget? style of shooting? what do you want to shoot?

yashica 124 or 124g

both are late model TLR's

if you are looking into them, ask me for more info, there are some things you need to know b4 you buy

other choices (6x6 format) are the bronica sq series and hasselblad 500c

budget? style of shooting? what do you want to shoot?

budget is under around 300-500.. i know I can just save some more and get a hasselblad but I want to start somewhere else.. i shoot a lot of random street stuff, people, etc... also, would love to know those things i would need to know..

thanks

budget is under around 300-500.. i know I can just save some more and get a hasselblad but I want to start somewhere else.. i shoot a lot of random street stuff, people, etc... also, would love to know those things i would need to know..

thanks

google up on the yashica 124 or 124g, and if you have any other questions ask me

either that or the bronica would suit your needs, a good yash should be under 200 on ebay.

i'm up in maine, and i've been shooting mostly film (don't really use my digi much these days). heres just a couple light checks and all, that actually came out okay. just levels on em (and another BW attempt), i'm not sure why the sky looks patchy in the first, i think my sensor's super dirty as i haven't cleaned it in like 2 years. it's beautiful up here

2670000193_b7c6fd69c3.jpg

2670824642_8edb70a71a.jpg

is all the stuff on there photoshopped? the contrasts are much different than your palm beach stuff.

i am also looking to get into medium format film in about half a year. I would like a waist finder-SLR medium format camera, but im not sure which to get, i like the Norita 66 w/ the 80mm f2.0 seems nice, but they are pretty rare. Help?

i am also looking to get into medium format film in about half a year. I would like a waist finder-SLR medium format camera, but im not sure which to get, i like the Norita 66 w/ the 80mm f2.0 seems nice, but they are pretty rare. Help?

i shoot with a bronica SQ, it's very nice and cost me $300 for the whole setup (i pieced it together myself)

i'd recommend it to start off, you really don't need anything more

wow good shit but i have a question for you. how are you able to put yourself in the position to take pictures of the shell family?

Thanks for the comments. Site is officially live.

is all the stuff on there photoshopped? the contrasts are much different than your palm beach stuff.

Yeah, all of it is worked on in photoshop. The site was a premade one from livebooks (i won it, holla!) and the whole importing the photos into the flash based program gave me more trouble then i even care to think about. I had to retone each individual picture and i still think most of them look like shit as far as toning goes. Oh well.

is that his family family blood family

No. Not blood related. I consider them to be apart of my family now and they do the same to me. Hell, i see them more then my real family back in Oregon.

And as to how i got those pictures? Time, time, and more fucking time spent with them. Those pictures represent over two years of work.

Where was this shot taken? I love the atmosphere

looks like paris to me, 6th arr or something. can be another city though, i hope no so i don't feel like a stupid ass.