ETERNAL 811 Contest 10/10/10 - 12/12/12

beatle

More than anything (strictly IMO), these contests are mostly about camaraderie and a bunch of denim geeks sharing their passion towards denim on the internet through documentation and more than anything, living their lives wearing one pair of jeans for a set amount of time in conjunction with others around the world. All this talk about pricing etc. is taking away from the original spirit of the contest and frankly in the end you either decide to participate or not. If you're in, sure a little competitiveness is all in the fun but let's try not to derail before things even start...

Very nicely said.

:D

Even if these jeans are $300, that's still cheaper then any Self Edge collab, or way cheaper then a lot of the Iron Heart (for example) products

I dont like how you are bringing SE prices into this dicussion...

but let me give you a little more info?

SE prices include worldwide shipping! that's big for alot of people! esp when i have to add an extra $45 shipping when i buy from BIG.

But i'm sure Gordon wil come through, and give us an awesome deal!

I hate all this fucking price discussion. Can you all just sit back and wait?

Agree. Plebs be trippin' over dimes, real ballers only over the beautiful shade of indigo that will come through the screen when i post the rags that's left after two years!

More than anything (strictly IMO), these contests are mostly about camaraderie and a bunch of denim geeks sharing their passion towards denim on the internet through documentation and more than anything, living their lives wearing one pair of jeans for a set amount of time in conjunction with others around the world. All this talk about pricing etc. is taking away from the original spirit of the contest and frankly in the end you either decide to participate or not. If you're in, sure a little competitiveness is all in the fun but let's try not to derail before things even start...

we're all so proud that money isn't an issue for you, but some of us can't just pull an extra hundred bucks out of our asses. As much as I'd like to participate in this contest, $300 is out of the question for me. I'm headed to college in a few months, and I have bigger fish to fry. If these are under $250, I might be in, but otherwise I'll be getting a pair of ROYs.

^It's all for the love of denim my good man...If it's really worth it to you you'll come up with the funds somehow! I somehow survived my years of college despite my denim addiction (selling books as soon as you're done with them, surviving off ramen, not getting that extra drink at the bar/liquor store if you don't need it)...it all adds up and you still have till October to save so no worries! BTW, you can't go wrong with Roy's...brilliant jeans!

I dont like how you are bringing SE prices into this dicussion...

but let me give you a little more info?

SE prices include worldwide shipping! that's big for alot of people! esp when i have to add an extra $45 shipping when i buy from BIG.

But i'm sure Gordon wil come through, and give us an awesome deal!

I have to say , "free shipping" is good marketing. People see "free" and instantly think they have an amazing deal. You see, some shop prices have the shipping fee already in the price. What it means, is that those that buy in store or who live in NA are really paying a little extra to compensate for the overseas sales. At BiG, we are paying for the jean and just the actual cost of shipping. You pay $45 because you live in NZ, unless you move, plan on paying that every time you buy a jean, if you have a problem with it, move to NYC and buy it in the store.

All I was saying that for a collaboration, the jeans are a reasonable price (well the 811BG is, don't know about this contest jean yet) compared to many of SE's collabs (several of which I own, so there's absolutely no hate). Once again, dawai69, you get it wrong and like a lemon, go around negative repping people like you are the holy sufu police. And really? "Let me give you some info"? Are you The Denim God or something. Seriously, negative repping just makes for a crap atmosphere. My rep bar awaits you dawai69...

Bring on the pre-orders!

Okay - Gordon has everything ready - just sorting out some stuff with Sufu.

Preorder link was supposed to be up last night - due to some friendly evaluations it has been put on hold.

I will update once it's confirmed.

Once again, dawai69, you get it wrong and like a lemon, go around negative repping people like you are the holy sufu police. And really? "Let me give you some info"? Are you The Denim God or something. Seriously, negative repping just makes for a crap atmosphere. My rep bar awaits you dawai69...

This isnt the place to discuss about Rep points, but since you started it....

only noobs like you care SO MUCH about the rep system. seriousily? does one rep point count that much? IF you made a stupid post, then I have the right to disagree. on top of that, You even negged me back. just Calm down dude... case ended.

Cant wait to pre-order a pair!

sweet, might have to pick these up but I've read that the fit is not so forgiving for people with skinny legs and no butt (hipflare!)