what are you reading today?

almondcrush

I just finished reading The Curious Incident of a Dog in the Night-Time. This mpve; is stylistically unique; I haven't read a book that is as animated as this novel. The novel follows a first person narrative of an autistic child who tries to solve a murder of a dog, in the process discovering something that is much more that he could handle. Much more than he could handle, I mean that literally. Being an autistic child he cannot comprehend with some of life's challenges, which causes him to misconstrue the things that he learns in his search. The author presents this through some very amazing style of writing. I would reccomend this book for anyone who wants to read some modernism.

I just finished reading The Curious Incident of a Dog in the Night-Time. This mpve; is stylistically unique; I haven't read a book that is as animated as this novel. The novel follows a first person narrative of an autistic child who tries to solve a murder of a dog, in the process discovering something that is much more that he could handle. Much more than he could handle, I mean that literally. Being an autistic child he cannot comprehend with some of life's challenges, which causes him to misconstrue the things that he learns in his search. The author presents this through some very amazing style of writing. I would reccomend this book for anyone who wants to read some modernism.

^great book.

today I read the wall street journal on the way to work and I'm rereading the picture of dorian gray during lunch...

tweedlesinpink i been doing alot of reading lately actually! ive read Bill Oreilly's "No spin zone" (to basically enlighten myself on both sides of the story) also read Chomsky's "Imperial Ambitions" , Chomsky on "Anarchy", also read "Johnnys Got A Gun" (forget the authors name), and i got a copy of "Live From Death Row" by Mumia Abu Jamal to read on my vacation also

Finished Murakami's After Dark. Not impressed at all. I'd be interested to hear feedback from the fans on this board.

Haven't read this yet - waiting for it release in paperback first. I'll read it, but I won't expect to be impressed at all - not even to think that it was good. His books are all very similar.. the first couple I read were ok, then after a while it suddenly seemed like I was watching Austin Powers, then Austin Powers 2, then Austin Powers 3...

speaking of Murakami.. which are his "best ones"? Ive read Wild Sheep Chase, Dance dance dance and kafka on the shore, all which I enjoyed a lot, especially the 2 last mentioned. Where do I go from here?

I agree with feather - read Wind-Up Bird next - then maybe go onto Hardboiled Wonderland. I am going to read Norwegian Wood while camping this week.