Buzz Rickson

partytaco

Two inches shorter would have been too short for me.

I can't agree more. I just tried on my Heather Gray one, and if it was two inches shorter I'd have to sell it.

I'm assuming the crewnecks on the Buzz Rickson Website are the "new" versions... correct me if I'm wrong. I only question it because the sizing on the website doesn't really match up with what Self Edge provided.

[quote=Layne;2871879

I'm assuming the crewnecks on the Buzz Rickson Website are the "new" versions... correct me if I'm wrong. I only question it because the sizing on the website doesn't really match up with what Self Edge provided.

Those are the new sweats, i ordered a grey L and the fit is very good, i like the extra lenght because i have a long upper torso.

i have an old one in black and it fits very short on me, if i blouse this new one a bit it's a very vintage looking fit, the old one i keep pulling down instead.

The subdued red is fire too! Might also order it.

Mudd & Gold are very expensive, they charge rip-off shipping charges.

Just got word that we're getting restocks of the new sweats in a few weeks including XXL of the gray one.

BR Pea Coat just came in and--forgive me for asking, as I've never owned this sort of jacket before--but is the second button from the bottom--on the fastening side-- supposed to be loose in comparison to the others?

No, but they're done by hand and not automated so they vary in how loose they sit on the coat. It's like this on almost all the coats they've ever shipped us over the five years we've been stocking this. We've yet to have a customer email us about a button coming off so it seems that they're still secure.

Those are the new sweats, i ordered a grey L and the fit is very good, i like the extra lenght because i have a long upper torso.

i have an old one in black and it fits very short on me, if i blouse this new one a bit it's a very vintage looking fit, the old one i keep pulling down instead.

The subdued red is fire too! Might also order it.

Mudd & Gold are very expensive, they charge rip-off shipping charges.

would you mind sharing a pic please Mich?

Thanks for the response, kiya. In the event that it does fall off, i'm assuming--hoping-- it's a simple repair that a tailor can handle?

Yeah, it's very simple putting a button back on a jacket like that. Like i said, there's so much thread used that you'd really have to try and cut it for it to come off.

would you mind sharing a pic please Mich?

Here you go sir!

Grey is the new type, washed once with zero shrinkage, black is the old model, it's been washed numerous times.

Sorry if the pics came out a little big, imageshack doesn't resize correctly when i upload on my iPad.

imagewcg.jpg

imageway.jpg

imagexkv.jpg

imagekds.jpg

They fit different but i can't say which i like better, the extra lenght is welcome to me, but when worn not really a noticeable difference imo.

The sleeves on the black one feel a little narrower, i like that, and the neck is wider.

The fabric on the old sweat does feel thicker, but i don't know if it's actually heavier, might be just difference in feel inbetween colours due to used materials.

Thanks guys.

They're both size large Pomata, the difference in lenght is especially noticeable in the back, the black sweat always creeps up exposing my back and that's not comfortable.

Too bad though they apparantly changed fabrics for lighter weight ones, the old one is warm as hell even in wintertime.

Mich, very nice style.

Are the boots Lone Wolf? They look awesome and really complement your outfit.

Can you tell me which type they are?

Thanks

Thanks for the compliment, they are indeed Lone Wolf Carpenter boots in brown.

Anyone miss out on this season's Buzz Rickson's Pea Coat in size 38? I'd like to sell it rather than get the store credit. Brand new, never worn, all tags still attached.

$800 OBO shipped to North America]. I would like to move this fast, so first close offer will likely snag.

I don't like the fact that in order for it to look "awesome" it needs to be done up at all times. Occasionally, I like to throw on my jackets and rock them undone--some would say freely-- and the hassle of buttoning this extraordinary garment will prove to be more cumbersome than I care to entertain.

I don't like the fact that in order for it to look "awesome" it needs to be done up at all times.

This is every peacoat I've ever seen or at least tried on.

Best of luck with the sale, it's a great coat.... my size too but I'm not in the market.

• 2 months later...

Haven't tried the new sweats yet...how does the thickness of these new ones compare to previous years'?

Significantly less thick... it feels slightly more ordinary, a real pity actually.

Significantly less thick... it feels slightly more ordinary, a real pity actually.

Very sad face :unsure:

BR was one of the few which actually made sweats big enough for me...

Edited by mikecch

^ I haven't felt a Strike Gold one in person yet - seems like I'll have to one of these days, thanks for the tip!

Though, 43 across the chest in the large would be a fairly tight fit for me, not sure I can pull it off.

Just miss the days when BR was good old 12 oz fabric, and cheap as bananas on Rakuten every winter ^_^

Though, even in the "old" days I thought BR's fabric isn't as good as others - it pills more easily, and the brushed interior looses it's softness more quickly over time...seems like it's not the old fashioned "hanging" loop-wheel, but rather made on a cotton sinker of some sort. The stitches also weren't as solid as the more expensive brands either.

I was told by a rather large stockist of Toyo products to try Whitesville's sweats instead though - apparently the fabric is better, and they're only about $10 more expensive.