motorcycles caused me strife

wild style

Apologies for the crappy phone pictures, I don't usually have my real camera in the garage when I'm working on my motorcycle.

So, this is what my bike looked like before I took it apart to take it to the powder coater.

I'm going to try and get it put together and running before the movers come and get my stuff towards the end of June, otherwise it won't be until the end of the year in Las Vegas that it will be finished.

I plan on putting a fender and sissybar on the back, just waiting on that to arrive.

I'll take more pictures and update when it comes back from the powder coater and I start final assembly.

photo-1.jpg

bikerear.jpg

handlebarscloseup.jpg

Apologies for the crappy phone pictures, I don't usually have my real camera in the garage when I'm working on my motorcycle.

So, this is what my bike looked like before I took it apart to take it to the powder coater.

I'm going to try and get it put together and running before the movers come and get my stuff towards the end of June, otherwise it won't be until the end of the year in Las Vegas that it will be finished.

I plan on putting a fender and sissybar on the back, just waiting on that to arrive.

I'll take more pictures and update when it comes back from the powder coater and I start final assembly.

photo-1.jpg

bikerear.jpg

handlebarscloseup.jpg

awesome.

post the finished pictures when you get them!

Have to spread rep it seems..

Any reason that why you didn´t go with regular z bars?

It looks a bit busy on those bars.

Of course no deal breaker, just curious why you went with those.

http://www.chingcame.com/ chingcame motorcycle & biker is quite good.

The first time I saw a picture of the attack bars I really liked them. Z-bars are nice and i'll probably put them on a build in the future. Something more period correct.

I do agree, it is really busy on the bars but I think when you run a front brake the master cylinder is going to be an eyesore.

Just got this today... my third bike, i have been instructed to sell at least one of them, which will probably be my non-functioning 25 year old Kawasaki.

gz2501.jpg

gz2502.jpg

First bike, Honda CBR250RR

424212d4.jpg

Second bike, Honda CBR250RR

mycib.jpg

Currently waiting for the 09 R1, can't wait to test ride it..

Haha those photos are from an Australian section of the CBR250 forums.. They are not your's :) I'm guessing that you used to have similar colour and year right?

Haha those photos are from an Australian section of the CBR250 forums.. They are not your's :) I'm guessing that you used to have similar colour and year right?

Hah! They are my bikes and my photos. I posted them on the CBR forum ages ago under the same user name :)

Are you still on them? What do / did you post under?

• 2 weeks later...

Figured it was a waste of time to put this in SuperMarket...

800cc. Fast as fuck for a 30 year old bike. Amazing shape, absolutely zero cosmetic damage. No dents, scratches etc.

Engine has been rebuilt, custom seat, carbs cleaned frequently. Custom built shifting mechanism to replace shitty stock hang-wire. You may never find an airhead that runs this well.

Available near Philly if anyone is interested, looking for 4K-ish.

bikek.jpg

Figured it was a waste of time to put this in SuperMarket...

800cc. Fast as fuck for a 30 year old bike. Amazing shape, absolutely zero cosmetic damage. No dents, scratches etc.

Engine has been rebuilt, custom seat, carbs cleaned frequently. Custom built shifting mechanism to replace shitty stock hang-wire. You may never find an airhead that runs this well.

Available near Philly if anyone is interested, looking for 4K-ish.

bikek.jpg

I would pick this up in an instant if you were in the bay area. oh yeah, and if i had a little more cash.

can someone advise me on which bike to choose at the msf course ? Should I go for the dirt bike / sports / or cruiser ? Im planning on riding a sport bike but Id rather pick a different one if its easier to learn on.

I've been to two different courses and all they had were Honda Rebels... One course had some Nighthawks.

• 2 weeks later...

i want a cheap(<$2000) motorcycle/scooter/moped jawn. i don't need something powerful a small displacement (<250cc) seems fine.

i've just started looking so i'm confused as hell. I've never been into motorcycles until now.

however i think i want something that looks similar to this?

http://www.michaelsmotorcycles.com/1964HondaSportCubCA.html

i know i must sound like a retard, could someone point me in the right direction?

edit: also, i want it to be street legal and i can use for short distances on highways (<10 miles) and can do around 50-60 easily with two passengers?

edit 2:actually scratch the highway driving? as you can tell, i have no clue wtf i'm doing here. can someone start me off?