motorcycles caused me strife

wild style

oh :(. insurance isn't as much as you think it is. motorcycles are cheap! 250cc is still fun though and i don't usually like anything about 600cc. 140lb and stick-figure stature doesn't agree.

no i can pay for insurance, but since i'm not legal yet, i'm not allowed to get insurance on my own. so my parents have to sign for me.

they won't sign for me unless i get a smallass bike so their conscience feels better about risking their son getting his ass raped by highway asphalt.

this is a really nice bike. if i had moneyz i'd probably get it as a first bike, you can find it at around 3500-4000€ used here. i still need to take the test though, probably next year (i live on campus this year, so no parking or nothing, i'd rather not get a bike now).

and the worst thing is he dropped it literally 5 minutes after we bought it and I didnt even get a chance to get some frame sliders:(. Oh well, I got it pretty cheap though, ($3100) and he hadn't ridden in like a year so...

Freecat - damn, thats alot for a 250r, they cost around $3500 for a used one here. Its a nice bike though, its light and you definitely wont die if you WOT, you'll just go normal speed :o. Some people complain about freeway riding but I dont plan on getting on the freeway for a while so we'll see. My dad rode it and said it goes at 80 mph @ 9k rpms.

if i had a brother like that i probably wouldn't have it anymore.

anyway i got confused for the price i was thinking about something. so it's around 4400€ brand new, and i found used ones from 2000€ to 3500€ for nearly new ones. so the prices are pretty much the same in america as in europe guess.

and since it's a whole new bike it might get cheaper in the next years which is good for me :D

now it's all confused in my head. anyway i can't buy it in the us and you can't buy it in europe. very cool bike anyway. speedometer is ugly and from the 80's tho.

now it's all confused in my head. anyway i can't buy it in the us and you can't buy it in europe. very cool bike anyway. speedometer is ugly and from the 80's tho.

yeah it is dated... they updated the 650r to digital this year though.

the break in is annoying on the 250 i think im supposed to keep it under 6k rpm until 1000 miles or something but that means 6th gear city riding.

yeah it always takes a while but when it's done well you're glad you did because the motorcyle runs better and doesn't need to be serviced too often and all.

I've got too many bikes, i'm selling a weird one if anybody is interested.

It's a 1980 Honda CM400A, it's a 400CC automatic motorcycle.

It's rare as shit and in decent condition.

New tires, new brakes, just tuned up and oil has just been changed.

$1000, i have it in the Bay Area. If anybody is interested PM me.

Price is firm, shit is super reliable, and a good deal at this price.

Also have new exhaust still in the factory box that i can give you with the bike.

Also have new exhaust still in the factory box that i can give you with the bike.

WTH, you're trying to sell my bike?

i remember you telling me about this bike. my friend might be interested in it so i'll let him know. any CL posting?

considering you live in la, just check craigslist, theres a bunch listed. Don't get a new one, its over 4500 OTD at the dealer and if you buy used you can pretty much use it for a year and get almost all if not all you money back, if you don't drop it too much or ride too many miles.

I got a 08 black with 70 miles + two brothers exhaust for $3100. I've only ridden a few hundred miles but I already feel like I want to upgrade. I've been on the freeway a couple times and it seriously runs at 10k rpm at 70 mph. I'll probably upgrade to a ninja 650r (or something similar) in the fall when I start school and have to commute everyday.

btw, im not saying you shouldn't get the 250r, its a great bike for city riding and learning to ride in traffic. plus it gets like 60 mpg.